Pure Digital Technologies

www.puredigitalinc.com

Pure Digital Technologies Reviews

4.0

Jonathan Kaplan

A dynamic, exciting company that is truly committed to making a positive impact on the world.

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pure Digital Technologies

Pros

It is incredible to be part of such a dynamic and innovative company. The management is open to employee input and each day it feels as though we are reinventing ourselves. Most importantly they are deeply committed to participating in the betterment of the world as a whole. Through the creation of its Flip Video Spotlight program, Pure Digital Technologies has illustrated its deep commitment to social change and participating directly in positive social change. Beyond the values, the work environment is young and exciting, my colleagues are all very intelligent and hard working, and overall it is a fun place to go every day.

Cons

As a start-up environment, it often feels if there is work for twice as many people as we have on staff. Because we run so lean, each employee is required to be agile and wear many hats which can, at times, be challenging. That being said, it also provides employees with an opportunity to rise to the occasion and take on roles that are not outlined in a traditional job description. For those who feel more comfortable with a secure set of responsibilities that they can count on daily, work at Pure Digital Technologies can prove very challenging, but for those who like adventure and trying something new it is an ideal environment.

To best understand our customers, all employees should be regularly using the technology (both hardware and software) so that they can speak directly to the experience of a user. The more we use the technology, the better equipped we will be to serve the needs of our current and future customers. There should be some sort of incentive program to shooting and sharing with the camcorders. Perhaps a contest where the best employee video shot and shared each month is rewarded with a cash bonus or some prize. It would have to be inviting enough to get the majority of the company to participat.

Accidental Empire

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pure Digital Technologies

Pros

Company is doing well. The Flip Video Camera is a hit product. Employees are very nice. Low pressure environment. Great downtown location near Union Square. Management genuinely cares about employees. Upper management created a new market segment for this successful consumer video camera. Possible IPO. Great marketing and sales team.

Cons

Lots of people jockying for position over each other. Huge number of "director level" managers, many of whom have no direct reports. Company has a reputation for giving out titles to people, but not empowering them. Fundamentally, this is a hardware company, so, while software is considered important, it is not as well understood. Many new competitors since the intro of their product. Can senior management produce another hit after this one ?

Marketing counts for a lot, but it isn't everything.