Pure Storage

Updated January 29, 2015
4.8

Pure Storage CEO Scott Dietzen
Scott Dietzen

Pros
  • Great product, leadership and a culture which fosters innovation and embraces creativity (in 5 reviews)

• I considered leaving but realized that I love the company, people and culture too much to leave (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • If you can't adapt quickly to a growing and fast-paced environment, this may not be the best place for you (in 3 reviews)

• Lots of new faces -I don't know everyone by name anymore (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great culture, smart people, and awesome product!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pure Storage creates actual things in the world. It's not some social media startup trying to sell advertising to 18-34 year olds. It's the physical storage which powers the cloud, and there's a lot of interesting technical problems to solve. I've worked at many companies in tech and other industries, and I think this is one of the best in terms of people. The environment is flexible, non-hierarchical and biased to action.

Cons

Fast rate of growth has led to new hires needing to be trained and incorporated into the culture.

Keep it up, reward your top performers, keep open the line of communication, and a flat corporate structure.

Awesome Culture, Product, People & Outlook

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage

Pros

- Collaborative culture
    - Great perks and benefits
    - Strong and solid business with high potential for success
    - Strong indicators for a very successful IPO

Cons

- Can't find much there.......really :)

- Keep doing what you are doing
    - Maintain the culture as much as you can even though the growth could change that slightly

I'm in my first week, so far --Great!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, work environment, co-workers, and overall atmosphere

Cons

Haven't ran into them yet.

Keep us happy, a happy company is a successful one

Pure promotes a relaxed yet hard working environment,and focuses on excellence and providing a good customer experience.

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary & benefits, relaxed work environment, skilled coworkers, high job satisfaction.

Cons

Haven't run into many cons yet. Watch your back... there are lots of Nerf darts.

Pure Storage Interview Experience

Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The interview definitely does a good job of filtering out non-technical candidates. The interviewers both clearly had an excellent command of the storage industry as a whole and what separates Pure Storage from the rest of the sector.

Cons

I have no complaints about the interviews themselves, but the time it took to get through the various phases of interview and onboarding process. Timelines, proactive communication and next steps were often lacking.

I will reserve the urge to dispense advice for the simple fact I know Pure Storage is making adjustments to their process.

Pure storage is EMC JR

Current Employee - Rep in Northwest, NC
    Current Employee - Rep in Northwest, NC

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great technology with great engineers. Company started with good intentions but have hired too many emc employees

Cons

Strict management that accepts no losses. No matter if competition undercuts your price by half. Very arrogant company. Not focused on employees or quality of life.

If you don't want to become emc with the attitude that comes with it and the arrogance, The bad treatment of customers, then why are you hiring only emc arrogant aholes.

Amazing

Current Employee - Systems Engineering
    Current Employee - Systems Engineering

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working at Pure has been the best job of my career. It's hard to put my finger on exactly why but I think it boils down to how culturally committed we are at every level to creating a phenomenal customer experience. When we get to see our customers, partners and product succeed, it just makes me feel great about working every day.

Cons

What makes it great also makes it challenging. You have to know you're building something great to be willing to work as hard as we do. Though we're growing fast, it's almost like we can't grow fast enough to keep up with all there is to do. Not sure if I can really call it a con--but you have to be ready to work hard and creatively in a meritocracy of amazing talent who all are 1000% committed.

Great place and great company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I joined fairly early on and I've had many opportunities to be challenged and grow in the last few years. I'm excited to come to work each day knowing that we're building a product that's changing people's lives for the better.

Cons

The company has gotten big enough that I no longer have an opportunity to meet all the new people.

company is losing talent

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good place to work great benefits as they are fully paid for all employees. vacation is cool. good team work and a lab

Cons

their interview decisions are poor they have very bright people come in the door and they 'let them leave. the management should be the ones selecting the employees not the employees. the employees should not be making management decisions.

step in and take control of the interview process, they are letting talent leave because the employee that does the interview is scared that they know more then they do so they don't recommend the hire.

BEST PLACE TO WORK IN SILICON VALLEY

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company is growing rapidly and if you want to work with smart people come work for Pure storage!
    Other things I would say about Pure: Interesting challenges, high levels of transparency and super flat hierarchies. Good perks, great benefits and open culture. Best decision so far to come work for this company

Cons

The food is making me gain weight! just kidding, there's nothing else to complain about Pure

Awesome management team! keep it up