Pure Storage

Updated January 26, 2015
4.9

Pure Storage CEO Scott Dietzen
Scott Dietzen

Great culture, smart people, and awesome product!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pure Storage creates actual things in the world. It's not some social media startup trying to sell advertising to 18-34 year olds. It's the physical storage which powers the cloud, and there's a lot of interesting technical problems to solve. I've worked at many companies in tech and other industries, and I think this is one of the best in terms of people. The environment is flexible, non-hierarchical and biased to action.

Cons

Fast rate of growth has led to new hires needing to be trained and incorporated into the culture.

Keep it up, reward your top performers, keep open the line of communication, and a flat corporate structure.

Best company I've ever worked for...

Current Employee - SE Manager
    Current Employee - SE Manager

I have been working at Pure Storage (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone at every level of the company is better than what I've experienced in previous companies : execs, engineering, support, marketing, sales, operations, and even legal! The product is awesome and customers love it

Cons

This is a very high growth company, as a result your job can change every 6 month so if you're looking for stability this is not the right place! Also there's way too many emails...

Keep it up!

Pure promotes a relaxed yet hard working environment,and focuses on excellence and providing a good customer experience.

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary & benefits, relaxed work environment, skilled coworkers, high job satisfaction.

Cons

Haven't run into many cons yet. Watch your back... there are lots of Nerf darts.

Pure Storage Interview Experience

Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The interview definitely does a good job of filtering out non-technical candidates. The interviewers both clearly had an excellent command of the storage industry as a whole and what separates Pure Storage from the rest of the sector.

Cons

I have no complaints about the interviews themselves, but the time it took to get through the various phases of interview and onboarding process. Timelines, proactive communication and next steps were often lacking.

I will reserve the urge to dispense advice for the simple fact I know Pure Storage is making adjustments to their process.

I'm in my first week, so far --Great!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, work environment, co-workers, and overall atmosphere

Cons

Haven't ran into them yet.

Keep us happy, a happy company is a successful one

Awesome Culture, Product, People & Outlook

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage

Pros

- Collaborative culture
    - Great perks and benefits
    - Strong and solid business with high potential for success
    - Strong indicators for a very successful IPO

Cons

- Can't find much there.......really :)

- Keep doing what you are doing
    - Maintain the culture as much as you can even though the growth could change that slightly

Best time of my career

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Love this company. Seeing the company grow and being part of that growth has been amazing.
    The first thing that struck me when I joined was that for a startup, the on-boarding was well thought out. I was up to speed very quickly. The company culture is very strong: We are building a better storage company and everyone has that same goal so collaboration is pervasive. I have yet to come across internal conflict or much internal politics which is so destructive in other companies.
    I love the fact that absolutely everyone (engineering, support, presales, sales, execs) is very capable and strives for excellence at what they do. Be warned that those that aren't are quickly found out and do not last long.
    Rewards are very good and as the company grows, I can see there being many opportunities.

Cons

The only one perhaps is that you have to roll up your sleeves and do things that aren't your role. But that's what's needed at a startup/emerging company. If hard work and a fast-pace do not bring out the best in you then this is not for you.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Amazing

Current Employee - Systems Engineering
    Current Employee - Systems Engineering

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working at Pure has been the best job of my career. It's hard to put my finger on exactly why but I think it boils down to how culturally committed we are at every level to creating a phenomenal customer experience. When we get to see our customers, partners and product succeed, it just makes me feel great about working every day.

Cons

What makes it great also makes it challenging. You have to know you're building something great to be willing to work as hard as we do. Though we're growing fast, it's almost like we can't grow fast enough to keep up with all there is to do. Not sure if I can really call it a con--but you have to be ready to work hard and creatively in a meritocracy of amazing talent who all are 1000% committed.

Great place and great company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I joined fairly early on and I've had many opportunities to be challenged and grow in the last few years. I'm excited to come to work each day knowing that we're building a product that's changing people's lives for the better.

Cons

The company has gotten big enough that I no longer have an opportunity to meet all the new people.

BEST PLACE TO WORK IN SILICON VALLEY

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company is growing rapidly and if you want to work with smart people come work for Pure storage!
    Other things I would say about Pure: Interesting challenges, high levels of transparency and super flat hierarchies. Good perks, great benefits and open culture. Best decision so far to come work for this company

Cons

The food is making me gain weight! just kidding, there's nothing else to complain about Pure

Awesome management team! keep it up