Pubmatic

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
2.6

Rajeev Goel

Pros
  • I honestly can't think of many positives other than the sprinkling of good people that can be found and usually stick together (in 6 reviews)

• It was a good place to initially learn stuff and meet people, Excellent timings and flexible work environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much of a work/life balance unless you have small accounts (in 5 reviews)

• It is pretty much a revolving door - where engineering and product leaders are hired and fired (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Highly progressive company at the very forefront of advertising technology

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

During my time here I have met and worked with some truly great people, more so than any other company I've worked for. The team is passionate and ambitious with inspirational leadership at all levels and lots of highly intelligent colleagues to learn from. This has enabled me to develop rapidly and within a short space of time. As PubMatic provides sophisticated and pioneering solutions, there are always plenty of opportunities to work with top clients, develop invaluable new skills and be involved in innovative new ideas and projects.

Cons

The company is growing at a staggering rate and so runs the risk of losing some of its character as it becomes more corporate. In order to be noticed you must be prepared to work especially hard and so very occasionally work/life balance can be a slight issue, though the work itself is always interesting, engaging and rewarding.

An internship that provided a enjoyable and productive experience of work in the city.

Former Employee - Summer Intern in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in London, England (UK)

I worked at Pubmatic as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good team to work with, friendly office environment. Free lunches on Monday and Wednesday and unlimited snack food. Leadership was informative and considerate of my ability, also gave me chances to develop my skills independently.

Cons

Limited entry level opportunities. Although the range of work is very diverse, some work can go unappreciated. There needs to be more focus on attention to detail.

Period of great growth and strong future potential!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company has a very good culture, looking to build strong teams and everyone is very friendly and nice. Many new people in the company makes it an exciting place to be as well as a thieving environment where we can work together in a collaborative team environment. Perks are good.have individual freedom to work as well.

Cons

Office is still growing in space to include more people.

Continue the good work and keep focusing on the current strategy which will enable this company to reach great heights.

Completing a period of transition and positioned for strong growth

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is at the forefront of the programmatic segment and recently rated as #1 by Forrester in its category. It's no longer a startup and has gone through the awkward transition to a more mature company in the last two years, with a lot of the weaker team members moving on to create a much stronger business. The executive team have a clear vision on where the company is going and a focus on getting there. Salary and benefits are competitive.

Cons

The usual downsides of a high-growth company: aggressive hiring, ambitious objectives and probably trying to do too much. If you're not interested in a high-growth environment, this is not the place for you. The company has a strong sales performance ethos which is not to everyone's taste.

More frequent communication to the team. Empower mid-level leaders more.

Exciting, challenging & fun place to work!

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a great sense of teamwork across all PubMatic offices. There is always someone who can help or point you in the right direction. There is a huge focus and effort around us being the best in the industry! We take pride in delivering the best technology and customer service to every one of our clients.

The company is filled with a large number of industry, product and technology experts who are looking at ways of sharing their knowledge across the business. PubMatic's Training and Development team have just launched a new and exciting learning tool for all employees to access. Knowledge & innovation is at the heart of our development.

The UK Leadership Team are extremely approachable and there is very much an open door policy! I have worked for some great and horrendous companies in the past and I would definitely consider PubMatic to be one of my favourite places to work. PubMatic is at an exciting point in it's growth and I can't wait to be part of its success.

Cons

HQ processes and procedures need to be localised as our Non US operations grow bigger and bigger!

Find more ways of spending dedicated time with your global teams. The time you spend with them is invaluable and can go a long way to making your them feel appreciated and that their voices are heard!

Impressed so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Pubmatic (less than an year)

Pros

I've only been with Pubmatic a short time, however, what I have seen I am impressed with. Very friendly and approachable colleagues and managers, a supportive management team and plenty of opportunity to work off my own initiative. Staff seem to believe in the product and its great to be surrounded by such passionate people.

Cons

None so far, however having read some other reviews I report back if things change.

EMEA and APAC need more autonomy if they are to operate as efficiently as is needed across time zones.

Nest place to work so far

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Pune (India)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay
    Fun at work along with work
    Complete job satisfaction

Cons

Bit of office politics
    Under performers needs to be given a chance and proper training instead of suppressing them.

Need to have an proper JD in place as I've some slogging like donkeys, while other enjoy watching these donkeys work

working environment is very good

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

one can learn a lot and enjoy at the same time

Cons

No cons till so far...

One of the best place to work

Current Employee - Publisher Account Manager
    Current Employee - Publisher Account Manager

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very flexible and open work environment. Everyday is challenging and new. You are paid well and more importantly a growing organisation with promising future. A great bonding and trust between the employees.

Cons

Night-Shift though new shift timings are coming soon as company is expanding in new geos.

Please don't spoil the sense of belonging by binding too many rules and regulations.

Awesome++ people to Work with!!

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

+ Transparent Environment
    + Genuinely Caring Managers.
    + Very Co-operative and understanding Senior Management, who are always keen to listen from you!
    + Very Talented people in terms of Technology.
    + New Challenges & Creative work.
    + Team Leads take care of each and every member of the team in terms of Personnel interest and strengths.
    + Very Flexible Working Hours.
    + Last not the least, No Leave Policy at all!!

Cons

- Lunch is not very impressive. You can't eat only Sand witches every day!!

Higher Management, please take ownership in providing the better Lunch facilities, rather than let it be decided by Client services team, who of-course have delivered poorly.

Pubmatic Photos