PsychoGenics

Updated Feb 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Emer Leahy

Very positive, worked hard and gained a great deal of practical experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProvided opportunities to develop bench skills as well as communication and data organization skills. They were supportive of allowing personal development which led to career advancements.

ConsCan be a very fast paced environment in which a great deal is expected from you, which is not necessarily a con, but it can be a somewhat stressful environment.

Excellent stepping stone if you are willing to make sacrifices

Research Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThis company provides an excellent stepping stone to young people fresh out of college. You will get promoted if you work hard. Opportunity to develop technical skills. Some managers genuinely care about their people. I made the most of my time here because I cared about the work I was doing--if you care and you show it and you have a decent manager, your career will benefit from working here

ConsVery low moral. Expectations at times unreasonable. Extremely stressful environment. The salary is very low for the industry. You will be expected to make sacrifices including long hours and weekend work. These things are simply non-negotiable. Experience entirely dependent upon manager you report to. Some people are selectively babied and others are taken advantage of. no way of knowing which one you will be. A few bad eggs near the top. I was fortunate in that I had a better working situation than many of my peers, however my freedoms were earned after years of proving myself a competent & trustworthy employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove moral--try a little positive reinforcement. Some people worked so hard and received so little recognition for their efforts. Give people a resource to use when they have issues with management. The complete lack of any HR department is problematic. Be more aware of the unfair distribution of overtime and weekend work as it seemed to fall disproportionately on some people shoulders.

Has been an overall positive experience

ProsOpportunity to gain meaningful experience in the industry

ConsThe workload can be demanding

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

if you have another option....take it

Sci (Former Employee)

ProsIts a job if you really need one

ConsMost of the time it was like a swetshop. Bullied into working many weekends. pay was poor, vacation was poor, HR was 1 person who was poor

Advice to Senior Managementlook after your staff better

Worked for PsychoGenics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PsychoGenics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PsychoGenics CEO Emer Leahy. All reviews posted anonymously by PsychoGenics employees.