Pure Storage Reviews

Reset
4.5
Pure Storage CEO Scott Dietzen
Scott Dietzen

Pros
  • Great product, leadership and a culture which fosters innovation and embraces creativity (in 5 reviews)

• I considered leaving but realized that I love the company, people and culture too much to leave (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • If you can't adapt quickly to a growing and fast-paced environment, this may not be the best place for you (in 3 reviews)

• The company is growing incredibly quickly, so I don't know everyone on my floor anymore (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, hardworking colleagues that make time to answer questions have helped me grow immensely as a software engineer. An atmosphere of progress instead of blame - the question when things go wrong is "How do we fix it?" rather than "Who did this?". Plenty of interesting projects and room for growth, though I caution anyone unfamiliar with enterprise software: projects take a lot more time when you can't release a hacky version, customer trust is valued incredibly highly here. Great teams across all functions of the company make me proud to work here - Sales does not lie to customers, Marketing shows honest numbers, and Ops has not faltered one bit in the face of meteoric growth.

Cons

You have to work hard. Work-life balance is hard during crunch times - they don't happen often, but I do wind up sacrificing some of my personal life to get the job done. It's software, nothing new here. We don't change teams/projects as often as before.

Advice to Management

Watch out that we don't lower the bar in hiring people (though you're already aware of this).

2. Sales

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transformational Technology. High integrity and honest company. No unhappy customers.

Cons

No negatives. You work hard and get rewarded well. Fast paced.

3. Excellent Company and Product, Awesome Culture and People

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is awesome. From the top down, this is a people company - they care about their employees. It doesn't hurt that the product is awesome too!

Cons

It is still a startup, so things are still changing and there are some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the culture and people focus, these are the things that lead to the awesome product.

Great place to work

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best company I have ever worked for. Very friendly atmosphere and work ethic second to none. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Cons

Very competitive to get in. Large growth in recent years has lead to some snags along the way.

Advice to Management

Look ahead instead of just at the current problems.

6. Best Culture Around

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Literally the best company Culture of all time. Enjoy coming into work every day. Constantly challenged and pushed to learn and grow quickly. Outlook of the company is amazing. Flash is the future. Ability to learn a wide variety of topics. From SAN, to VMware, to Linux, to scripting, to storage behavior. Solid benefits.

Cons

You have to be willing to be put in tough situations that will challenge you. If you don't want to be challenged or put out of your comfort zone...no bueno. Still a developing company and support. You will likely have situations where you will be the first to encounter the problem. While there is a wide variety of problems you'll encounter, there is not always a path to learn what you need to address those new problems. The company is addressing that, but currently there can be a void.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and honest with employees. Work with them to improve and grow so that they feel better equipped to succeed at work.

Great Place!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time

Pros

terrific people, products, vision and culture

Cons

some real perspectives at all levels are getting lost with growth

Advice to Management

don't lose that perspective with all levels as we get bigger

8. So refreshing to part of Pure Storage

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the first time in many years I feel like I am on a team of people who genuine care about getting things done quickly, BUT also the best way it could be done. Deadline are realistic and people are given the chance to build great stuff, instead of just rushing some band aid out the door. Health benefits are very good and Pure provides lunch mon, wed, fri, which is very nice. I love it here.

Cons

No 401k match, no bonus plan, totally banking on options. Probably not a bad thing in the long run as this place is rocking, but it seems to be a trend among silicon valley companies that I am not happy about.

Advice to Management

Keep being honest and open with employees, even about the hard stuff. We will be at your side when we know we can trust you. Keep up the great work, you guys are amazing.

The Pure Storage culture aligns with our products... simply the best!

Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pure has provided a working environment that exudes collaboration. Daily stand ups can be seen throughout the company and organizations. Cross-functional, cross-organizational meetings are the norm. Ego's are checked at the door - REALLY! Employees take ownership as stake holders in a company, product and team that they believe in. Bi-weekly Engineering All-Hands" meetings are open to all employees. Bi-weekly "All Hands" are not staged, they are honest, direct, and transparent. Teams are actively engaged in interview processes to ensure caliber of hires remains stellar, and equally as engaged in candidate experience. Ideas can be brought to fruition very quickly here. Puritans know how to work hard, play hard and have fun.

Cons

Try and try and try as I may... none come to mind.

Advice to Management

Never, ever, ever lose the connection you currently have with employees.

10. Amazing company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage (Less than a year)

Pros

Pure is an incredible place to work. Management firmly believes in an open culture in which everyone is not just encouraged, but pushed to speak their minds and challenge ideas. Employees are trusted to get their work done, so work hours are flexible and we are not micromanaged. The flexible and open management style allows us to feel empowered in doing our best work. Everyone here is a huge advocate for the company because we all believe in the work that we're doing and the product that we sell. Pure is the only place I've ever worked where you can get together with coworkers outside of work and instead of complaining and commiserating about our work, you'll hear everyone start to gush about how much we love our jobs.

Cons

There are giant bowls of jelly beans at every turn. It can be very overwhelming for those of us who are not as strong-willed as we would like to be when it comes to candy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - it's working! Focusing on maintaining our company culture will continue to become more and more important as we grow

11. Amazing leadership

Current Employee - Escalation Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Escalation Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- One of the most visionary and able to execute companies I've ever had the pleasure of working with. - The leadership team is unparalleled in their insight, goals, and desire to do what's right. - Incredibly talented and driven team throughout every business unit.

Cons

- It is growing quickly, and some of the growing pains that come along with that are in play.

RSS Feed </> Embed