Purchasing Power, LLC Reviews

32 reviews filtered by
2.9
Richard Carrano

1. Featured Review

Great place to work truly focused on its customers and keeping their employees happy.

Current Intern - Marketing Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Intern - Marketing Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Purchasing Power, LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Company that is committed to the growth of their employees. I met a recruiter at a networking event through my university and encouraged to apply. The interview process was pretty well.

Cons

Long time to wait between interview and actual on boarding this might have been because the position I was applying for was not high need to fill.

Feb 26, 2015Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and input regarding the interview process. As always, our focus is improving our processes to optimize results for our employees, customers and candidates. As you round ... More

This is based on my personal observation while working for this company.

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a great location, work/life is encouraged, nice work space, fun team building activities, talented & optimistic employees.

Cons

Lack of proper communication of role and responsibilties. Unwillingness to accept constructive criticism, feedback, questions and/or concerns. For example, management has a tendency to use the phrase "if you don't like it here, then leave".

Advice to Management

Senior leaders should re-evaluate the qualifications expected of candidates being considered for managerial roles.

Apr 3, 2015Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input and feedback. Although your tenure was brief, it appears that you appreciated some of our efforts to build a team and environment where employees ... More

not recomended

Former Employee - Operations in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Operations in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is fun, snacks, lots of great talent

Cons

Managers are not trained, some are allowed to speak to employees with disrespect, c-suite does not listen to employee/manager concerns and makes their own decisions. Employees are overworked, they don't have the proper resources, policies are changed at random and development and procedures are not existent. I am really surprised that they still have their doors open. Its sad the value and tagline is about helping people, depending who you are you can benefit, others not so much.

Advice to Management

Management should recognize that they have some great talent, if you don't regard for efforts, then they are going to leave. Employees point of view can be valid, sometimes its worth vetting out the system before sinking tons of money, rushing it and creating a disaster for the employees to clean up. Don't just have a value statement , operate by it.

Mar 19, 2015Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. As with most startups and endeavors, the road is sometimes rocky but as we enter our 15th year, we have a lot to celebrate. The journey thus ... More

Unfortunately it's not the same company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is growing, so there are lots of opportunities for career advancement, excellent benefits (EPP, free health and dental insurance, 401k w/match, free gym, etc.). The pay is ok but not great.

Cons

The culture has become toxic and good people are leaving left and right. There are a lot of politics and favoritism with little to no transparency on the process. They used to be big on work-life balance but not anymore. They just laid off 7 people so I have no idea what's going on here.

Advice to Management

Despite what you think, management is responsible for boosting employee morale and promoting a healthy office culture. If you treat your employees fairly, they will go above and beyond for you. There also needs to be a strong emphasis on process improvement and quality controls.

Feb 26, 2015Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and perspective regarding your time spent at Purchasing Power. Your contribution and dedication over the years are greatly appreciated. The recent departures have been ... More

Worst Job I Ever Had

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent location in midtown, fairly nice office with a nice break room with some subsidized snacks and food, pool table, etc, moderately good pay.

Cons

Extremely dysfunctional C level management. COO was a bully and completely not qualified to oversee the IT department. An HR group that was completely out of control and over bearing. A ton of churn and turnover. Toxic relationships and workers backstabbing and gossiping. Most of the good people driven out. Very high stress w/in software development. Seriously, the most stressful and worse job I've had in the nearly 25 years I've worked in the corporate world. Leaving was the best thing I ever did. Yes, it was that bad.

Advice to Management

Fire your entire C-level group including the CEO. Bring in a consultant to fix the culture. Bring in a consultant to clean up IT.

Nov 6, 2014Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your brief tenure at Purchasing Power. Without specific insight into the situations referenced above, it is difficult to discern the ... More

This company has an amazing culture. Work place conditions are light years ahead of the typical sweat shop environment.

Current Employee - Collector in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Collector in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything about the company screams fun. Everyone is pleasant and very professional. This company makes you feel like you are apart of something big.

Cons

It is still a fairly new company which internal aspects needs tweaking to get it operating to its full potential.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of talent in the company

Aug 4, 2014Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Yes, we have a lot of internal talent; without passionate and enthusiastic employees like yourself, we would not be the company we are today ... More

Not that great

Former Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays well,benefits, and perks. I have to have so many words for this to go through. I have all of the pros. So I am just babbling. This is my last.

Cons

The accounting department is horrible. It's a hostile environment. You have the company perks,but you will not enjoy them if you are in that department. You have been warned.

Advice to Management

Please talk to your managers. They set the tone for your company.

Sep 9, 2014Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and comments regarding your tenure at Purchasing Power. We appreciate your candor and wish you the best in all of your future endeavors.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time

Pros

Purchasing Power has a great culture, which is a great mix of the energy and casual flexibility of the "dot.com" era with the beginning process and maturity that comes with quickly growing into a mid-sized company with mid-size challenges. Great work-life balance and high output from folks who passionately believe in the business. Unique place in that they invented their business model and have continued to tune it over the years. Continues to bring on top tier new talent to get the business to the next stage of growth and maturity.

Cons

On occasion, there is a "fire-drill" mentality where people run around and get things done but done have the time, focus or resources to implement approaches and process to avoid the fire-drill in the first place, thereby improving the overall operations of the business

Advice to Management

Continue to engage with all the employees, especially those that have been part of the business for many years.

May 5, 2014Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your insight and feedback regarding your experience here at Purchasing Power. As you've indicated, sometimes "fire drills" occur but as with any organization in a hypergrowth ... More

10. Growing company with positive outlook

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time

Pros

-Great benefits
    -Great coworkers
    -Meaningful work
    -Nice location

Cons

-Pointless meetings that never get anything done
    -Upper management tends to slow down progress of company

Advice to Management

If you set goals and deadlines, make sure to REACH them. Otherwise, it sends a bad message to your employees in that, your goals are not important

Apr 11, 2014Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments and feedback above. Your perspective is appreciated as we are constantly seeking ways to increase our overall efficacy and productivity within the ... More

11. Worked there as a consultant. I'd consider working there.

Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good perks and benefits by all accounts. Hired some good people lately to go with some good long term contributors. Investing in change and making things better. Wow room is cool! Decent location.

Cons

Has it's challenges and growing pains like everywhere. Some of HR can be a bit overbearing. As evident from a lot of the comments on here, they have in the past hired a lot of the toxic sorts that would take the time to write such negative/spiteful comments but seem to have cleared out some of the poison.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on hiring the right people

Apr 7, 2014Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and perspective regarding your time spent at Purchasing Power. Your contribution and effort in helping us reach our project goals are greatly appreciated. As you point out ... More