Publicis Modem

Be The First To
Add Photos

Publicis Modem CEO Jean-Philippe (JP) Maheu

Jean-Philippe (JP) Maheu

Pros
  • very good at allowing work life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Chelsea Market is nearby so the food is good(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • New business is lacking- it would be nice to win some pitches to mix things up(in 5 reviews)

• Very top heavy (too many VPs) and not enough middle management(in 5 reviews)

Nice People/Poor Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people I worked with were all great. Most of the junior level people worked their asses off and we always had a lot of fun. The work/life balance was really good and the office is located right by the Chelsea Market so you've always got top-notch food nearby.

ConsThe more senior and the "creatives" were pretty frustrating to be around, as they always had an air of superiority about them and generally wouldn't even look at most people. The leadership while I was there was all over the place from what I could tell.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to point out the people behind the scenes that are making everything happen rather than just putting the 'creatives' on a pedestal

Squandered Talent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros* Pay isn't entirely abysmal
    * Coffee and tea are supplied
    * I worked with some truly good, kind people

Cons* Company infrastructure is outdated and nonmalleable
    * Upper management's fallout wafts to lower levels
    * Reluctance to augment staff with temporary freelancers takes a heavy toll on resources

Advice to Senior ManagementPublicis Modem is privileged to host some of NYC's top talent, and they return the favor by burning their resources at both ends. Projects are often account management-heavy, and the tendency to fulfill every last-minute client demand without a reserve of temporary help places unreasonable pressure on site staff.

In my time there, I witnessed some incredible feats by dedicated team members. The gratitude expressed to these individuals was inversely proportional to their performances. Going above and beyond was unfortunately a consistent expectation instead of an occasional scenario.

Advice: don't be afraid of the mothership. Consider that company infrastructure is not "one size fits all," but subject to environments by branch. Implement changes that improve employee sustainability.

Please also realize that we understand and empathize with personality clashes and errors. However, don't rely on others to compensate for issues perpetrated by those with executive-level hourly rates.

Soul crushing.

Associate Creative Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf there were any they would be listed here.

ConsBackward thinking agency that will most likely not make it past another 5 years.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Digital Strategist

Digital Strategist (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery nice office.
    Good salary and benefits.
    Some talented creatives.

ConsWorse work environment ever. It seemed everybody want to get away. Very high turnover. No leadership. Mediocre clients. Look for something else.

Advice to Senior ManagementTear it all down and start over

Love it!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosits a fun place to work filled with great people

Consyou must be able to work in a fast paced environment

Advice to Senior Managementloved everyone i worked with

Much better than the rumors make it seem

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat people, awesome office, sense of camaraderie in spit of the difficulties within the office, sense of community, desire to turn the place around

Consbeen a hard year, lots of turn over, hard to get a raise, unclear on how to get promoted, hard to service the client given how leanly staffed

Advice to Senior Managementkeep being transparent, share the information as you have it, even if it might change, too great a sense of the unknown to keep people confident in the org

Amazing People; Infrastructure Changing for the better

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI have never worked with such great people; everyone is friendly and supportive. It is fun to go to work and hang out with your friends. Internal mobility is a huge plus - if you want onto a different account, management is pretty supportive. Lots of changes have been made in recent months and it feels like things will definitely improve for the better. Also, the office is awesome.

ConsNew business is lacking- it would be nice to win some pitches to mix things up. Sometimes there is confusion as to who does what when it comes to the senior team. For example, it is often that someone may not know who their boss is.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore feedback and evaluations of employees would be helpful and encouraging. People want to know how they are doing and what they can improve on.

PubMo is making strides

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPubMo has brought in some strong leadership over the past few months and continues to be a place where employees are often more like close friends than just co-workers.

ConsPositive change in areas of need could still happen faster.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing forward, we are making headway!

The new people at Modem are making a difference. they get it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosbenefits, hours, new leadership, compensation, opportunity to integrate with Publicis

Consdifficult clients and limited creative opportunities
    need new business

Going through a lot of change

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosautonomy, trust, ability to do new things regadless of level

Conslow moral makes it frustrating.

Worked for Publicis Modem? Contribute to the Community!