Ptg Logistics

Updated November 2, 2014
1.5

Ptg Logistics CEO Roger Welling
Roger Welling

lack of support or leadership to make things better and right.

Former Employee - Truck Driver in North Springfield, VT
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in North Springfield, VT

I worked at Ptg Logistics

Pros

The company specifically had dedicated delivery runs to the home Depot stores throughout the North East which were generally easy to fiind.

Cons

The company started out assigning trucks to each driver but did a poor job in getting them into maintenance in a timely fashion and then started slip seating drivers.

Management should solicit ideas from drivers and initiate action that would make the working environment better and safer for everyone.

The worst company I ever worked for!!!

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Winchester, VA

I worked at Ptg Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Are there any ?? You an work long hours and get cheated out of alto of money !!!

Cons

I worked there a year and could not wait to hire on somewhere else. Management is taken to Las Vegas by company for "training" and returns to brag about money spent partying while drivers cannot get raises. Management promises changes but did nothing to make it better for drivers. Trucks are poorly maintained. Cameras to be placed in your face to babysit,so that company can put blame and responsibility on driver. Local management allowed to break law until drivers proved that it was being done. Just a joke of a job !!!!!!

Sell the company and bury your heads in the sand. You were professionals at doing that anyways. If your gonna be in trucking...know what the job requires before you open your mouth.

Run Run Run fast and far away from here!

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Winchester, VA

I worked at Ptg Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only pro being home every night.

Cons

Driver facing cameras w/audio, slow trucks, weekly speed gauge reports with anything above 5 mph. Being micro-managed by unqualified and unprofessional management. Don't think that you will ever meet them because you won't. This is a company that could care less what a driver thinks or feels. This is also a company full of lies, and to your face! There is no such thing as freedom of speech at this company, if you should voice your opinion you could find yourself out of a job, terminated just like me!!!! This company will hire anyone with a CDL and a pulse.

Don't know what to say because you don't listen or care! If you really don't care, then quit lying to your drivers. Keep in mind that even us low-life drivers have families too! Yes, we are real and hard working people.

The worst job I've ever had

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Ptg Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are very good and making the job and company sound great. The best people I ever met at lying to your face.

Cons

They will lie right to your face. They told us they wanted to promote from within but didn't even interview any of the drivers who applied for the open dispatcher position. the only real chance to move up in the company is to be a back stabbing liar and to be very lazy. Hard work and dedication means nothing here. Also they claim family matters,theirs do matter,yours do not.

Stop micro managing every little thing your drivers do. Most of all stop screwing over the people who actually make money for the company.

Don't waste CDL here

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at Ptg Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Only a job and paycheck nothing more

Cons

No supervision, no communication, very unsafe. Too many fresh out of school drivers, and lack of training to details of jobs. No advancement, no raises, very poor benefit package. Fleet is not maintained it is not worth the risk you take as employee for a company that is not interested in its employees. Family time is not important you sleep when your home, for the dangers you will not be compensated. If you are lucky enough you may receive a text message from a supervisor otherwise no leadership no pride. As a driver you become embarrassed to work for this company Im sure most drivers do it for the paycheck trying to provide for their families in this economy.

Management clearly is nonexistent they are schooled in that PTG has good lawyers a company like this needs good lawyers. Management really needs to get in tune with employees and practice customer service and use those lawyers to find out how a trucking company should be run.

Clueless management

I have been working at Ptg Logistics full-time

Pros

I am no longer seeing any pros with this company other than a weekly paycheck. Also my co-workers most of which have several years experience.

Cons

Had a meeting with our"CEO" he is clueless about trucking. He actually does not want you going under a labeled 13'6" overpass because the trailers are 13'6? ?? Also Virginia law forbids a camera on an individual but oks it to be used in common areas, now wouldn't a camera being pointed directly at you in a truck be considered individual? Another thing they won't tell you is that you won't get paid for your time if you break down, again another violation of Virginia law, you must be compensated for "all" your time when working. They feel that if they can't bill it to the customer you won't get it. This used to be a good company to work for until clueless desk jockeys are now trying to justify their jobs by trying to fix something that wasn't broken.
    My feeling is not good at all. Our Stanley, Va site is also feeling the effects, drivers leaving or looking to leave. Run don't walk away.

Why fix something that isn't broke? Watch Virginia law, your heading for trouble! !!

don't waste your time working for this place

Current Employee - Driver in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - Driver in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Ptg Logistics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Can't think of any other than thank God I won't be working there much longer.

Cons

Don't even bother wasting your time trying to get any issue resolved because no one at any level above a driver cares and not a one of them have a lick of sense!

Hire driver managers who atleast have a clue about what they are doing!

Avoid like the a contagious disease!

I have been working at Ptg Logistics

Pros

Weekends off, some good equipment

Cons

No raises in 4 years. Pay cuts involving vacation and overnight travel. Insensitive to employees concerns . Extremely high cost health benefits.

You need to get in touch with who keeps your wheels turning and start really listening to there concerns.

PTG

Current Employee - Driver in Haleyville, AL
    Current Employee - Driver in Haleyville, AL

I have been working at Ptg Logistics

Pros

Home everyday and very little back hauling.

Cons

No raises, benefits cost way to much, no communication between employees and upper-level management.

Meet with your employees, listen to their concerns. After working here 3 years I have never meet my bosses.

Fair pay, poor communications supervisor to employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swedesboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swedesboro, NJ

I worked at Ptg Logistics

Pros

Pay was okay, benefits okay, equiptment okay, holiday and weekends off were also okay, terminal was clean, job itself was quite easy, directions to customers was also okay

Cons

management needed to be more fair with employees as well as giving employees a better advance on company closing its locations

management should have a better worker to management talks as well as giving favortism to certain employees should not be allowed managers should control there tempers and be more fair