Publix

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.7 1,117 reviews

Publix CEO and Director Ed Crenshaw

Ed Crenshaw

Pros
  • Great benefits; amazing 401k options; willing to work with a college student's schedule(in 78 reviews)

• Good benefits and pay is raised at a decent amount throughout your career there(in 70 reviews)

Cons
  • I'm pretty sure this is illegal if I am not converted to a full-time employee but make(in 115 reviews)

• People who can only work part time only get to work ONE DAY per week at times(in 64 reviews)

1,117 Employee Reviews

My favorite job

Cake Decorator (Former Employee) Kissimmee, FL

ProsWonderful benefits for employees. You literally own a piece of the company because they give you shares of stock. Great people! Can easily move up in the company.

ConsCustomer is always right and unfortunately you will follow rules the company provides however if the customer insists on having a manager come they override and give them what they want. Ends up making you feel stupid.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so quick to give in to customer complaints, maybe lying thieving customers are worth losing over making your employees look stupid.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are great and always.

ConsTransfers happen a lot you don't stay at one store for to long.

Exhausting

ProsAwesome benefits. Great company to work for.

ConsManagement in Montgomery is terrible.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work

Bagger (Current Employee) Pensacola, FL

Proslove working here the people get along with you

Conssometimes you have to stay till midnight

Advice to Senior Managementfhgd

Great Start

ProsGood pay and a lot of encouragement

ConsIf you want to move up you have to have an intense commitment to it

The Best of Both Worlds

Customer Service Staff (Current Employee)

ProsManagers are always looking out for people interested in training in other departments and areas. They make sure you're treated well most of the time, and keep you up to date on everything you need to know. They're very accepting of issues at home and grant time off and such accordingly.

ConsPart timers don't get as many benefits however everyone is treated as equals. Managers are sometimes too lax with the rules or go over others heads, despite you being right.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be a stickler for every little detail, but don't make your associates look like fools in front of customers, especially when the customer is wrong and just making a commotion.

Good overall, customer service team could be clique-y

Cashier (Former Employee) Snellville, GA

ProsGood first experience, working in a team, individual responsibility

ConsCustomer Service Department was clique-y/unprofessional, would gossip at times

Its a wonderful experience filled with happiness and great customer service skills.

Part Time Cashier (Current Employee) Ocala, FL

ProsThis company offers great time off policies, compentastion, and a great attitude workforces.

ConsHandling challenging scenarios dealing with customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise that everyone gets treated equally.

Descent Company

ProsGood Benefits, bonuses, descent pay

Conshard to get full time

Advice to Senior Managementlearn to be less greedy and give more full time

Loved it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI love the value Publix holds for it's customers.

ConsI was in the deli so I didn't get to walk around the store much but it was still a good place to work.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!