PulsePoint Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
3.7

PulsePoint CEO Sloan Gaon
Sloan Gaon

Respect for employees, opportunities to work at scale. Some fuzzy product direction.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PulsePoint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You will get a chance to do things at scale that would take a long time to get to in other companies. It's a place that gives you a lot of freedom to take initiatives. There is also a respect for people's time. You can work late, and often do out of interest, but it's not expected except in extreme cases.

Cons

Many initiatives trumpeted over the years were abandoned once complete. Chasing the next new thing can leave staff a bit cynical about what they are working on now. Hard to connect vision and products. I thing this is about par for ad-tech, however.

Clearer product focus would increase sense of purpose. Post merger it was understandable, and good decisions were made, but the split focus still seems to gnaw at a sense of unified purpose.

In the beginning it was good

I worked at PulsePoint full-time

Pros

Free soda and candy. Biweekly lunches

Cons

No direction and no transparency

The best internship I've ever had...

Current Employee - Data Analytics Intern  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Data Analytics Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint as an intern for less than a year

Pros

This internship totally exceeded my expectation and made me love this company and the people there...First of all, "you'll learn as much as you can". During the whole program, all they emphasized was "what you can learn from them" rather "what you can do for them". Each of our interns was assigned with a mentor. My mentor gave me a very organized and detailed plan on my day one and frequently checked in to offer help and training. Besides, the company organized weekly intern meetings. For each session, we had different speakers from different dept. to present how that dept. was organized and functioned to contribute the success of the company. Second, "great culture, great people". While you were hard-learning, you enjoyed great fun! "Pulsepoint-sharktank", "intern outing", "weekly free lunch", "happy hour", 'free ice-cream", "office yoga" etc. etc...reflecting one of the company's core values: have fun or go home. Last, you'll work with "smart people". I'm feeling so proud to be part of the "super-smarts" They were great mentors, sharing and responsive. I did feel so lucky to intern at PulsePoint. Highly recommended!

Cons

The company grows really fast so even as an intern, you have to work and study hard to keep your pace with the business and the market. It is not an easy "intern" but you will definitely learn a lot.

The senior management is doing a great job!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Internship!

I worked at PulsePoint as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Had a great time at PulsePoint. Learned more about my career choice as well as the industry. This internship has allowed me to get exposure of life in an office with a team of helpful individuals who guided me through certain tasks that was given to me. There's plenty to do so you are always busy, and during those rare times that no projects are assigned, you can always ask to assist or learn more on what your team is doing and the position they play at PulsePoint.

Cons

Everyday task could become very repetitive at times.

Great internship, best part is the people

I worked at PulsePoint as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was able to learn a lot about the workings of digital ad industry through the weekly intern meeting and my coworkers were very helpful whenever I had questions. Everyone in the company, even at different offices, are team players so I was able to work with people beyond my department. The people are the best part of the job and I find the company's positive attitude towards creating a fun, cohesive unit very encouraging.

Cons

There were times where I wasn't given an assignment, which became a bit dull but I tried to stay productive by doing research myself. Responsibilities could become repetitive after a while and I felt I was under utilized.

I appreciate the inclusion of upper management in intern meetings. It's nice to see who is running the company and what they specialize in the company.

Great Company Culture

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time

Pros

The company culture is incredibly fun...sure, we work hard but we have fun doing it. Free snacks all day long, game room, company events, good (not great) pay/salary, open communication...Amazing co-workers that are passionate about their job and the organization. Management encourages growth and development. 20 PTO days to start (and my birthday).

Cons

Nothing so far as I'm fairly new to the organization. Maybe a higher match on the 401K (currently at 3%) but not many of my colleagues in ad tech even have it so I'll take what I can get.

Keep doing what you're doing. Company has changed even in the short time I've been here. Embrace it.

Best First Job Ever

Current Employee - Linux  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Linux in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The environment and people are so welcoming and helpful that I learned so much more than I would anywhere else. I've grown a huge amount in just a few months and I could start my career full pace ahead just from what I've learned here. I could not have fallen into a better company for my first job. Very flexible. Very understanding. We work hard.

Cons

No cons that I could think of

A great place to work!

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company with very talented people.. Collaborative, collegial, and very fun work environment.
    Interesting and challenging projects.
    Emphasis on career development with a lot of opportunity for growth.
    Very good management.
    Company lives by its motto "Have fun or go home."

Cons

Free snacks. All day, every day.

Keep hiring great people and building a great culture.

Love working at PulsePoint. It is fast moving and growing over 100% and it very rewarding work to be involved with

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is innovative, nimble, and fast-paced and open with communication. The management team is very open about the strategy (programmatic + content), its numbers $80+ million in 2014 and profitable and what your goals and responsibilities are on a quarterly basis. My colleagues are very smart and care about the product. The company provides very good benefits including free food, candy, ice cream, 401K, retreats, PTO time. I do feel strongly that the mgmt teams cares about us and believes that we are all in this together.

Cons

It is a good place overall but sometimes the company forgets that we are not Google and don't have the same resources. But this isn't such a bad thing. Comp is good but I always want more!!! Also, they aren't perfect. Some of the reviews want Pulsepoint to be nirvana. What place is.

Keep focused. You have done a great job of turning the business around and bringing in a great group of people. Go public so we can get the recognition we deserve

Fast paced and fun work environment

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time

Pros

Senior management is down to earth and available to listen to their employees needs. Casual work environment with a great work/life balance, Paid time off policy is great more then I have ever received from any other company. The recent add of the 401K match is an added plus. I enjoy the large number of events both internal and external that are held throughout the course of the month. Great benefits and perks!

Cons

More industry and department related training's would be helpful.

Keep the employees at the forefront of everything you do. If your employees are happy they will do great work and keep the company profitable.

Worked for PulsePoint? Contribute to the Community!