Pure Storage

Updated February 27, 2015
4.6

Pure Storage CEO Scott Dietzen
Scott Dietzen

Pros
  • Great product, leadership and a culture which fosters innovation and embraces creativity (in 5 reviews)

• I considered leaving but realized that I love the company, people and culture too much to leave (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • If you can't adapt quickly to a growing and fast-paced environment, this may not be the best place for you (in 3 reviews)

• Lots of new faces -I don't know everyone by name anymore (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I've had the pleasure working at Pure Storage for just over 2yrs and it's been nothing short of an humbling experience!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1) Culture: Since day one the culture has set Pure a part from all other companies I considered. There is a true "team mentality" at Pure that resonates with each new hire that comes on board making it contagious throughout each dept
    2) Career growth: When I first started I was promised an opportunity to progress my career. Most companies state this, but to follow through is usually the exception not the rule. Pure has put it's money where it's mouth is and has always put everyone on the team in a position to succeed and have the opportunity to move up the corp ladder
    3) Work Hard Play Hard: Yes it's a grind. Will you get stressed out....absolutely. But what sales job isn't? At Pure we are changing the industry and in order to do that you have to beat "goliath". But when we do succeed we aren't shy about celebrating it. One important note to keep in mind. We treat everyone as they are a part of our own family. The team is a tight knit bunch that is truly competitive, but always willing to help a teammate when in need.
    4) Exposure - At Pure you're just not another #. Your input matters and you can have significant impact paving the way the Inside sales team is structured for years to come

Cons

If you're currently either working or seeking for an inside sales position that is slow paced then I would recommend looking else where. If you are complacent with staying on the inside forever this isn't the place for you either. This is a high paced environment with Top A+ talent. The competition to reach new career aspirations is fierce, but the opportunities are endless.

Continue to build new leadership opportunities for growth through mentor programs, 3rd party training lectures, & leadership programs.

A Life Changing Experience

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I am surrounded by the brightest, most passionate and driven individuals in tech. In addition, my colleagues are willing to work as a team and pay it forward. This has not only sped up my learning curve, but it ultimately allows us to provide best-of-class experiences for customers & partners.

Great benefits. Great culture. Great upward mobility opportunities. Great training.

In terms of leadership, in Coz, Dietzen, Hayes, Hatfield, Burr, Heydenfeldt etc. we trust. These are all PROVEN leaders. They have an uncanny ability to inspire and execute. Net net, Pure Storage has a bright future with these leaders at the helm.

Cons

Having too much fun. Too many snacks to choose from. My wardrobe, home and office are a sea of orange.

Pure Leadership: continue to be guardians of the great culture you have built at Pure Storage.

Amazing Product, Amazing Culture, and Amazing People!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pure Storage is the fastest growing technology company ever! Great culture, management, and product is the pillar of this success. With success, each team member has a unique opportunity to be contributor and to make a difference. Working here at Pure Storage allows you to grow your career if you are willing to put in the work and have a humble attitude to take coaching from team members. There are literately no walls to divide us and best practices is shared among the team. While the work will challenge you and will allow you to hone your skills for future career advancements, everyone in the office likes to have fun as well. The sound of ping pong balls hitting off the paddles or a slap of a Foosball can be heard through out the day. The combination of hard work and fun truly makes Pure Storage a unique organization.

Cons

None... could not have ask for a better organization to be a part of.

Keep Pure Storage Pure! Continue to innovate while keep a customer first as the number one priority. You are doing a amazing job on keeping Pure's culture intact so please continue to do so.

Great Company, the hype is TRUE

Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Pure Storage

Pros

The open environment is great, intelligence and creativity are encouraged. Work Hard. Play Hard. Repeat Process.

Cons

None. I cannot say anything bad, glad I made this move.

Stay true to Pure culture and values no matter what the growth brings.

Great culture, smart people, and awesome product!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pure Storage creates actual things in the world. It's not some social media startup trying to sell advertising to 18-34 year olds. It's the physical storage which powers the cloud, and there's a lot of interesting technical problems to solve. I've worked at many companies in tech and other industries, and I think this is one of the best in terms of people. The environment is flexible, non-hierarchical and biased to action.

Cons

Fast rate of growth has led to new hires needing to be trained and incorporated into the culture.

Keep it up, reward your top performers, keep open the line of communication, and a flat corporate structure.

Awesome Culture, Product, People & Outlook

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage

Pros

- Collaborative culture
    - Great perks and benefits
    - Strong and solid business with high potential for success
    - Strong indicators for a very successful IPO

Cons

- Can't find much there.......really :)

- Keep doing what you are doing
    - Maintain the culture as much as you can even though the growth could change that slightly

I'm in my first week, so far --Great!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, work environment, co-workers, and overall atmosphere

Cons

Haven't ran into them yet.

Keep us happy, a happy company is a successful one

Pure promotes a relaxed yet hard working environment,and focuses on excellence and providing a good customer experience.

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary & benefits, relaxed work environment, skilled coworkers, high job satisfaction.

Cons

Haven't run into many cons yet. Watch your back... there are lots of Nerf darts.

Not what it was 6 months ago

Current Employee - Non-Engineering in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Non-Engineering in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people in the trenches are fantastic. The offices (in Mountain View) are fun. The product is top-notch and the market opportunity is amazing.

Cons

POLITICS. POLITICS. POLITICS. I was happy in my job. If I kept my head down and worked hard, I could make something of myself here, or so I thought. My team is led by a bipolar leader. One day we're doing great and we should "keep it up." The next day feels like we're going bankrupt and it's all hands on deck for a lecture.

Exec team, I know you see these problems. How can you fire some executives but keep awful individual contributors? The firing/hiring seems to be so inconsistent.

I consider myself well connected in the company. It's not surprising to hear so many people across the company (sales, marketing, HR, finance) complaining and sharing that they are actively interviewing. It's bittersweet but I'm actively interviewing and look forward to leaving. I wish it wasn't the case but no one seems to care that the bottom of the org chart is dying under really bad leadership. Case in point, I writing to my exec team on Glassdoor and not an internal survey.

Stringing them along with empty promises, Employee careers and happiness are an afterthought.

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good product, strong public offering in future. Don't expect any equity.

Cons

"Opportunity" is a word tossed around lightly, but not made available to the successful. Pure Storage is the worst place to be as an inside rep. No longer is there a quota bearing role to move up in career and 1 entry field role for which 20 people are fighting. No room to succeed in W2 or career growth.

Follow through with promise of career growth. Rather than dissolving the path and playing favorites, create roles for the hard working or there will be dozens more reviews like this in the near future.