Pure Storage Reviews

63 reviews filtered by
4.5
Pure Storage CEO Scott Dietzen
Scott Dietzen

Pros
  • Great product, leadership and a culture which fosters innovation and embraces creativity (in 5 reviews)

• I considered leaving but realized that I love the company, people and culture too much to leave (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • If you can't adapt quickly to a growing and fast-paced environment, this may not be the best place for you (in 3 reviews)

• Lots of new faces -I don't know everyone by name anymore (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, hardworking colleagues that make time to answer questions have helped me grow immensely as a software engineer. An atmosphere of progress instead of blame - the question when things go wrong is "How do we fix it?" rather than "Who did this?". Plenty of interesting projects and room for growth, though I caution anyone unfamiliar with enterprise software: projects take a lot more time when you can't release a hacky version, customer trust is valued incredibly highly here.

Great teams across all functions of the company make me proud to work here - Sales does not lie to customers, Marketing shows honest numbers, and Ops has not faltered one bit in the face of meteoric growth.

Cons

You have to work hard. Work-life balance is hard during crunch times - they don't happen often, but I do wind up sacrificing some of my personal life to get the job done. It's software, nothing new here.

We don't change teams/projects as often as before.

Advice to Management

Watch out that we don't lower the bar in hiring people (though you're already aware of this).

2. Sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is a rocket ship on its way to taking over the storage industry. Management team is top notch, and middle managers are wise beyond their years as well. Compensation is very competitive, and benefits are above average

Cons

Fast paced environment. Everyone says this but I've had 3 roles in 3 years at Pure. Downside is lots of transition without framework on how it will be done. Roles are always evolving, and it's difficult to satisfy everyone.

Current role expectations based on last year's success is difficult because at pace we're growing as a company it seems like almost everything seems unattainable at first, but then becomes realistic in hindsight.

Inside Sales Organization seems to have a bit more turnover then one would expect given the success of the sales team as a whole. Good people leaving from Inside and others that are good being let go (at lease appears this way from surface)

Advice to Management

Management is what sets this company apart from others in the space. From Sales to Engineering to Support we really have hired A+ players. Compared to other "unicorns", Pure is very differentiated in my humble opinion based on our management team.

3. Sr. Technical Recruiter

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter - Core Engineering in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture! Laid-back and fun with zero micro-management. I love coming to work everyday and we hire the most brilliant Engineers as well. Company is growing fast, but is not losing the culture that makes this Company great!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of for now...

5. Good experience.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top engineers around the team. Meaningful code review and goal for making the best.
    Great perks. Catered lunches and dinners are good.
    Competitive compensation and equity.
    Good position in the market.
    Management respect Engineers.

Cons

Can improve the new hire training process.

Advice to Management

keep going forward.

6. Super cool companies do exist

Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility in your role. Good ideas are welcomed. You are expected to produce with little oversight. Coworkers are kinds and go-getters. Benefits are fabulous. Heatlhcare paid for, phone contribution, food is subsidized.

Cons

Not a lot of junior people. Most people hired are experts in what they do so little oversight is needed then. No junior people since no time to train them.

Advice to Management

Keep the great benefits as we grow.

7. Amazing Culture

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best people in the industry in all areas of the company. Pure has created an incredible "get it done" culture where all employees contribute and are encouraged to share, collaborate and celebrate together.

Negativity doesn't exist (yet) and everyone is truly working towards the same goal.

Excellent pay and benefits

Cons

experiencing some growing pains and as such employees need to be able self motivate and take on extra time ensuring others get needed tasks done.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing Pure Team!

BPure!

I've had the pleasure working at Pure Storage for just over 2yrs and it's been nothing short of an humbling experience!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Culture: Since day one the culture has set Pure a part from all other companies I considered. There is a true "team mentality" at Pure that resonates with each new hire that comes on board making it contagious throughout each dept
    2) Career growth: When I first started I was promised an opportunity to progress my career. Most companies state this, but to follow through is usually the exception not the rule. Pure has put it's money where it's mouth is and has always put everyone on the team in a position to succeed and have the opportunity to move up the corp ladder
    3) Work Hard Play Hard: Yes it's a grind. Will you get stressed out....absolutely. But what sales job isn't? At Pure we are changing the industry and in order to do that you have to beat "goliath". But when we do succeed we aren't shy about celebrating it. One important note to keep in mind. We treat everyone as they are a part of our own family. The team is a tight knit bunch that is truly competitive, but always willing to help a teammate when in need.
    4) Exposure - At Pure you're just not another #. Your input matters and you can have significant impact paving the way the Inside sales team is structured for years to come

Cons

If you're currently either working or seeking for an inside sales position that is slow paced then I would recommend looking else where. If you are complacent with staying on the inside forever this isn't the place for you either. This is a high paced environment with Top A+ talent. The competition to reach new career aspirations is fierce, but the opportunities are endless.

Advice to Management

Continue to build new leadership opportunities for growth through mentor programs, 3rd party training lectures, & leadership programs.

Amazing Product, Amazing Culture, and Amazing People!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pure Storage is the fastest growing technology company ever! Great culture, management, and product is the pillar of this success. With success, each team member has a unique opportunity to be contributor and to make a difference. Working here at Pure Storage allows you to grow your career if you are willing to put in the work and have a humble attitude to take coaching from team members. There are literately no walls to divide us and best practices is shared among the team. While the work will challenge you and will allow you to hone your skills for future career advancements, everyone in the office likes to have fun as well. The sound of ping pong balls hitting off the paddles or a slap of a Foosball can be heard through out the day. The combination of hard work and fun truly makes Pure Storage a unique organization.

Cons

None... could not have ask for a better organization to be a part of.

Advice to Management

Keep Pure Storage Pure! Continue to innovate while keep a customer first as the number one priority. You are doing a amazing job on keeping Pure's culture intact so please continue to do so.

10. A Life Changing Experience

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am surrounded by the brightest, most passionate and driven individuals in tech. In addition, my colleagues are willing to work as a team and pay it forward. This has not only sped up my learning curve, but it ultimately allows us to provide best-of-class experiences for customers & partners.

Great benefits. Great culture. Great upward mobility opportunities. Great training.

In terms of leadership, in Coz, Dietzen, Hayes, Hatfield, Burr, Heydenfeldt etc. we trust. These are all PROVEN leaders. They have an uncanny ability to inspire and execute. Net net, Pure Storage has a bright future with these leaders at the helm.

Cons

Having too much fun. Too many snacks to choose from. My wardrobe, home and office are a sea of orange.

Advice to Management

Pure Leadership: continue to be guardians of the great culture you have built at Pure Storage.

11. testing engineer

I have been working at Pure Storage

Pros

the company's culture is very nice.

Cons

you have to work hard