Pueblo City Schools

Pueblo City Schools Reviews

Updated Feb 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Volunteering within my high school education at my high school.

Volunteer (Former Employee) Pueblo, CO

ProsBeing involved in the community, helping new students find where they are suppose to go, ect.

ConsDealing with lots of difficult students and parents.

All right

Teacher (Former Employee) Pueblo, CO

ProsGood place to learn and work

ConsNone at this point in time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this point in time

Frustrating lack of Priorities

Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) Pueblo, CO

ProsThe IT team works really hard to keep the district running. Despite being overworked they hustle and for the most part keep completing projects in a timely fashion.

ConsAll the money that goes into this District gets funneled to Administrators or Consultants. When I was there they seemed to be buying any fancy new program or solution they wanted despite not having the classroom hardware to run anything. Not to mention what little is left for the classroom goes completely to the magnet schools. They'll get new computers and laptops for their kids while the rest of the schools are dealing with PC's that are nearly 6 years old. If you want to make money in this district you need to be working in the Administration building as that is where most of the money is.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue and quit micromanaging. Put the money where it needs to be as well, in the classroom so teachers don't have to buy their own books or deal with PC's that are older than some of the kinder-gardeners. Its only a few more years before the state takes you over for underachievement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible District Administration

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pueblo, CO

ProsMajority of teachers are dedicated, hard-working.

ConsNo true leadership or direction. Unnecessary number of administrators who mostly spent time in ad. building, not at schools. Not willing to look at works well at successful schools.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of communicating with teachers and community about your long term goals.

Worked for Pueblo City Schools? Contribute to the Community!