Pure Storage Reviews

Reset
4.5
Pure Storage CEO Scott Dietzen
Scott Dietzen

Pros
  • Great product, leadership and a culture which fosters innovation and embraces creativity (in 5 reviews)

• I considered leaving but realized that I love the company, people and culture too much to leave (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • If you can't adapt quickly to a growing and fast-paced environment, this may not be the best place for you (in 3 reviews)

• The company is growing incredibly quickly, so I don't know everyone on my floor anymore (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, hardworking colleagues that make time to answer questions have helped me grow immensely as a software engineer. An atmosphere of progress instead of blame - the question when things go wrong is "How do we fix it?" rather than "Who did this?". Plenty of interesting projects and room for growth, though I caution anyone unfamiliar with enterprise software: projects take a lot more time when you can't release a hacky version, customer trust is valued incredibly highly here. Great teams across all functions of the company make me proud to work here - Sales does not lie to customers, Marketing shows honest numbers, and Ops has not faltered one bit in the face of meteoric growth.

Cons

You have to work hard. Work-life balance is hard during crunch times - they don't happen often, but I do wind up sacrificing some of my personal life to get the job done. It's software, nothing new here. We don't change teams/projects as often as before.

Advice to Management

Watch out that we don't lower the bar in hiring people (though you're already aware of this).

Full time employee

Current Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work environment and anyone can feel it just by walking in to any Pure office. Great Culture and leadership with a very transparent and open to new ideas. Its cutting edge product and business strategy are revolutionizing the storage market and its landscape.

Cons

As any great company that grows on a fast pace may encounter difficulties to quickly adapt its processes and the culture can also be compromised.

Advice to Management

Keep the open environment and transparency. Keep encoring the company's culture although I think this is a task that every employee must play every day.

3. Work hard and reap the benefits!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company really tries hard to live by its cultural mantras, particularly focusing on teamwork and putting the customer first. I've worked a lot of places where those things were just empty platitudes, but at Pure we really live by them. There's a level of cooperation and motivation that I haven't seen anywhere else. It makes it a very fun place to work. The people here are top notch. A nice mix of seasoned storage veterans and young talent. The people here know how to work as a team and how to behave professionally. I've worked at places with contentious, even hostile, cultures. I haven't seen any of that at Pure. Be prepared to work hard at Pure. You don't forge a disruptive company by being lazy or passive. You will be challenged here. The expectations are set high on individual performance. If you're not keeping up, you'll know it. The good news you will want to work hard for this company. The perqs are similar to other Valley startups: free lunch three times per week, generous drinks and snacks (including a variety of beers and wines), and nice company outings every so often. HQ is on Castro Street in Mountain View, so there are many convenient dining choices as well as access to a variety of shops. Salary and benefits are highly competitive. Pure compensates fairly.

Cons

Once you're here, don't expect to have training wheels on. If you are hired by Pure, you are expected to hit the ground running and contribute ASAP. I guess that's not really a con. More of a buyer beware. You won't like working here if you expect to coast.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparent culture. It's nice to know how we're doing and what the plan is. Transparency makes us feel ownership and trust.

Sales

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transformational Technology. High integrity and honest company. No unhappy customers.

Cons

No negatives. You work hard and get rewarded well. Fast paced.

Excellent Company and Product, Awesome Culture and People

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is awesome. From the top down, this is a people company - they care about their employees. It doesn't hurt that the product is awesome too!

Cons

It is still a startup, so things are still changing and there are some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the culture and people focus, these are the things that lead to the awesome product.

Great company with a few departments bringing down the vision

Former Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Pure Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was there for a few years and loved the energy and passion in the beginning. Company grew tremendously in my time there.

Cons

Department I was in was mismanaged and not aligned with the business and maintaining the spirit of Pure. not equipped to run a critical team

Advice to Management

hire better

Great place to work

Current Employee - California in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - California in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best company I have ever worked for. Very friendly atmosphere and work ethic second to none. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Cons

Very competitive to get in. Large growth in recent years has lead to some snags along the way.

Advice to Management

Look ahead instead of just at the current problems.

So refreshing to part of Pure Storage

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the first time in many years I feel like I am on a team of people who genuine care about getting things done quickly, BUT also the best way it could be done. Deadline are realistic and people are given the chance to build great stuff, instead of just rushing some band aid out the door. Health benefits are very good and Pure provides lunch mon, wed, fri, which is very nice. I love it here.

Cons

No 401k match, no bonus plan, totally banking on options. Probably not a bad thing in the long run as this place is rocking, but it seems to be a trend among silicon valley companies that I am not happy about.

Advice to Management

Keep being honest and open with employees, even about the hard stuff. We will be at your side when we know we can trust you. Keep up the great work, you guys are amazing.

Pure is freaking awesome!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time

Pros

Hands down the best place to work, amazing work environment, awesome perks, they feed us constantly, arcade!

Cons

To much free food, I am getting fat.

Advice to Management

Management rocks, thank you for being so awesome! CEO is a stud, he is so involved with everyone!

Best Culture Around

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Literally the best company Culture of all time. Enjoy coming into work every day. Constantly challenged and pushed to learn and grow quickly. Outlook of the company is amazing. Flash is the future. Ability to learn a wide variety of topics. From SAN, to VMware, to Linux, to scripting, to storage behavior. Solid benefits.

Cons

You have to be willing to be put in tough situations that will challenge you. If you don't want to be challenged or put out of your comfort zone...no bueno. Still a developing company and support. You will likely have situations where you will be the first to encounter the problem. While there is a wide variety of problems you'll encounter, there is not always a path to learn what you need to address those new problems. The company is addressing that, but currently there can be a void.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and honest with employees. Work with them to improve and grow so that they feel better equipped to succeed at work.

RSS Feed </> Embed