Publicis

Publicis Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Publicis Président du Directoire Maurice Lévy

Maurice Lévy

Pros
  • Great boss, some good people, and interesting work(in 5 reviews)

• Very creative people, great benefits, good work life balance(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, no salary rewardings and no work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Work life balance, very top heavy management who did little and lost more business than it won, not genuine in(in 6 reviews)

Nice people, good opportunity

Associate Creative Director (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros-Nice group of talented people in my office
    -Good creative opportunities
    -Great benefits
    -Fun environment overall, cool office space

Cons-Too many late nights and weekends for my taste
    -Lack of new business kept us scrambling
    -Management seemed a bit scattered, not sure of our strengths/weaknesses or how to best position us to win new accounts

Advice to Senior ManagementA stronger new business program would help.

Variety of Projects

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVariety of Work; Lots of opportunities; High Quality Talent; Large Company = Lots of Resources

ConsSome of the people I've worked with in management positions have gotten lazy and aren't keeping up with the latest trends… They're essentially here for the salary and the safeness of a large organization.

Spectacular!

Diabetes Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsProactive environment, great tech support and fantastic managers

ConsI would only suggest to improve our webpage

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Great Job!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very nice people, Great client. CTO needs to be more open minded.

Powerpoint (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe Company appreciates outstanding work and loyalty. I had a great working relationship for several years with Publicis. I was always the consultant that got this client out of trouble when their New Business was sinking or their client's were unhappy from other freelancer's work. They always paid my invoice in a reasonable amount of time and without a struggle. The CTO (Patti) is very nice, cool-to-the-nth-degree, and professional)

ConsUnfortunately there are employees who do not understand BIG Ad agency mentality and freak out under pressure. The client suffers and so do all the co-workers and freelancers surrounding that person. I was one of those people who suffered tremendously after a 6 year solid relationship with this company because of one very irresponsible and lazy individual. I do NOT blame Publicis at all. That person is now gone from the company and so is my relationship with this amazing corporation because of this one person's crude and poor work ethic. It baffles me that one reckless person can go from agency to agency without recourse.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open minded to to those who were incredibly loyal and perhaps more revue needs to be applied to those who are full-time.

Nothing Special

ProsGood location. Some good people.

ConsA lot of the creative overestimated their creative power. Ads were same old same old. Lots of late night work- there was a little bit of that culture of "let's stay late because why not."

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should evaluate the work more closely. Ask if they are really serving the client and get involved more with the staff. Because an employee has a strong ego doesn't mean they produce interesting work.

Underfunded contract

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsGreat product, amazingly caring customers & helping improve the quality of patients' lives!

ConsToo large territories and micromanaging

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow tenured reps to sell more, learn from high performers and spend less time worrying about micromanaging

Open minded, future thinking

Vice President Creative (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe executive, account and creative teams are extremely open to ideas from everywhere and were embracing digital as fast as I've ever seen a traditional agency do it.

Amazing office space in Plano

Very transparent about the state of business

ConsAgencies are all alike. Work hours for the creatives are not the greatest.

Pitching like mad for new business really wears out the employees who are involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the transparency on the state of the business.

Great people

ProsGreat people and good culture

ConsBehind creatively on digital and thinking forward

Very senior heavy

Writer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsHeart for good, traditional creative

ConsAward driven rather than function driven

Advice to Senior Managementgive your people raises! they want to stay, give them reason to.

Good Experience

Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAbility to get into the pharmaceutical industry

ConsYou have to hope the contract is long term because if it isn't you won't necessarily be moved to another one

Worked for Publicis? Contribute to the Community!