Publishers Circulation Fulfillment

CEO

1. Recruiter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA

Pros

Good people to work with, very team oriented, good pay and benefits

Cons

No cons with this company.

2. Manager - Upper level

I worked at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Independent contractor positions are readily available, and depending on the area can be quite lucrative for making extra money. Field worker positions give many opportunities for success for minorities, students, and stay at home types. Hours are non-daylight, and allow stay-at-home types to make extra money.

Cons

Pressured company commitment negates any meaningful personal life outside of your job, unless you are an inside office worker. There is a great dichotomy of working conditions between the office and the field workers. The office work receives regular hours, scheduled days off and protection from the elements through shelter, heat and air conditioning. The Field worker's conditions vary by location, and is rarely afforded the same luxuries as the office worker. Field worker must own a reliable vehicle and the ability to borrow or rent one if your vehicle is inoperable. You must meet the company minimum for liability, collision and property damage levels, which may come as an added cost to some employees. You will use your car everyday, so rising repair cost and fluctuating gas prices affect your true take home pay.

3. former

Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment (Less than a year)

Pros

there isn't any pros or cons

Cons

no pros or cons for this company

5. Marketing

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Rockleigh, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Rockleigh, NJ

Pros

Company alwsys offered flexible scheduling.

Cons

Lacked room for moving up in company. Micro-management.

Advice to Management

Exceptional Customer Service & reliable delivery will always be key.

6. Good place to work

I worked at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment part-time

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Hated to leave but needed more hours

7. Distribution Generalist

Former Employee - Distribution Generalist in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Distribution Generalist in Sterling, VA

I worked at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment (Less than a year)

Pros

Pick up papers, stuff papers, deliver papers. Pretty straight-forward. I had a smaller route so I would always try to find the quickest route possible. It would go quick. It's an easy way to put working overnight hours on a resume. You might laugh but any 3rd shift experience is helpful in distribution or logistics.

Cons

Sometimes, deliveries were delayed because of production issues at the printing plant. That can be frustrating when you're trying to get in and out. Complaint process is BS. Twice, I got docked for missing a paper when I delivered the paper. If the customer calls and complains, you are docked no matter what. I was quickly offered a chance to work in the plant. However, there were so many down routes that the staff would have to deliver those routes. Instead of having a route five minutes from my house, I would have to go about 30 mins away and deliver a 2-hr route. No thanks! I took it as a short-term job. I was glad because two weeks later, they moved from Sterling to Tysons, which would have added 20 mins to my commute.

Advice to Management

The problem with trying to recruit for a distribution position is the amount of wear-and-tear on your car and the proximity of the plant to the routes themselves. Moving to Vienna (Tysons) was helpful in that aspect. What would be easier is to have Assistant Distribution Managers, who could use company vans to make drops at specific meeting points in the area then handoff the allotted papers to the Distribution Generalists . The closer the drops to the route, the easier it is on the car. That adjustment could make recruiting for open positions a lot easier, which would free depot staff to do other things. Recruiting college and post-college kids is something that could be focused on a little more.

Distribution Center Manager

Pros

Great hardworking coworkers who are committed to results. Good benefit package. Promote from within. High ideals talked about by senior leaders.

Cons

Lip service given to work/life balance. High ideals espoused by senior management & owner, but not translated to actual working conditions. Look for loyalty from employees, but none given by company.

Advice to Management

Place people at the same level as your drive for results, not subservient .

9. Excellent Company to work for

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor

I have been working at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great hours great work-life balance everyone is friendly

Cons

no cons at all. great company to work for

Advice to Management

keep up the great work!

10. Great place to work!

Former Employee - Project Management in North Bergen, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Management in North Bergen, NJ

I worked at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PCF offers great benefits, competitive salaries, great working environment and most importantly, has a leadership that cares about it's employees

Cons

None that come to mind

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing, continue as you are

11. Distribution Generalist

Former Employee - Distribution Generalist in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Distribution Generalist in Springfield, MA

Pros

Decently easy if everyone decides to come in every night. Higher pay than most jobs around and as long as you dont mind driving and can catch onto doing routes quickly, shouldn't be too hard for anyone.

Cons

Constantly covering routes, working 6 days a week instead of the promised 5. Tons of promises of moving up and raises that were never kept. Was told numerous times that they were speaking to HR and things were happening for raises, was told my pay rate was being upped. Got a few checks with the same pay rate, so I called HR myself and was told they had no idea what I was talking about, that my immediate manager never called. Assistant managers and managers constantly making fun of contractors, sexual jokes, rating peoples looks. Not somewhere I want to be. Working midnight to 10 am some days because of distribution problems, most of the time leaving around 6-7am daily.

Advice to Management

Start acting like professionals. Dont promise things that can't be done. If someone is to work 6 days a week, be upfront about it instead of contracting them into 5 nights a week, and telling them there are consequences if they dont come in for the 6th night.

RSS Feed </> Embed