Purchasing Power, LLC Reviews

1. Incompentent managers running departments

Former Employee - Risk Management
    Former Employee - Risk Management

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work

Cons

Allowing managers without proper experience to run entire department

Advice to Management

Please research your managers depth in understanding particular departments

Good and Bad

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC

Pros

Friendly work environment for the most part

Cons

Upper management could be incredibly tone-deaf about the most basic needs of the staff.

3. Good place to work!

I have been working at Purchasing Power, LLC

Pros

Good pay, good people, Fun Fridays!

Cons

Poor management systems and the whole company needs to be rebranded.

5. Great company for growth

I have been working at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of growth opportunities for those that perform. Some really good people in senior leadership that provide support for individual development. Fast paced company that is never boring and always offering new challenges. If you're willing to put in the work and not slack off this is a great company for the long haul. It has its challenges like every company does but they aren't anything abnormal that can't be overcome. Company is absolutely headed in the right direction. Benefits and culture are great.

Cons

Some bad hiring decisions have made some work environments more challenging. There are still some people left that need to go because they don't want to be there and make life difficult.

Advice to Management

Provide a way out for those that clearly don't want to perform. Continue to focus on performance and holding employees accountable for their job but support them so that they aren't set up to fail. Continue to seek out new ways for upper management to mentor and develop employees.

6. Great company to work for

Former Employee - Buyer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC

Pros

Growth potential. Great management/culture. Benefits package. Location. Company has seen consistent growth since inception.

Cons

I cannot think of any prevalent cons besides my opinion that they should be more competitive in regard to wages.

This is based on my personal observation while working for this company.

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a great location, work/life is encouraged, nice work space, fun team building activities, talented & optimistic employees.

Cons

Lack of proper communication of role and responsibilties. Unwillingness to accept constructive criticism, feedback, questions and/or concerns. For example, management has a tendency to use the phrase "if you don't like it here, then leave".

Advice to Management

Senior leaders should re-evaluate the qualifications expected of candidates being considered for managerial roles.

Apr 3, 2015Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input and feedback. Although your tenure was brief, it appears that you appreciated some of our efforts to build a team and environment where employees ... More

Worse Decision Ever

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Break room, Smart Co-workers, Nice view

Cons

Well, let's start off by saying...poor leadership, decisions, and synergy. There are many places to poke holes and some places have been poked dry. Leadership is the biggest issue in many departments such as accounting, marketing, and IT (these individuals know how to play political games and somewhat manage but they do not know how to lead). There are individuals who should not be in management without proper the proper training on interaction with others and how to be successful (i.e. no I in team). Too many individuals are focused on getting titles but leaving responsibilities to be shouldered by there team. Oh and the backstabbing, the backstabbing is something on another level... specifically, accounting and marketing. There's Racism, Nepotism, Sexism, I mean you think it -- you see it. I've never worked anywhere like this before. It's a shame there is so much potential but so little effort to go to the next level. The C-suite is completely useless; the analogy would be that they are the Gods and Goddess whom refuse to meddle in mortal affairs.

Advice to Management

Train your managers to be leaders and take responsibility for their actions. Practice what you preach and allow the team to review the managers in an anonymous manner. As far as reviews, allow the individuals to craft their own reviews and then reach out to their managers and HR to review. There have been some spiteful/career-ending comments stated on these things. A manager/leader should not do this. Include a mixture of all levels in decision making...the left eye doesn't know what the right eye does but they seem to coordinate; business components are not eyes --- so you should communicate everything to them in clear sight.

Jun 18, 2015Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your insight and for taking the time to leave feedback about your tenure here at Purchasing Power. We truly appreciate your contributions over your 3 year tenure and will take your ... More

not recomended

Former Employee - Operations in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Operations in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is fun, snacks, lots of great talent

Cons

Managers are not trained, some are allowed to speak to employees with disrespect, c-suite does not listen to employee/manager concerns and makes their own decisions. Employees are overworked, they don't have the proper resources, policies are changed at random and development and procedures are not existent. I am really surprised that they still have their doors open. Its sad the value and tagline is about helping people, depending who you are you can benefit, others not so much.

Advice to Management

Management should recognize that they have some great talent, if you don't regard for efforts, then they are going to leave. Employees point of view can be valid, sometimes its worth vetting out the system before sinking tons of money, rushing it and creating a disaster for the employees to clean up. Don't just have a value statement , operate by it.

Mar 19, 2015Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. As with most startups and endeavors, the road is sometimes rocky but as we enter our 15th year, we have a lot to celebrate. The journey thus ... More

Unfortunately it's not the same company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is growing, so there are lots of opportunities for career advancement, excellent benefits (EPP, free health and dental insurance, 401k w/match, free gym, etc.). The pay is ok but not great.

Cons

The culture has become toxic and good people are leaving left and right. There are a lot of politics and favoritism with little to no transparency on the process. They used to be big on work-life balance but not anymore. They just laid off 7 people so I have no idea what's going on here.

Advice to Management

Despite what you think, management is responsible for boosting employee morale and promoting a healthy office culture. If you treat your employees fairly, they will go above and beyond for you. There also needs to be a strong emphasis on process improvement and quality controls.

Feb 26, 2015Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and perspective regarding your time spent at Purchasing Power. Your contribution and dedication over the years are greatly appreciated. The recent departures have been ... More

Worst Job I Ever Had

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent location in midtown, fairly nice office with a nice break room with some subsidized snacks and food, pool table, etc, moderately good pay.

Cons

Extremely dysfunctional C level management. COO was a bully and completely not qualified to oversee the IT department. An HR group that was completely out of control and over bearing. A ton of churn and turnover. Toxic relationships and workers backstabbing and gossiping. Most of the good people driven out. Very high stress w/in software development. Seriously, the most stressful and worse job I've had in the nearly 25 years I've worked in the corporate world. Leaving was the best thing I ever did. Yes, it was that bad.

Advice to Management

Fire your entire C-level group including the CEO. Bring in a consultant to fix the culture. Bring in a consultant to clean up IT.

Nov 6, 2014Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your brief tenure at Purchasing Power. Without specific insight into the situations referenced above, it is difficult to discern the ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed