Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com

Public Storage Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Public Storage Vice Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, President, and CEO, PS Business Parks Ronald L. Havner Jr.

Ronald L. Havner Jr.

Pros
  • So you have a good work/life balance if you have things to get taken care of after 6pm(in 12 reviews)

• Working alone and having office/steady hours are about it(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Being a property manager is a difficult task with a lot of responsibility(in 63 reviews)

• All upper management is hired from outside the company and are trained by(in 45 reviews)

Worst company ever

Property Manager (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsNo real pros here, when i first started in 2006 the company was great, good bonus structure, really good upper management, but that did not last long

ConsNo respect for store level employes, does not promote from within was told flat out that store manager was as high as i would ever get, as a live on site manager i was only paid minimum wage which was a $2.00 a hour pay cut from what i was making before taking a PM job, high turn over at upper management level we had 7 district managers in the 6 years i with company, nothing was ever good enuff

Property Manager

Property Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsDoing nothing for most of the day.

ConsLying to people about insurance, and locks. I found that most of the locks that were sold were broken, and the leys being sold to other people storing could use their keys on your locks. Probably the most dishonest company I ever worked for. Glad I left.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to understand the area, and treat their employees like humans. I was once told to tow a dead cat away in the dumpster. They also did not let me have time off when a family member passed away. This company pulls a lot of shady work.

Public Storage is an AWESOME place to work.

Property Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsSteady work
    Great management
    Very easy to move up
    Promotes daily goals
    Allows you to evaluate your customer service skills
    I LOVE IT

ConsBeing a relief manager is hard having to travel to different properties daily
    Being a property manager is a difficult task with a lot of responsibility
    Customer can be extremely rude but it challenges you to remain calm

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very helpful and they are doing an excellent job. I think they have the right idea promoting advancement and awarding good work. I think management is doing an awesome job. Being compensated through bonuses for meeting those goals would be nice every once in a while.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too much work for very little pay

ProsGreat hours if you like working every weekend. Would recommended this type work for anyone looking towards retirement. You won't make enough to save for it. Great for college graduates

ConsHave to work every weekend including Sundays is horrible. Boring and slow. No one wants to conduct business on a Sunday. No chance for advancement because company doesn't promote within. No rehire policy and no raises. If you love blowing up customers phone asking for payments, this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth with the people that is doing all the work.

GREAT COMPANY!

Multi Unit Management (Current Employee) Phila, PA

ProsI have been with this Company for 2 years. I came to work her because of the growth potential and to invest myself in a stable Company. It was a great choice. I can work in a business that has great job security and in my time, I have personally experienced the growth potential. I was able to get promoted to the next level. It is a great feeling, to work hard and focus on the right things, and reap the benefits of advancing my career.

ConsMulti-unit positions require a lot of dedication and hard-work. However, you find that in any company. If you are not afraid of hard work and holding high expectations for your own performance, then this is the Company you can grow with.

Fantastic Opportunity

Senior District Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe opportunity at Public Storage is excellent. Public Storage is the market leader in a stable industry and is poised for growth. For that reason those in leadership roles have tremendous room for advancement. The work load is challenging but not unmanageable. The work schedule has flexibility with enables work/life balance. The company leadership provides excellent direction without being overbearing. They allow leaders to lead. Upper management is approachable and provides support to the field. My entire experience at Public Storage has been positive.

ConsThere are times when work is necessary at night or on weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course and continue to grow the company.

Solid Company

ProsStable and pleasant environment to work in. Plenty to do. Fun activities year round. Rose Parade float. Smart and approachable management. Fair salary.

ConsA bit conservative at times. Purchase approval process is a bit slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the people on the ground a little better. You are smart and good natured, but a bit out of touch with the men and women on the ground. But keep up all the good things you are doing such as helping your employees improve their performance, being flexible, professional and friendly!

Thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate it!

Amazing company to work for, great benefits, and tons of opportunity for advancement!

ProsIt is difficult to start over after working for the same company for 20 years. I had a tough decision to make three and a half years ago when I chose Public Storage, but after the interview process I knew this was the place for me! I was given the opportunity to interview with several layers of management, each interview giving me more reasons why I wanted to be a part of this exceptional team.
    The culture here is one of endless support that I had never experienced until I joined the Public Storage team. I love the fact that there is room at the top for everyone with tons of opportunity for advancement. This company takes great pride in the development of its employees and because of this I have enjoyed two promotions within the last three and a half years.
    The work-life balance here is a breath of fresh air. The restaurant business didn't allow me to experience this wonderful convenience. The benefits don't stop there; medical, dental, generous vacation package, rewarding incentive plan, 401k with company match, just to name a few.
    I'm very happy to work for a company that values integrity and trust. This is a company with a solid business model that understands how to treat its employees.

ConsI would like to see us continue to improve our technology. At times the field experiences added obstacles due to out dated equipment/software. The company has recently upgraded phone lines and seems committed to making technology advancements a priority.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and develop!

Good work-life balance

ProsAble to have a balance between work and family - don't have to work extended hours.

ConsNot a company that focuses on employee development.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your people so that they can advance to the next level - otherwise the risk is losing good employees who know a lot about the company.

Very happy working at Public Storage.

Instructional Designer (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsPublic Storage is a very successful company and with that comes a certain amount of job security. Their business model is one of the strongest I've ever seen and they continue to plan on extensive growth every year. With this, they are very supportive and understanding of work life balance.

ConsI don't have any Cons at this time. This company is a perfect fit for me.

Thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate it!

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!