PulsePoint Reviews

Sloan Gaon

1. Good company with opportunity to make impact

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PulsePoint is small enough that your contributions can directly impact the company. The opportunity for professional growth seems to have no boundaries. I’m able to expand my knowledge day to day and also through professional training courses paid for by PulsePoint.

Cons

At times you take on huge responsibility and challenging tasks. It's really a pro and a con. If you're looking for a comfortable job with a lot of hand-holding, PulsePoint is not your best fit. If you're passionate about what you do and looking to continuously improve, working at PulsePoint can be extremely rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent. Communication from senior management is extremely helpful in understanding the company's mission and goals.

2. Great company & great place to work!

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time

Pros

- office perks: lots of free food (snacks, cereal, drinks, bi-weekly lunches), games room, company events, annual company-wide retreat, guest speakers from the industry - the company itself is generating revenues AND is profitable (quite rare in the ad tech industry) - great people! everyone is willing to take the time to help you, whether that's learning about something technical in the ad tech space or just general knowledge sharing - transparent & open communication. We have weekly company-wide meetings, the CEO's goals are clear as well as how each team is working to help achieve the company's overall goals. The senior leadership team is also very approachable, friendly, and will make time for you - very nimble and fast-paced environment which lets you grow/develop in ways that would take years elsewhere. Lots of opportunities to learn and be exposed to new/interesting projects - excellent work-life balance! You work the hours needed to get your work done - laid-back culture with a work hard/play hard mindset - pay/overall compensation is good - definitely a "small company, big impact" kind of place (~100 people)

Cons

If the above pros aren't for you (small company, fast-paced, friendly people, open environment), then you won't like it here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing since it's working out very well for the company. Continue to invest in your employees. I'm excited to be part of the PulsePoint team!

3. Great opportunities with a growing company!

Current Employee - Content Team in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Content Team in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time

Pros

Working in the San Francisco office is awesome. The content marketing team is a different department of the business entirely and only handled in SF, so it is very different than the NYC office. Also, it's a smaller group of people so the environment has more of a start-up feel to it. Fun team to work with, everyone is really close like a family, we all look out for one another and work well together. Work life balance is great. Everyone works really hard but rarely does anyone stay late. There is a lot of opportunity for growth in this company, especially on the content side which is steadily growing meaning everyone is growing along with it! The annual retreat is a great perk, since you get a week off and go on a vacation with your colleagues. There are also other little nice perks like getting your birthday off, gifts, snacks, team lunches, etc... Overall, great place to work!

Cons

Communication with the New York office is often frustrating because of the time difference, There are also a lot of video conferencing meetings due to that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on making your employees feel valued.

Great company to work for and growth is really strong

I worked at PulsePoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was working at PulsePoint full-time (More than a 3 years). I left to go travel Recommends * This use to be a sales focused org but is now very much tech focused. If you're a software engineer, you're among the kings of the hill. * The perks are impressive for a small 100 person company. Lots of free food (candy, ice cream, cereal, snacks, sodas. Amazing events and parties throughout the year. * Speaking of which, the company is doing quite well, which reflects in bonuses and equity grants. * There a huge diversity of work and its is getting more and more challenging and thus more exciting. * The company does a good job investing back in its employees and promotes a lot from within * The company is amazingly open: we have weekly meetings with the CEO, everyone's goals are listed on a website and the objectives are very clear. The CEO is also very accessible and friendly with everyone * Good life work balance * Pay is good and bonuses are really good * Company is growing 100% every year and is very profitable

Cons

* Is a small company at 100 people so if you want a large company, this is not for you * They have a couple of different products so if you don't like those products you are SOL

Advice to Management

Keep investing in technology and create cool new products

6. Working for PulsePoint has been an amazing experience, wonderful culture and overall amazing company!

Current Employee - Publisher Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Publisher Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint

Pros

The best reasons to work here are the flexible hours, the amazing people, catered lunch's, and very accessible to work from home!

Cons

Some of the challenges of working here lack of communication within teams and being so far in financial district!!

Advice to Management

So far, working here has been an amazing experience. I have learned a huge amount about the digital industry as well as myself. I think there are some issues that need to be fixed (communication within teams) and some more perks (iced coffee daily) but overall, I am very happy and want to thank you!

Horrible place- finance department!

Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I worked at PulsePoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, literally. Thinking about this company I cannot find anything positive.... Maybe free lunches twice a week and happy hours from time to time.

Cons

Crazy place to work for. Unprofessional senior management. Either you stay quiet and pretend you like everyone and agree with all the lies, or you express your opinion and you get fired. Lots of strange politics. I think all senior management is connected in some way and they have each other's backs no matter what, they are protected- even though they treet their employees like animals. Crazy hours, strange bookkeeping, and total mess on the books. Some individuals on a very high level were promoted for implementing Concur- this is all they can do- as nothing else was fixed during their 2.5 years with the company. Actually everything got even more messed up. If anything gets done it is done by outside accounting consulting firm. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this company, especially working for finance dept.

Advice to Management

Evaluate each other's performance once again, especially finance senior management. More should be improved within past 3 years. Instead everything got more messed up. You do not see it as you do not work in the finance department directly. Why there is no finance presentations on the best meetings? How come each senior manager is able to present except for finance?

Dont do it - Please do not accept their offer - RUN

Current Employee - Observer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Observer in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint

Pros

Free candy, good luck with that especially since we are a country with the most obese people, hahaha. Don't let the free candy and talk of game room fool you, it's nothing exciting.

Cons

The company is going downhill and you don't want to be a part of it. They are firing people everyday for no good reason and people are also resigning everyday. They have like free candy which is what they use to suck you in and once you are there the abuse starts. There is nothing good about this company. They work you like a dog and the SLT team SUCKS.

Advice to Management

The board need to fire the entire SLT team and hire brand new people. They are a bunch of morons and have no leadership skills. Bring in people with common sense and who can run a business. They have been trying to buy their way into being the best place to work and have failed at all their attempts.

In the beginning it was good

I worked at PulsePoint full-time

Pros

Free soda and candy. Biweekly lunches

Cons

No direction and no transparency

10. Respect for employees, opportunities to work at scale. Some fuzzy product direction.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PulsePoint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will get a chance to do things at scale that would take a long time to get to in other companies. It's a place that gives you a lot of freedom to take initiatives. There is also a respect for people's time. You can work late, and often do out of interest, but it's not expected except in extreme cases.

Cons

Many initiatives trumpeted over the years were abandoned once complete. Chasing the next new thing can leave staff a bit cynical about what they are working on now. Hard to connect vision and products. I thing this is about par for ad-tech, however.

Advice to Management

Clearer product focus would increase sense of purpose. Post merger it was understandable, and good decisions were made, but the split focus still seems to gnaw at a sense of unified purpose.

11. Great Company Culture

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time

Pros

The company culture is incredibly fun...sure, we work hard but we have fun doing it. Free snacks all day long, game room, company events, good (not great) pay/salary, open communication...Amazing co-workers that are passionate about their job and the organization. Management encourages growth and development. 20 PTO days to start (and my birthday).

Cons

Nothing so far as I'm fairly new to the organization. Maybe a higher match on the 401K (currently at 3%) but not many of my colleagues in ad tech even have it so I'll take what I can get.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Company has changed even in the short time I've been here. Embrace it.

RSS Feed </> Embed