Pure Storage Reviews

Updated July 30, 2014

5.0

Pure Storage CEO Scott Dietzen
Scott Dietzen

I absolutely love this company!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pure brings the excitement of a startup with the smarts of a well established company. They are committed to running an open and honest company that stands behind what they say.

Lots of opportunity for advancement and the sky is the limit to what you can do within the company.

Salaries and benefits are competitive with the market.

Cons

At this point I haven't found anything I don't like about the company. Everything is moving very quickly due to the market we are in but I consider that a benefit not a con.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Excellent Place to Work. Great technology

Current Employee - Presales
    Current Employee - Presales

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun place to work. Great technology. Accountability and transparency from management on down to the individual. Top flight engineering and very seasoned sales and presales leaders. A desire to disrupt and change an industry which is ready for it, this isn't just about the tech. Career growth potential. A fun place to work. Effective and mature management structure.

Cons

Not any that are normal for a fast growing company. Everyone is willing to help.

Internal growth opportunities and more ways to participate in the company when you are not based in California

Openness and Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Open vacation policy (and they mean it.. PTO is fine, they treat you like an adult to police yourself)
    - Great benefits (healthcare premiums paid for), HSA and FSA, cell phone reimbursement, 401k (no matching yet), commuter allowance
    - Excellent culture. No egos, lots of openness in the way management shares information.. truly a culture of trust (again, treat people like adults and give them high expectations and likely they'll meet it... too few companies are like this!)
    - Open pantry, drinks and snacks (Mountain View office at least)
    - Fun people, good energy, highly receptive management (Scott, Coz, etc.) and *no* micro-management!!
    - Positive outlook on the future, with good humor against our competition

Cons

Not unique to Silicon Valley, the office is geared towards a lot of fun distractions - pinball machines, scooters to get around, but that's not unique to the Valley so even distracting, it helps recruit the kids and that's a good thing .. those of us more experienced can just focus differently so I won't even call it a con.

Protect the culture and core values of the company at all costs.. hard times will come along with good times, but it's the hard times that are going to really challenge things and push change.

In general though, I can't offer any great advice because the management team is too awesome... keep doing what you're doing!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best people, management, and technology in the industry!

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great opportunity for the best of the best to be part of the next great storage company. A very supportive team that is interested in the success of everyone. Fast-paced environment, results-driven management philosophy, and the best product I have ever seen.

Cons

No cons. If there was any negative, it would be that it takes the right type of person to thrive here. Internally motivated, resourceful and creative are key.

Keep up the awesomeness! Our customers love us.

Never looked back...

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time for less than a year

Pros

I never thought I would leave my previous employer, the only employer I would consider was Pure - so I felt pretty excited to get a call from them asking me if I would be interested in joining the company. There is so much to do - no day is the same - the variety is amazing and I'm empowered to make decisions that I think is right for the company without wading through countless levels of approval. Oh yes, and this is a company where the sales guys recognise and appreciate that marketing contributes to their success. What more could one ask?

Cons

None really - but if you're strictly a 9-5 sort of person, this is probably not the company for you!

Integrity, transparency, super smart, fun!!!

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Great cross section in demographics, from industry veterans to interns.

Cons

Open office environment, can be dynamic. Bring your noise canceling headphones.

Fun, Rewarding, and Fast-paced

Current Employee - Systems Engineer (Sales)  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer (Sales) in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people and culture are the absolute best that I've been exposed to in my career. The technology delivers an obvious value, and is supported by an organization unlike any I've ever worked for. My first exposure to the company was spending some time with the CEO and he actually offered up some career advice and suggestions for other organizations if I decided that Pure wasn't for me. This is the single most dedicated and honest leadership team in the business today period. To say that they care about their employees is a huge understatement. Companies live and die by leadership alone, regardless of their products, and Pure Storage obviously has the best of both.

Cons

The fast paced business of a small post start-up company is not for everyone. There are some procedural tasks that are in development, so relying on your own creativity to accomplish tasks is sometimes a requirement. Things also change very rapidly, and you could have 10 new neighbors next week. If you do not like meeting new people on a regular basis, this is probably not the place for you. If you are inspired by working very hard and reaping the rewards, you are a perfect fit.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Fantastic opportunity to make a huge difference, both in the industry and personally

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Pure Storage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Industry: Storage is huge and in dire need of improvements. Pure Storage is arguably THE leader in bringing flash memory to the storage industry. The technology is already making a difference in the industry. Product is disruptively fast, easy to use, & cost effective. Marketing is innovative (check out Love Your Storage guarantee & Forever Flash programs... they're simple but unimaginable from the others).

Company: Has a great product. Growing fast. Has a great team (board, management, technical leadership, engineering/sales/operations staff). Innovation isn't only technical, customer satisfaction isn't just marketing.

Values: Tries hard to be strategically smart. Creativity is recognized and appreciated. Fun is recognized as a good thing. Personal growth is desired and allowances are made.

Personal: You can make a difference. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow.

I'm sounding like an ad for the company, but I'd still be there if it weren't for personal issues.

Cons

It's still a startup. Lots of infrastructure needs work.

Growing fast has challenges. The folks you worked with on the last project are unlikely to be the same for the next project. You're going to have to train people.

Projects are dynamically adjusted in priority, features, staffing levels. This requires some mental flexibility and a focus on doing what's necessary vs cool.

Keep sweating the details! The fact that you're trying is worth a lot and is visible to the employees.

Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Sales  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is unparalleled. I come to work every day excited to be there and excited to see what's next in store. Great opportunities for growth, so if that's of high importance to you (and it is for me) there's much to strive for. Hard work does not go unrecognized. Our leadership is top-notch and I strive to work hard for them and the company each and every day.

Cons

If you can't adapt quickly to a growing and fast-paced environment, this may not be the best place for you. Team driven and team oriented results are also a big part of the culture so if you tend to shy away from that this may not be the best fit.

A company that thrives on excellence and continued process of improvement and innovation

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture that encourages creativity, a refreshing approach to provide a ego free environment that is honest and transparent to staff and custoemrs

Cons

None that I have come across

Keep going with the great leadership

Worked for Pure Storage? Contribute to the Community!