Pulte Homes Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Pulte Homes President, CEO, and Director Richard J. Dugas Jr.
Richard J. Dugas Jr.

Pros
  • Good salary, benefits and work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Medical, Dental 401k benefits are good (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Due to the economy there is very little opportunity for advancement (in 7 reviews)

• Sometimes difficult to have quality work life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. Good Company

I have been working at Pulte Homes full-time

Pros

They really want what is best and care

Cons

I do not have a con at this time.

2. great pay. Rough hours. Sales

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Pulte Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is great Fun atmosphere

Cons

Hours are rough Work all weekends

3. Nice corporate environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pulte Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very nice to each other and people are smart. The culture has reasonable expectations of work hours. We get bagels and donuts every Friday morning. There is WIFI on the outdoor patios if you want to work outside.

Cons

Open office plan is very noisy and distracting. Traffic to the Buckhead office can be terrible though it is right next to the MARTA station if you can make that work.

Advice to Management

Create more quiet work spaces for people to go to when they need to focus. You talk about humble but the executives have gigantic office spaces that they are never in and you have apple laptops while everyone else has Dell - not good optics.

5. Good Company

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Charleston, SC

I worked at Pulte Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pulte has great benefits and builds a great product in great markets/areas. I learned a lot in my position as a Sales Consultant. I never felt micromanaged and was provided the tools I needed to perform my job including a laptop and cell phone allowance. Also had additional bonus opportunities depending on market conditions. I learned more about real estate than I ever did in general brokerage real estate. It is really rewarding and fun to help customers design their homes. You also get to design inventory homes which I really enjoyed!

Cons

I was in a smaller market in which there was a lot of obvious favoritism from my Sales Manager to the Sales Consultants. This may have changed by now but the on site training wasn't very structured so it took a long time to learn all of the options and floorplans. I understand a sales process is very important but product knowledge is key to being able to accurately assist your customers and avoid mistakes. Also the agent responsible for training me did not/would not train me and tried to me get and every agent they trained prior to me fired. But that is I think the result of being in a smaller market and very case specific - not a reflection on the company itself. But the Sales Manager was aware of the behavior and did nothing about it because this person was a favorite. I think it is a good company but that did leave a bad taste in my mouth unfortunately. Also just part of being in homebuilding but you work every weekend with two days off during the week so the schedule became hard for me to have a social life. Also spent a lot of money on gas because you use your vehicle to show prospects around the community and to check on homes in the neighborhood. If you are in a smaller market and want to grow with the company - it's harder because no one leaves their jobs!

Advice to Management

More accountability if onsite agents are responsible for training new hires. Please take note if any favoritism is happening in your market - and put a stop to it.

6. Great Company

Pros

Salary, benefits, and good work life balance

Cons

There are no cons at this time

7. Sales: Don't bother!

Current Employee - Community Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Community Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Nice offices and talented design team.

Cons

The worst experience in my new home sales career and lowest income ever earned. Poor dictator style leadership with immature middle management, unorganized and dinosaur processes use up valuable sales time. Pulte may be a large builder but they are certainly not interested in doing the right thing for their buyers, vendors or employees.

Advice to Management

Understand and apply the difference between managing and leadership. Involve employees in decisions that affect them like assignment of partners and communities. Get off the reactionary management style and be pro-active. Way to many fires at every turn creates a chaotic work environment. Hire better talent for the zone. Train employees on processes.

Director

Current Employee - Manager - IT in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager - IT in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pulte Homes (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast pace lots of work great people solid direct leadership

Cons

Business seems to keep changing processes to improve overall operations instead of focusing on what's really important ( customers and employees)

9. Overall Review

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Pulte Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working here...Mainly due to the people and culture. Was a great place to work.

Cons

Relocated to Atlanta, GA Employees found out on the news, not from Senior Management.

10. Excellent Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Great team environment and support by employees.

Cons

Had to work every weekend and holidays.

11. Used to be better

Pros

There are some great, tenured employees here who are very dedicated to their work and will help co-workers without hesitation. Casual dress, free Friday breakfast, Summer Fridays, stocked kitchen.

Cons

Though they give the appearance of being open to feedback, management usually has a set agenda. Very reactive instead of proactive culture. Business volume is shrinking and is cause for concern among many employees. Very metrics-driven organization, which can inhibit management from doing an effective job.

Advice to Management

Keep a better pulse on employee sentiment and deal with issues before they snowball. Be careful not to play obvious favorites.

RSS Feed </> Embed