PulsePoint

Updated December 5, 2014
3.7

PulsePoint CEO Sloan Gaon
Sloan Gaon

Respect for employees, opportunities to work at scale. Some fuzzy product direction.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PulsePoint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You will get a chance to do things at scale that would take a long time to get to in other companies. It's a place that gives you a lot of freedom to take initiatives. There is also a respect for people's time. You can work late, and often do out of interest, but it's not expected except in extreme cases.

Cons

Many initiatives trumpeted over the years were abandoned once complete. Chasing the next new thing can leave staff a bit cynical about what they are working on now. Hard to connect vision and products. I thing this is about par for ad-tech, however.

Clearer product focus would increase sense of purpose. Post merger it was understandable, and good decisions were made, but the split focus still seems to gnaw at a sense of unified purpose.

Dont do it - Please do not accept their offer - RUN

Current Employee - Observer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Observer in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint

Pros

Free candy, good luck with that especially since we are a country with the most obese people, hahaha. Don't let the free candy and talk of game room fool you, it's nothing exciting.

Cons

The company is going downhill and you don't want to be a part of it. They are firing people everyday for no good reason and people are also resigning everyday. They have like free candy which is what they use to suck you in and once you are there the abuse starts. There is nothing good about this company. They work you like a dog and the SLT team SUCKS.

The board need to fire the entire SLT team and hire brand new people. They are a bunch of morons and have no leadership skills. Bring in people with common sense and who can run a business. They have been trying to buy their way into being the best place to work and have failed at all their attempts.

In the beginning it was good

I worked at PulsePoint full-time

Pros

Free soda and candy. Biweekly lunches

Cons

No direction and no transparency

The best internship I've ever had...

Current Employee - Data Analytics Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Data Analytics Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

This internship totally exceeded my expectation and made me love this company and the people there...First of all, "you'll learn as much as you can". During the whole program, all they emphasized was "what you can learn from them" rather "what you can do for them". Each of our interns was assigned with a mentor. My mentor gave me a very organized and detailed plan on my day one and frequently checked in to offer help and training. Besides, the company organized weekly intern meetings. For each session, we had different speakers from different dept. to present how that dept. was organized and functioned to contribute the success of the company. Second, "great culture, great people". While you were hard-learning, you enjoyed great fun! "Pulsepoint-sharktank", "intern outing", "weekly free lunch", "happy hour", 'free ice-cream", "office yoga" etc. etc...reflecting one of the company's core values: have fun or go home. Last, you'll work with "smart people". I'm feeling so proud to be part of the "super-smarts" They were great mentors, sharing and responsive. I did feel so lucky to intern at PulsePoint. Highly recommended!

Cons

The company grows really fast so even as an intern, you have to work and study hard to keep your pace with the business and the market. It is not an easy "intern" but you will definitely learn a lot.

The senior management is doing a great job!

Great Internship!

Former Employee - Intern

I worked at PulsePoint as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Had a great time at PulsePoint. Learned more about my career choice as well as the industry. This internship has allowed me to get exposure of life in an office with a team of helpful individuals who guided me through certain tasks that was given to me. There's plenty to do so you are always busy, and during those rare times that no projects are assigned, you can always ask to assist or learn more on what your team is doing and the position they play at PulsePoint.

Cons

Everyday task could become very repetitive at times.

Great internship, best part is the people

Former Employee - Intern

I worked at PulsePoint as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I was able to learn a lot about the workings of digital ad industry through the weekly intern meeting and my coworkers were very helpful whenever I had questions. Everyone in the company, even at different offices, are team players so I was able to work with people beyond my department. The people are the best part of the job and I find the company's positive attitude towards creating a fun, cohesive unit very encouraging.

Cons

There were times where I wasn't given an assignment, which became a bit dull but I tried to stay productive by doing research myself. Responsibilities could become repetitive after a while and I felt I was under utilized.

I appreciate the inclusion of upper management in intern meetings. It's nice to see who is running the company and what they specialize in the company.

Great Company Culture

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time

Pros

The company culture is incredibly fun...sure, we work hard but we have fun doing it. Free snacks all day long, game room, company events, good (not great) pay/salary, open communication...Amazing co-workers that are passionate about their job and the organization. Management encourages growth and development. 20 PTO days to start (and my birthday).

Cons

Nothing so far as I'm fairly new to the organization. Maybe a higher match on the 401K (currently at 3%) but not many of my colleagues in ad tech even have it so I'll take what I can get.

Keep doing what you're doing. Company has changed even in the short time I've been here. Embrace it.

Best First Job Ever

Current Employee - Linux in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Linux in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The environment and people are so welcoming and helpful that I learned so much more than I would anywhere else. I've grown a huge amount in just a few months and I could start my career full pace ahead just from what I've learned here. I could not have fallen into a better company for my first job. Very flexible. Very understanding. We work hard.

Cons

No cons that I could think of

A great place to work!

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good company with very talented people.. Collaborative, collegial, and very fun work environment.
    Interesting and challenging projects.
    Emphasis on career development with a lot of opportunity for growth.
    Very good management.
    Company lives by its motto "Have fun or go home."

Cons

Free snacks. All day, every day.

Keep hiring great people and building a great culture.

Great experience early in my career.

I have been working at PulsePoint

Pros

Introduced to clients and responsibility that you otherwise might not be exposed to.

Cons

The product and development team isn't innovating.