Publix Reviews

3.7
1,256 Reviews

Publix CEO and Director Ed Crenshaw
Ed Crenshaw

Pros
  • Great benefits; amazing 401k options; willing to work with a college student's schedule (in 98 reviews)

• Good benefits and pay is raised at a decent amount throughout your career there (in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • I'm pretty sure this is illegal if I am not converted to a full-time employee but make (in 127 reviews)

• People who can only work part time only get to work ONE DAY per week at times (in 70 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Current Employee - Bakery in Goose Creek, SC
    Current Employee - Bakery in Goose Creek, SC

I have been working at Publix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Publix in itself is a great company! It has great benefits and also as an associate you can acquire stock with the company which is also a great plus. They actually care. They work with you with scheduling and they make every effort to see you suceed.

Cons

Mirco managing. Micro managing is going to drive the atmosphere at Publix into the ground. They are quick to point out faults but only a select few will make you feel like you are appreciated. It is a great company and the atmosphere with shoppers is undeniably the best, however the atmosphere with the associates needs work.

Please work on the relationship with your associates! Do not just point out their faults. they need to hear when they are doing a great job as well and that you appreciate them.

excellent

Current Employee - Grocery Replenishment Specialist in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Grocery Replenishment Specialist in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Publix part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Customer service,team work and how they care about theirs people

Cons

No challenges, just work hard, you can advance

great place

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Publix (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice people good benifits and sakary

Cons

not much bad to say

The best company I have worked at, with the friendliest and nicest staff.

Former Employee - Front Service Clerk (Bagger) in Orange Park, FL
    Former Employee - Front Service Clerk (Bagger) in Orange Park, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed how they treated their employees, getting payed every week was always a plus. There was always someone there to help guide you and they never treated an employee negatively in any way.

Cons

It is hard work and they are strict with dress code as well as hair being up if you are a women, to having a shaved face, or a pencil stache is acceptable for men.

Keep on doing what you are doing.

Review

Current Employee - Grocery Replenishment Specialist in Florence, AL
    Current Employee - Grocery Replenishment Specialist in Florence, AL

I have been working at Publix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, great environment, and plenty of chances to move up. I am blessed to work for a wonderful company

Cons

No cons I have been with Publix for 3years now and I love it there It's good for people that want to make it a career or just want a part time job

Lot or room for moving up just work hard and make your goals known to management

Great For Long Term

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Publix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You get to work with a diverse set of personalities. Financially, you get taken care of. Time off requests are very flexible. Benefits are second to none, including 401k with company match, health benefits, holiday pay, and quarterly bonuses. Vacation time is comparable to other companies.

Cons

Tough to create a work life balance. Sometimes it feels like there is no room for error, and you can't train people and allow them to make mistakes. Reality is, people learn from failures more than successes. Holidays and weekends are prime time, so don't expect to get too many of those off.

Walk the walk, don't just talk the talk. How can we perpetuate the culture to our associates, if you do not do it for your managers?

it has been ok. just a typical job that has its good and bad days

Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Dallas, GA
    Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Dallas, GA

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than an year)

Pros

very nice customers about 95 percent of the time. company overall is awesome. benefits are good.
    coworkers are very nice and enjoy their company.

Cons

i wish they would give us more time to do tasks since we supposed to go by the times on our daily listing.

Great company

Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company values. Definitely pays attention to customers needs and expectations. Great job at training staff to treat customers like royalty.

Cons

May come across incompetent management depending on which store. Upper-management can be rude and disrespectful to employees.

Treat employees with respect and award them with raises appropriate with their work ethic. A part-time grocery clerk doing job duties of a Grocery Replenishment Specialist should be awarded more than the minimum $0.25 raise.

Great place to work.

I worked at Publix

Pros

Free lunch for employees.

Cons

HQ is in Lakeland, FL aka Middle of Nowhere.

Great place to work at part time.

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Athens, AL
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Athens, AL

I worked at Publix part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Publix is employee-owned and therefore is not as concerned in making a profit and is more apt to treat their employees well.
    Managers always try to do the right thing and are generally nice to you as an employee.
    Publix considers itself a family and therefore it is fairly easy to grow within the company, would you like to do so. In general, Publix always promotes from within.
    Publix does not lay off anyone for any reason and in order to get fired, you have to be doing something really bad.
    Publix pays over minimum wage, although not generously so, but they are flexible with your schedule.
    Training is great for the Deli department.

Cons

Publix has a good stock option/401k plan but unless you are a manager, other benefits are rare. The insurance is not worth it, but you do get a Christmas bonus.
    As mentioned as a pro, it is very hard to get fired which means that some managers who have performed extremely poorly, just get transferred to another store and not get fired as they should.
    Very difficult to get full time if you're a regular employee.

Stop bugging employees about donating to 'United Way', I know it is for the overall good but it borders on forcing people to donate, I know I was practically forced.