Purafil

Entrepreneurial place to work

Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Purafil full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAbility to envision and execute plans. Good supervisor, company in excellent position to leverage potentially growing market

ConsNot a good pay master, significant gap between senior management benefits and middle management and below. Too revenue focused.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving foresight in stressful periods is way more important that having foresight.

Narrow-minded people lead this company.

I have been working at Purafil

ProsThye line of work allows for job security, since products are needed. Production employees have the opportunity for compressed work week. I really can't think of anything good about the company. The smartest people are in production and engineering, I don't want to say what I think of the rest!

ConsOld school management, pay is below average, many employees are paid hourly, leaving little room for flexibility! You better not own a pet, have children or close family if you work as an hourly-employee, as they will scrutinize your every movements.
The CEO probably got there through nepotism, kissing up to the parent company's senior leaders and being good at networking as his brains and degrees most likely did not get him where he is...
CEO and the senior managers are very short-sided: They are not open to any new ideas or cultures, unless it is an opportunity to bring cash into the company right away! The pay is mediocre too.
The mindset is very old school manufacturing. Senior managers act as if they are ABOVE everyone else and have no mannerism towards lower level employees. Lots of sir, mr. and self titles flying around when they are being addressed. Who does that anymore? Oh, did I mention how old school the management is? Opportunities for growth are available for male employees, better yet, white male employees....

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease create a culture where your employees would wake up excited to come to work. Be more receptive to new business models and treat your employees right, as you would treat yourselves! Be more flexible and allow people to grow based on merit and regardless of their sex or skin color!

Worked for Purafil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Purafil reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Purafil CEO James W. Mash. All reviews posted anonymously by Purafil employees.