Pure Romance

Updated February 19, 2015
Updated February 19, 2015
4.4

Chris Cicchinelli

Pros
  • You work when you wish to work, how ever many hours you want to work in a week is up to you (in 4 reviews)

• She has had definitely changed my life forever (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • 400 on a starter kit and I was told that I would make money for every product I sold (in 8 reviews)

• Shipping costs are for the consultants is high and hurts with profits (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Support to Succeed

Current Employee - Advanced Consultantd in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Advanced Consultantd in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Pure Romance part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company offers SO much training and resources that make it easy to learn and succeed. The sisterhood is so supportive and encouraging.

Cons

You are in business for yourself so you have to learn how to get clients and make money. Have to be very organized.

Keep up with the training and learning opportunities!

Great Opportunity

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Dallas, GA
    Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Dallas, GA

I have been working at Pure Romance as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

You decide what your paycheck is! If you need more money, then you book more parties. You make a certain % off of each product sold. I make 50% and just had a $1,600 party! Very flexible hours and very consultant oriented company.

Cons

If you want someone to hand you a paycheck while you sit on your butt and play Facebook games, you need to go on down the road. You make good money but you work for it. Really the only con is if you are too lazy and only want to blame others for your lack of business.

Keep up the good work.

Very Satisfied with my Part-Time Business.

Current Employee - Advanced Consultant in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Advanced Consultant in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Pure Romance part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours. Excellent Commission. Sisterhood is Amazing. FUN shouldn't describe "Work", but it does. This isn't an employer but a Direct Sales business opportunity. It is not a Pyramid Scheme. A pyramid scheme means those at the bottom rungs can never surpass those above them, and that is simply not true. If it was, it wouldn't be legal and a legitimate form of business in the US. Plenty of ladies make more than their sponsors by working hard. I am part-time, with zero girls signed under me and I still feel the fruits of my labor. I am part-time doing only 1-2 parties per month and a few outside sales from time to time. I am happy with a $500-1000 profit each month to pay for my kids' dance class, or help pay off bills. Next year Pure Romance will pay my student loan payments after I finish grad school.

Cons

Finding the right way to get way to get parties on the books, and the push to recruit others. It is a great opportunity for the right person with the drive to succeed and being willing to talk to people, but I am not a recruiting type of person.

Love this company

I have been working at Pure Romance

Pros

Work your business and you make money. Period.

Cons

I can't think of anything I dislike about being a Pure Romance Consultant

AMAZING! Thank you for everything, Pure Romance!!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Upper Marlboro, MD

I have been working at Pure Romance

Pros

There is so much support and spoiling from this company that it is ridiculous! Those who say they don't make money or it's a Pyramid Scheme are the ones who DON'T work for it! I paid almost $400 for my starter kit and let me tell you it was the BEST decision I have ever made! I made double that back with my first party!
       I have a full-time job and I balance Pure Romance with that. Between the FREE product, overrides, and monthly bonuses I am ALWAYS on top! I have AMAZING clients who love our products and our parties.
       Corporate office is more helpful than the admin at my government job... they are AMAZING! If you need something done, it will get done! They always put their consultants and clients first.
       The training is AWESOME, every question you have will be answered on the consultant website or through your upline if you have a great team. Don't have a supportive team, another one will take you in no time flat.
       It is easy to move up in the company, and make more money... if you work for it! It's not just going to fall into your lap.
       Chris is AWESOME! Always wants to know what us consultants want/need and HE LISTENS. I honestly think Chris is better with the consultants than Patty.

Cons

Nada,none, zilch, zero! There are no cons in this company.

Keep doing what you are doing. We appreciate it!

Why I love Pure Romance

Current Employee - Advanced Consultant in Rockmart, GA
    Current Employee - Advanced Consultant in Rockmart, GA

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You are your own boss!!! FREE PRODUCT FOR DOING YOUR JOB!! And a great sisterhood.

Cons

I've been with the company for five yrs and love it!!! IT IS A JOB SO YOU DO HAVE TO WORK AT IT. Only con I have is shipping is high for consultants but hey what shipping is not now days.

Keep up the AWESOME WORK!!! #pureromance #patty #Chris

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Coatesville, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Coatesville, PA

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can work a little, or you can work alit. How much money you make depends on how much you work. This business will not fail you, rather you will fail your business. If you run it like a hobby you will get paid like a hobby. If you run it like a business you will get paid like a business. The corporate office supports it's consultants 100%. The endless training at your fingertips is amazing. 3 new product launches per year help keep your demo and product line fresh. I can offer my clients a chance to purchase tip of the line products that they can't really get an where else.

Cons

If you don't open your mouth an work your business you won't book parties

Keep up the good work! My CEO is hotter that anyone else's CEO. Chris ricks, and Patty is a gem!

It was AMAZING!

Former Employee - Advanced Consultant in Loveland, OH
    Former Employee - Advanced Consultant in Loveland, OH

I worked at Pure Romance

Pros

I enjoyed being able to help educate, entertain, and empower women. The girls nights were so much fun and I made money!

Cons

Some cons were convincing people to buy stuff when the economy was bad.

There was a lot of great growth opportunities.

I LOVE IT

Current Employee - Director/President's Club Member in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Director/President's Club Member in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to meet really awesome women in the business and create life long bonds.
    Awesome products which are improving constantly.
    You make a difference in other women's lives.
    You do win gifts and contests...IF you work your business.

I'm sitting here reading some of the negative reviews and I see a lot of complaining from people who were only in the business for a year...some even less. So If you opened a store and your sales were low the first year, you would just shut down? If that's the case, I wouldn't want to do business with you at all because you gave up too quickly. EVERY business needs time to grow and flourish...even direct sales.

Those who never received a 1099...well the question is: did you ever receive a bonus or an override of $600 or more? From the sound of the complaining, it doesn't seem like it which is why you didn't receive one.

Cons

There are a LOT of rules you have to follow in order to remain an independent contractor within the business but it comes with the territory.

A con I have is not with the company but moreso with the consultants who came in and lasted for a few months and then left and wanted to bash the company because "they didn't get this" or "the company didn''t do that" or "they didn't know this". One MAIN con I have is new comers who don't read their handbook in it's entirety. Also, potential ones who don't ask the sponsor questions before signing on. I'm real with EVERY girl I sign on my team and I tell them there will be times where they don't make ANY money and then there will be times when they make a lot. Every business is trial and error situation where you can take some losses. You choose to get back up and keep going or you walk away if you're not a fighter. I'm 2 years in and already at Director Level, hit the President's Club and earned a Free trip as well as a $1000 cash bonus! A team of 12 ladies under me who are also soaring to the top. I earn 50% off EVERY sale because I stuck at it and didn't give up. So to all of you saying Pyramid scheme or it's not worth it, how much did you REALLY put into your business? How many calls did you make to your sponsor or other team members for help? Did you go out and advertise your business daily...beyond social media? Here's another con: Stop bashing things that didn't work for you because you didn't work for them.

Keep up the GREAT work!

Pure romance by amy

I have been working at Pure Romance

Pros

Everything is on time, great producted

Cons

Nothing , everything is great

Pure Romance Photos