Pure Storage Reviews

Reset
4.4
Pure Storage CEO Scott Dietzen
Scott Dietzen

Pros
  • Great product, leadership and a culture which fosters innovation and embraces creativity (in 5 reviews)

• I considered leaving but realized that I love the company, people and culture too much to leave (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • If you can't adapt quickly to a growing and fast-paced environment, this may not be the best place for you (in 3 reviews)

• The company is growing incredibly quickly, so I don't know everyone on my floor anymore (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, hardworking colleagues that make time to answer questions have helped me grow immensely as a software engineer. An atmosphere of progress instead of blame - the question when things go wrong is "How do we fix it?" rather than "Who did this?". Plenty of interesting projects and room for growth, though I caution anyone unfamiliar with enterprise software: projects take a lot more time when you can't release a hacky version, customer trust is valued incredibly highly here.

Great teams across all functions of the company make me proud to work here - Sales does not lie to customers, Marketing shows honest numbers, and Ops has not faltered one bit in the face of meteoric growth.

Cons

You have to work hard. Work-life balance is hard during crunch times - they don't happen often, but I do wind up sacrificing some of my personal life to get the job done. It's software, nothing new here.

We don't change teams/projects as often as before.

Advice to Management

Watch out that we don't lower the bar in hiring people (though you're already aware of this).

Very Challenging

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pure Storage

Pros

Lots of challenging problems to work on
    My contributions are appreciated
    I love the "No egos" attitude

Cons

Workload is heavy
    So many smart people makes it harder to get recognized

A rocket-ship to the moon!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, fast-paced, working with the best people and the best technology in the industry. If you want somewhere to "rest and vest" it might not be the place for you. If you want to disrupt the storage industry, make good money, and have a lot of fun, jump on the bus!

Cons

Pure consists of a large team of A-players. If you want to "coast" or not work hard, head over to IBM or HP, no place for your at Pure

Advice to Management

Keep cookin' with gas. I've never worked for a more impressive or supportive executive team.

Fun!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time

Pros

Free food and drinks ... hiccup

Cons

Losing foosball to Tony. Let me win sometimes, Tony!

SDR Team Lead

Former Employee - Team Lead Sdr in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Team Lead Sdr in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love breaking into new accounts and creating pipeline and opportunities.

Cons

No negatives to speak of. Everyone is wonderful to work with and they have the motivation and drive to become one amazing company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything top notch like you always do.

Customer first culture makes Pure a winner

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Customer-first focused culture is apparent throughout the organization.
    Uber smart exec team.
    Great vision and product strategy.

Cons

none that i can find.

Amazing place

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time

Pros

I've been in storage for 20 years and have finally found a company that puts customers first. As a rep, you want smart people building what you sell and they're all here. Couldn't ask for more.

Cons

Customers have been lied to for so long, they don't know what to believe. But persistence will pay off.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is a rocket ship on its way to taking over the storage industry. Management team is top notch, and middle managers are wise beyond their years as well. Compensation is very competitive, and benefits are above average

Cons

Fast paced environment. Everyone says this but I've had 3 roles in 3 years at Pure. Downside is lots of transition without framework on how it will be done. Roles are always evolving, and it's difficult to satisfy everyone.

Current role expectations based on last year's success is difficult because at pace we're growing as a company it seems like almost everything seems unattainable at first, but then becomes realistic in hindsight.

Inside Sales Organization seems to have a bit more turnover then one would expect given the success of the sales team as a whole. Good people leaving from Inside and others that are good being let go (at lease appears this way from surface)

Advice to Management

Management is what sets this company apart from others in the space. From Sales to Engineering to Support we really have hired A+ players. Compared to other "unicorns", Pure is very differentiated in my humble opinion based on our management team.

10. Sr. Technical Recruiter

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter - Core Engineering in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture! Laid-back and fun with zero micro-management. I love coming to work everyday and we hire the most brilliant Engineers as well. Company is growing fast, but is not losing the culture that makes this Company great!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of for now...

not the same anymore

I worked at Pure Storage full-time

Pros

Great hype, fast moving product, typical Silicon valley office perks/fun. Lots of cheerleader types tying to keep up the passion.

Cons

Company changed where they stated their values to be and type of environment of company they were trying to build. Became more of a grudge match against one competitor vs. "doing the right thing" which was original core value.
    Holding on to some very non-productive folks while others are let go, with sales leads not either paying enough attention to their team, or blinded by some other reality.
    Completely understand the running fast as a start-up, but doing things half baked at times and blaming it on being a start-up doesn't make you successful.
    Great marketing group, but needs to be more creative at times rather than just latching on to another competitor and trolling trade shows and LinkedIn. Message hasn't changed in a while.

Advice to Management

EMC - get over it. be your own company, don't just hire everyone from there, and then complain about them. Actually start something new.

RSS Feed </> Embed