PulsePoint Reviews

3.5
PulsePoint CEO Sloan Gaon
Sloan Gaon

1. Great company to work for and growth is really strong

I worked at PulsePoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was working at PulsePoint full-time (More than a 3 years). I left to go travel

* This use to be a sales focused org but is now very much tech focused. If you're a software engineer, you're among the kings of the hill.
    * The perks are impressive for a small 100 person company. Lots of free food (candy, ice cream, cereal, snacks, sodas. Amazing events and parties throughout the year.
    * Speaking of which, the company is doing quite well, which reflects in bonuses and equity grants.
    * There a huge diversity of work and its is getting more and more challenging and thus more exciting.
    * The company does a good job investing back in its employees and promotes a lot from within
    * The company is amazingly open: we have weekly meetings with the CEO, everyone's goals are listed on a website and the objectives are very clear. The CEO is also very accessible and friendly with everyone
    * Good life work balance
    * Pay is good and bonuses are really good
    * Company is growing 100% every year and is very profitable

Cons

* Is a small company at 100 people so if you want a large company, this is not for you
    * They have a couple of different products so if you don't like those products you are SOL

Advice to Management

Keep investing in technology and create cool new products

Great company in ad tech

Current Employee - Sales/Biz Dev in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales/Biz Dev in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the smartest people I know
    Good core technology and exciting entry in content marketing space
    Pre-IPO, startup type of company with long tenure and profitability
    Regular employee events
    Snacks, beer, lunches
    Career Development and training has been a recent focus area

Cons

Has an evolving brand so don't think your friends will know or understand where you work or what you do.
    Evolving brand has some uncertainty associated with it (as does most of the space anyway)
    Downtown financial location may be a challenge for some

Advice to Management

Keep focusing the new strategy while keeping your eye (and focus) on what got us here in the first place.

3. Working for PulsePoint has been an amazing experience, wonderful culture and overall amazing company!

Current Employee - Publisher Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Publisher Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint

Pros

The best reasons to work here are the flexible hours, the amazing people, catered lunch's, and very accessible to work from home!

Cons

Some of the challenges of working here lack of communication within teams and being so far in financial district!!

Advice to Management

So far, working here has been an amazing experience. I have learned a huge amount about the digital industry as well as myself. I think there are some issues that need to be fixed (communication within teams) and some more perks (iced coffee daily) but overall, I am very happy and want to thank you!

Horrible place- finance department!

Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I worked at PulsePoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, literally.
    Thinking about this company I cannot find anything positive.... Maybe free lunches twice a week and happy hours from time to time.

Cons

Crazy place to work for. Unprofessional senior management. Either you stay quiet and pretend you like everyone and agree with all the lies, or you express your opinion and you get fired. Lots of strange politics. I think all senior management is connected in some way and they have each other's backs no matter what, they are protected- even though they treet their employees like animals. Crazy hours, strange bookkeeping, and total mess on the books. Some individuals on a very high level were promoted for implementing Concur- this is all they can do- as nothing else was fixed during their 2.5 years with the company. Actually everything got even more messed up. If anything gets done it is done by outside accounting consulting firm. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this company, especially working for finance dept.

Advice to Management

Evaluate each other's performance once again, especially finance senior management. More should be improved within past 3 years. Instead everything got more messed up. You do not see it as you do not work in the finance department directly. Why there is no finance presentations on the best meetings? How come each senior manager is able to present except for finance?

Dont do it - Please do not accept their offer - RUN

Current Employee - Observer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Observer in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint

Pros

Free candy, good luck with that especially since we are a country with the most obese people, hahaha. Don't let the free candy and talk of game room fool you, it's nothing exciting.

Cons

The company is going downhill and you don't want to be a part of it. They are firing people everyday for no good reason and people are also resigning everyday. They have like free candy which is what they use to suck you in and once you are there the abuse starts. There is nothing good about this company. They work you like a dog and the SLT team SUCKS.

Advice to Management

The board need to fire the entire SLT team and hire brand new people. They are a bunch of morons and have no leadership skills. Bring in people with common sense and who can run a business. They have been trying to buy their way into being the best place to work and have failed at all their attempts.

In the beginning it was good

I worked at PulsePoint full-time

Pros

Free soda and candy. Biweekly lunches

Cons

No direction and no transparency

8. Respect for employees, opportunities to work at scale. Some fuzzy product direction.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PulsePoint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will get a chance to do things at scale that would take a long time to get to in other companies. It's a place that gives you a lot of freedom to take initiatives. There is also a respect for people's time. You can work late, and often do out of interest, but it's not expected except in extreme cases.

Cons

Many initiatives trumpeted over the years were abandoned once complete. Chasing the next new thing can leave staff a bit cynical about what they are working on now. Hard to connect vision and products. I thing this is about par for ad-tech, however.

Advice to Management

Clearer product focus would increase sense of purpose. Post merger it was understandable, and good decisions were made, but the split focus still seems to gnaw at a sense of unified purpose.

The best internship I've ever had...

Current Intern - Data Analytics Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Data Analytics Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This internship totally exceeded my expectation and made me love this company and the people there...First of all, "you'll learn as much as you can". During the whole program, all they emphasized was "what you can learn from them" rather "what you can do for them". Each of our interns was assigned with a mentor. My mentor gave me a very organized and detailed plan on my day one and frequently checked in to offer help and training. Besides, the company organized weekly intern meetings. For each session, we had different speakers from different dept. to present how that dept. was organized and functioned to contribute the success of the company. Second, "great culture, great people". While you were hard-learning, you enjoyed great fun! "Pulsepoint-sharktank", "intern outing", "weekly free lunch", "happy hour", 'free ice-cream", "office yoga" etc. etc...reflecting one of the company's core values: have fun or go home. Last, you'll work with "smart people". I'm feeling so proud to be part of the "super-smarts" They were great mentors, sharing and responsive. I did feel so lucky to intern at PulsePoint. Highly recommended!

Cons

The company grows really fast so even as an intern, you have to work and study hard to keep your pace with the business and the market. It is not an easy "intern" but you will definitely learn a lot.

Advice to Management

The senior management is doing a great job!

10. Great Internship!

Former Intern - Intern

I worked at PulsePoint as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Had a great time at PulsePoint. Learned more about my career choice as well as the industry. This internship has allowed me to get exposure of life in an office with a team of helpful individuals who guided me through certain tasks that was given to me. There's plenty to do so you are always busy, and during those rare times that no projects are assigned, you can always ask to assist or learn more on what your team is doing and the position they play at PulsePoint.

Cons

Everyday task could become very repetitive at times.

11. Great internship, best part is the people

Former Intern - Intern

I worked at PulsePoint as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to learn a lot about the workings of digital ad industry through the weekly intern meeting and my coworkers were very helpful whenever I had questions. Everyone in the company, even at different offices, are team players so I was able to work with people beyond my department. The people are the best part of the job and I find the company's positive attitude towards creating a fun, cohesive unit very encouraging.

Cons

There were times where I wasn't given an assignment, which became a bit dull but I tried to stay productive by doing research myself. Responsibilities could become repetitive after a while and I felt I was under utilized.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the inclusion of upper management in intern meetings. It's nice to see who is running the company and what they specialize in the company.