Publishers Circulation Fulfillment

2.4

CEO

marketing analyst

I worked at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment

Pros

They have a friendly environment

Cons

I didn't have any bad experience working there.

Very good work environment where I earned a lot and was given the opportunity to succeed.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Rockleigh, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockleigh, NJ

I worked at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people to work with making the relatively mundane work bearable.

Cons

The overall work is rather boring and would be better if some how made more exciting and fulfilling.

Make it a more exciting place to work making the employee want to succeed more.

Winter Storm Warning

Current Employee - Distribution Specialist/Independent Contractor  in  Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Distribution Specialist/Independent Contractor in Beverly, MA

I have been working at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Camaraderie, co-workers guidance, free water, warm, lighting.

Cons

Expected to deliver newspapers during Winter Storm Warning: Threat to life and property, even though per diem earnings are $10.60.

Increase wages of independent contractors whose delivery service the company owner depends for income. Stop charging for use of work area to bag newspapers. Provide at no cost to the independent contractors: the plastic bags that the newspapers are inserted into for delivery. At present, we contractors have to buy the bags from you to deliver the product.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a great place to work

Current Employee - Independent Contractor  in  Madison, CT
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Madison, CT

Pros

Getting out to deliver the papers away from the depot as soon as possiable . get away from the management because of bad attitudes . If certain rules apply at the depoy then they should apply to all employees . having some bad apples in one basket doesnt mean that they are all bad .

Cons

Non informative management . They never answer their phone when called . Bad attitudes .If you were to put one person in a crowd with a bad attitude then it spreads to almost all the others in the room.

Get rid of the drift wood . Management does not appear to like their jobs at all. Could it possiably be that they are also non informed as well as the rookies are to.

Good company

Former Employee - Logistics Routing Specialist  in  Rockleigh, NJ
    Former Employee - Logistics Routing Specialist in Rockleigh, NJ

I worked at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment full-time

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever worked with. Always felt like my option was valued whether or not it was agreed with. I believe the position is work from home now.

Cons

They provide a company cell phone so you're always on call. Went through a tough time and laid off many employees. I suppose many companies did.

Continue the image of transparency in management and value the opinions of staff.

I enjoyed my time with PCF.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training team leaders where hands on with teaching.

Cons

They down sized. wish I could go back

Horrible Horrible Horrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Neptune City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neptune City, NJ

I have been working at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

As an independent contractor the hours work for me

Cons

The employees of PCF (mgt.) are phony, thoughtless,and vindictive. If I did not need the additional income right now I would dump it in a heartbeat. They know how to manipulate the system so that the carriers continually show complaints and the tips are handled poorly

Rather than worry about profit---- try treating your staff & carriers with dignity and respect and I can guarantee you that your profits will increase. When people are treated decently then they will go the extra mile for you and care about how they do the job.

Great place for entry level opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment full-time for more than a year

Pros

good local management (Pensacola office)
    good working environment
    Tends to promote from within

Cons

Clueless upper management
    Uncertain job stability

The cheapest solution is not always the least expensive.

Bad Company (not the band)

Current Employee - Shipping/Receiving Supervisor  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Shipping/Receiving Supervisor in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There were no cons to this job, except having a job in this terrible economy.

Cons

Below average pay, horrible work morale environment, dishonest and fraudulent business practices

Dont inherit the job as President / Owner from your dead husband. You ran the company into the ground due to your high level of ignorance and conceit and low levels of business accumen and strategy

Ugh...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

I worked at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment

Pros

Initially, PCF was a great place to work. It's a family-owned business and had a very laid-back feeling and was actually fun.

Cons

The Executive Leadership team hired a tyrant of a woman to act as CFO and she brought a lot of tension and negativity into the office. Major authoritarian. On top of the fun being completely sucked out of the place, the company had a knack for promoting "favorites" and brown-nosers, who weren't qualified for their positions, and not promoting the quieter people who knew what they were doing.

Get your head out of your a$$es.

Worked for Publishers Circulation Fulfillment? Contribute to the Community!