Pure Fishing

Add Photos

John Doerr

Excellent Company!!!

Supply Chain Representative (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsTeam Oriented, excellent CEO, growth in sales and income proven!

ConsConstraints of Jarden Corporate level.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue improving on overall transparency of financial results to next levels of the organization.

A good company to work for overall but there are some cons

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsPure Fishing is part of a larger company called Jarden which offers a lot of benefits such as healthcare, stock purchase plan, discounts on items manufactured by Jarden and other brands geared toward an outdoor lifestyle.

Most of the people you come into contact at the company are very personable and genuine.

ConsThe cons depend on what department you work in. No workplace is perfect but the blame game and getting thrown under the bus happens a lot.

Great people, no incentive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Spirit Lake, IA

ProsI worked with a fantastic group of people that I consider friends. They have great products and people that love and believe in them. Benefits package is above average. Health insurance is good and inexpensive.

ConsNo incentive to give your best. In 9+ years I received no merit raises or promotions despite above average performance. Always seemed to be understaffed in my department. I kept getting more job responsibilities but did not see my pay rate go up in the same manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees for their hard work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

think global act local

Marketing Director (Current Employee)

Prosthe top fishing tackle company in the world, innovative products differentiate the marketing strategy and add to the brand values. good communications throughout the regions.

Constoo many brand to handle, needed to categorize them and to have marketing director for each brand, to create eco products.

Advice to Senior Managementsuggested looking at ways to clarify the strategic intent of Purefishing sustainability activity and better align it with overall corporate strategy.

Good organization, a few rockstar managers / employees, good friendly people (and a couple bad apples)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOverall, a good organization in a good industry. Compensation and work/life acceptable. Nice discount on all Jarden companies. Good friends to work with.

ConsSome knee jerk reactions to quarterly financials. The company merged with Shakespeare 2-3 yrs ago and hasn't stopped tumultuous change since. A couple of strong personalities in senior positions. Some negative favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior managers should look strongly at each other and remove the bad egg(s).

Too many changes

Marketing Director (Former Employee)

ProsCommunity and coworkers support the compnay

ConsNew management doesn't understand the business or support the culture of the company

Advice to Senior ManagementRestore the culture that made Pure Fishing a leadership company

Worked for Pure Fishing? Contribute to the Community!