Pure Romance

www.pureromance.com

Pure Romance Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014
Pure Romance – US – “Summer Beauty”

Chris Cicchinelli

Face-paced, hard work, but rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are fantastic, and you can set your own hours. Other reps are very friendly and helpful, like a family.

ConsWork is hard, you only get paid if you work very hard.

If you are married, you should avoid this place.

Consultant (Former Employee) Loveland, OH

ProsMoney good. Don't have to work hard. Great place for single women.

ConsThere is a culture of spousal cheating within the company. It's probably the nature of the industry, but not something I wanted to be a part of as I see too many families being hurt by this behavior. Even had a husband come in one day yelling at everyone for covering up the affair his wife was involved in with one of the outside contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure what to say. I think management is the problem.

You'll make very little for a lot of work after expenses. But you'll have fun!

ProsLot s of fun! They are partnering with some of the best in the sexual health field. Sexologists, therapists, gynecologists, researchers and sex educators. You can learn lots. You can earn a living if you want to do lots of sex parties every week and recruit lots of people. The website is amazing. They put on an awesome convention once a year. If you get an awesome sponsor you could go far.

ConsImmense pressure to recruit. You lose lots in retail in costs and customers who won't buy if you don't give deals. Sometimes do parties and people buy very little. So you make no money. Customers can be jealous when you do a big party. Very difficult to succeed if you have a bad sponsor.Must choose a sponsor carefully as you are stuck with them forever. I was at a loss my first 3 yrs in business, despite doing between 2--12 parties/month. People at the top of the pyramid live high life from your work. New kits to buy every few months. Gets difficult to pull a profit due to business costs. You have to work like a dog to earn a trip. Lots of flakey and backstabbing, win at all costs people succeed. Get sick of the ra ra cheerleading atmosphere.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never had a job as good as this!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThese guys love to work, but love to want to make you work. Lots and lots of perks at their new downtown office that really make you want to go in every day. One heck of a good group of folk all working together to make the company the best it can be - and more besides.

So far I can honestly say that this has been the best place I've ever worked at in my 30+ years of experience.

Very team orientated, and lots of minglinging between teams so you never feel like you're working in a silo. Terrific opportunities to advance and shine. Everyone always says morning to you when they see you.

ConsStill got some growing pains as the business moves from a smaller company to a worldwide leader, but then you'd expect that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing to keep the staff loyal - please don't start to scimp n save because so far PR is the absolute best!

An ok company that could be great

ProsCoworkers are amazing. Everyone works really hard and most days it is a fun upbeat environment. You never really get to fall into a routine and always have the opportunity to work on new and exciting things. Free drinks and awesome coffee machines. Gym and personal trainers on-site make it easy to stay in shape.

ConsBad days here are extremely bad. Lots of yelling, swearing, and truly offensive behavior. If consultants saw and heard the things that went on behind closed doors, most of them would probably quit.

There is no room to grow (unless you start as a receptionist, in which case you will be promoted almost immediately to a mid level position you can never leave). Upper management have no leadership qualities or skills. They provide no direction for their staff and then take it out on them when poorly defined or completely unrealistic expectations are not met. There is no accountability for any executives whatsoever. Some staff are micromanaged to the point where they're terrified to make a decision while others sit at a desk and wonder what they're supposed to be doing.

Everything changes all the time constantly. Are you at the end of a project you've been working really hard on for the last month and feel confident about how things have panned out? That's great because we want you to change absolutely everything... and have it done in 2 days. Why? Because "it sucks" or "that's horrible" or "that's the worst thing I've ever seen". No, I'm not going to provide any sort of constructive criticism whatsoever. Just re-do the entire thing because I've got a title, you don't, and that's what I'm telling you to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up. Treat people with respect. Stop stealing ideas and claiming them as your own. Take responsibility for the decisions you make instead of passing the buck or taking it out on employees who are powerless to change anything. Recognize the accomplishments of your staff and celebrate them. Promote from within. Value contributions to the bottom line over tenure with the company

Greatest place to work in Cincinnati!

G, That Wouldn't Give Me Away! (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsAmazing co-workers. There is an excellent potential for growth both professionally and personally.

ConsSimply put, growing pains. Every great organization gets them as they grow and mature.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue building into the employees, embrace our core values, share our pillars, and lead by example. Fight the urge to fall back to the old way of doing things keep moving forward.

Awesome Company!

Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsAwesome philosophy of empowering, educating, and entertaining women. Excellent products. Fair pricing. Once you have your parties booked, if you give a good demo the product sells itself.

ConsNot one I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

They do NOT back their items up at all!

Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) West Bend, WI

Prosyou get to meet a lot of overly giddy/fake people who only see $$$

Conscrap products, crap customer service. Pyramid scheme for sure! Unless you can con people into paying way too much for less than good items and straight-faced lie to people, this isn't for you. They completely rip you off in shipping and handling. (which you could have to pay for up to 5 times if a customer receives an item that does not work.) If you do have an issue, good luck getting through to anyone. If they don't know how to help you they put you on hold for hours, hang up, or transfer you to a voice mail. And, if they do ever get back to you it usually takes about a week, at that time you will get a general response that could be meant for anything. What a crap system.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on Customer Service, manners, honesty, not trying to rip people off.

Excellent Company, Great support and training, motivated leaders!

Advanced Consultant (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsExcellent, low cost or no cost corporate training. My team had monthly meetings. They offered great sales, provided lots of resources and offered great incentives. In general a great corporation and a great group of ladies! Starter kits have been as low as $80 to get started, place 1 $250 retail order in 60 days to activate, then continue $100 every 60 days to stay active and keep a 40% discount, you pay taxes on product which PR sends to the state on your behalf (so you don't have to) you get reimbursed for your tax and shipping by the customer when they purchase from you! If you are having parties you should be making money! If you aren't having parties you aren't making money and you've wasted your money. So get out there and book parties, treat your hostesses well, and do a great demo! Everything else should fall in to place. You get out of it what you put in to it. Plain and simple!

ConsI can't "do nothing" and still make money. I actually have to work! I'm being sarcastic here. I've read some of these reviews and the negative ones are a joke. There is no w-2 because you are a 1099 contractor not an employee! You have to work to make the real money BUT you don't have to recruit if you don't want to. BUT the reality is the more people you have under you on your team the more added financial benefits you get. BUT you don't have to have a team and you can still make great money without a team.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! Thanks for all you do to support the consultants. We appreciate it!

Bad experience at Corporate level

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Loveland, OH

ProsThe co-workers where amazing, the job pace was wonderful and the majority of Consultants are awesome, hard working ladies.

ConsDealing with Management was always stressful. I had to wait weeks to give a Consultant an answer because Management just won't reply to me. Communication doesn't exists there. Upper management lacks human touch.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to go back in time a few years back, when being there really felt like a family. The growth they have experienced has made them just insensible, and they lost touch with the employees, especially their CEO.

Worked for Pure Romance? Contribute to the Community!