Public Storage

Public Storage Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
Updated October 20, 2014
2.5

Public Storage Vice Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, President, and CEO, PS Business Parks Ronald L. Havner Jr.
Ronald L. Havner Jr.

Pros
  • So you have a good work/life balance if you have things to get taken care of after 6pm (in 12 reviews)

• Working alone and having office/steady hours are about it (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Being a property manager is a difficult task with a lot of responsibility (in 67 reviews)

• Not once has any upper management ever looked at my goal board (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Currently employed for over 7 years now...

Current Employee - Property Manager/KTP in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Property Manager/KTP in Reno, NV

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company offers great training programs and on the job experience in management, retail, and sales. All members of management and corporate level employees really care about each other's safety and overall job satisfaction throughout the company by offering great benefits, bonus programs, incentives, and opportunities to advance within the company.

Cons

Challenges that can arise during a work day involve customer service issues or complaints. This company is all about customer happiness and satisfaction that upper management is always available to assist if help is needed in resolving issues.

A great place to work, Hard work and commitment to employees and customers create opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Manager in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As with anything in life, you only get back what you are willing to give. The culture and environment rewards high performers as demonstrated through the various bonus and incentive programs. People throughout the organization, at all levels, are dedicated, conscientious and an absolute pleasuse to work with

Cons

The nature of the business is challenging at times when dealing with customers that are facing severe hardship, especially when it comes to managing expectations or providing" acceptable" solutions in the view of the customer.

Continue to invest in employees by providing additional training that is not "job based" but is more in line with personal development.

PS is GREAT!!

Current Employee - Relief Manager
    Current Employee - Relief Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great starting pay! You are not on your feet all day! Benefits plus bonuses!!! Opportunities for advancement!!

Cons

Some days you have to run a property by yourself, which can be challenging....but not every shift you work

Keep up the great work ethic and philosophy of Public Storage!

I have no bad words..this company has been good to me

Current Employee - Property Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have had a few different DM's and each one has different personalities but I was treated with respect. This is a sales position and that is what should be focused on. When your hired to do a job if you don't like it then you should find something else no matter where you are working. It's nice to be out at 6 and 5 on the weekends. No long retail nights!!

Cons

Sometimes it may be difficult when you are working by yourself, that's when it seems the most people come in. The only other thing is that we should be off a few more holidays

None at this time, I'm happy with my position

Over the past seven years this company has been a great place for me to grow personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Property Manager/KTP in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Property Manager/KTP in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits of working here are that you get to work with the public and meet lots of different people In the community, the company offers onsite management for property managers , and offers up to date training in customer service and retail sales.

Cons

Some of the challenges to working here are the different customer service issues you may encounter. Though they can present a challenge they can also help you grow professionally and you are never left without help to solve them.

My advice to management is to continue putting customers and employees first.

Public Storage a great work place

Current Employee - Property Tax Analyst in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Property Tax Analyst in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company has a friendly atmosphere. Policy is what is expected in a large corporation and pay is competitive. People is what makes this a great place to work. Working more than 25 years is a testament to its great leadership and management.

Cons

Help with transportation subsidy for carpooling and public transportation would be welcomed if the program was restored.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Middle Management in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Public Storage is a great stable company to work for. Having been here for over 11 years I am happy to have found a company that values it's employees and their contributions. I love the fact that there are so many employees here who have been with the company for a long time. I know many who have been here over 15 years and several who have been here 20+ years. That is a sign of a good company to work for!

Cons

Sure compensation could be better or benefits could be greater, but it is competitive with other companies. You get what you put in to the company and your job. Do well and be rewarded. Doing your job and doing it well is expected. If you take pride in what you do then this is the place for you.

Management has been doing a great job. Public Storage is a stable company with a great business model. I am proud to be a part of Public Storage.

District Manager. 2 years

I have been working at Public Storage

Pros

I love the people I work with. It's great working for a company that is an industry leader and you know is not going anywhere. I feel like I am well compensated for what I do.

Cons

The has been has been very successful with its business model but there is definitely some opportunities when it comes to property maintenance. We do spend a lot of time doing our own repairs and maintenance around the property.

Great, stable company that is well-managed fiscally with many long-term and loyal employees.

Current Employee - Call Center Management in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center Management in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone I work with at Public Storage is enthusiastic and bright. Many employees have been here for 15 to 20 years and still love their jobs! The employees believe in the product, the customers and the company. Time-off and benefits are good. Pay is good. I definitely recommend this company.

Cons

Company is very agressive and detailed about execution and results. If you're going to present results, make sure you know exactly what you're talking about and own it. Although I prefer this and it's a sign of a health, I can see how this could be an issue for some people.

A little more career pathing and development focus on employees may create some enthusiasm and a richer culture. Business model is solid and contributes to such a stable company, I wouldn't change a thing there.

Great place to invest your career

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

First and foremost, we have a Chairman of the Board that truly cares about every individual in the organization. Additionally, we have all been held to a very high standard of integrity, so our company won't stand for unethical members on the team. If you want to be developed, and grow both professionally and personally then this is the place to be. We do set the bar high, because we believe that in order to be the best, we must have the best people.

We all work very hard at Public Storage, but the rewards far outweigh the hard work. I look forward to starting my day, because I know that I work for one of the best ran corporations in the world. Lastly, with all of the businesses shuttering their doors, laying off people or being taken over...I can sleep well at night knowing that my company has solid balance sheet and a bright future.

Cons

If you are not performance driven and results oriented, then you won't like working here.

Thank you for making Public Storage a great place to work. Please continue to only except top notch performance from our fellow team members.