Pure Storage

Amazing

Current Employee - Systems Engineering
    Current Employee - Systems Engineering

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at Pure has been the best job of my career. It's hard to put my finger on exactly why but I think it boils down to how culturally committed we are at every level to creating a phenomenal customer experience. When we get to see our customers, partners and product succeed, it just makes me feel great about working every day.

Cons

What makes it great also makes it challenging. You have to know you're building something great to be willing to work as hard as we do. Though we're growing fast, it's almost like we can't grow fast enough to keep up with all there is to do. Not sure if I can really call it a con--but you have to be ready to work hard and creatively in a meritocracy of amazing talent who all are 1000% committed.

Great place and great company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I joined fairly early on and I've had many opportunities to be challenged and grow in the last few years. I'm excited to come to work each day knowing that we're building a product that's changing people's lives for the better.

Cons

The company has gotten big enough that I no longer have an opportunity to meet all the new people.

BEST PLACE TO WORK IN SILICON VALLEY

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is growing rapidly and if you want to work with smart people come work for Pure storage!
    Other things I would say about Pure: Interesting challenges, high levels of transparency and super flat hierarchies. Good perks, great benefits and open culture. Best decision so far to come work for this company

Cons

The food is making me gain weight! just kidding, there's nothing else to complain about Pure

Awesome management team! keep it up

company is losing talent

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at Pure Storage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good place to work great benefits as they are fully paid for all employees. vacation is cool. good team work and a lab

Cons

their interview decisions are poor they have very bright people come in the door and they 'let them leave. the management should be the ones selecting the employees not the employees. the employees should not be making management decisions.

step in and take control of the interview process, they are letting talent leave because the employee that does the interview is scared that they know more then they do so they don't recommend the hire.

A+ Leadership

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture and the leadership is the BEST I've ever seen. From the top, they emphasize the culture (people get fired for not being a good fit). The ones that don't fit, including executives, get the boot. The ones that do fit, they die to keep them.

I considered leaving but realized that I love the company, people and culture too much to leave. There are a lot of good companies...Pure is GREAT.

Cons

It's getting bigger everyday. When companies get big, growing pains kick in. It'll be a battle to preserve this place but if any leadership can do it, it's this one (esp. Scott Dietzen).

Do EVERYTHING possible to keep this culture intact. As hard as it may be, you need to cut the fat. Keep the ones that are smart and bleed orange.

Amazing rocket ship

I worked at Pure Storage

Pros

I have worked all over this valley and have never encountered a company as amazing as pure storage. They are going to be huge and redefine the storage industry. They have great management, great marketing, great technology, great products.... the whole package!

Cons

You better be really smart and willing to work very hard if you want a job here.

Keep it up!

Great product, great leadership, great culture

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Two years ago, after my startup got sold, I interviewed at 10+ companies trying to find the best combination of company growth, great technology, and really solid people. Pure Storage delivered on all three fronts. My experience has largely been in the consumer side of tech, so I was apprehensive about working at an enterprise storage company. However, I've been consistently impressed by the scope of the problems, the beauty of the algorithms in the core product design, and the general good nature and quality of the people I work with every day.

Special shout out to the CEO, Scott Dietzen. Great mentor, great role model, and one of the main reasons I joined the company.

Cons

Today, Pure Storage has all the challenges of a growing company. For engineers in particular, the onboarding process is still a work in progress. Rapidly improving as we speak, but with a lot more to do.

Pure Storage also subscribes to an Agile development methodology. For me this is a slight negative because I work better in a less structured setting. However, the tracking benefits and steady progress of this methodology cannot be denied, so maybe I will be a convert in the future.

Great Culture, Great Product, No Politics

Current Employee - Sales Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Systems Engineer

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The amazing thing about Pure is that they have core values that employees all up and down the food chain actually embody. These values (in case you were wondering) are Customer First, Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership and Persistence. At any other company, I would consider such a list of values to be corny, empty platitudes, but here at Pure it's real. There's a feeling of openness, honesty and commitment that's refreshing, having come from a large IT company where politics rules the day. And the fact that Pure has the premier product in their space doesn't hurt either...

Cons

Not everyone will thrive here - depends on what you're looking for. The egalitarian, teamwork approach may not work for those who need lots of ego strokes, and the ownership expectation may not work for you if you're looking for a "cushy job." But overall, the compensation, benefits, culture and professionalism are outstanding.

Keep up the good work! Figure out a way to keep the current culture intact as the company grows.

Technical Support Engineer

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Catered lunch, snacks, 100% paid health benefits, good pay, and we have lots of fun.

We sell an amazing product I can be proud to support.

The engineers I work with are the smartest group of people I have ever worked with.

Pure storage is growing like crazy.

The executive staff actually cares about the employee base.

Cons

It is very hard work, and very fast paced.There is a lot of changes, and it was a steep learning curve at first.

Please keep pure awesome!

I absolutely love this company!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pure brings the excitement of a startup with the smarts of a well established company. They are committed to running an open and honest company that stands behind what they say.

Lots of opportunity for advancement and the sky is the limit to what you can do within the company.

Salaries and benefits are competitive with the market.

Cons

At this point I haven't found anything I don't like about the company. Everything is moving very quickly due to the market we are in but I consider that a benefit not a con.

Keep doing what you are doing.