Pure Storage

4.8

Pure Storage CEO Scott Dietzen
Scott Dietzen

Lack of Leadership/Lost of EMEA Culture - It's not the US market

I worked at Pure Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I started at Pure storage in EMEA from the beginning and i must say the leadership and team culture was the one thing that attracted me and kept me at Pure, it was a fun exciting place to be and thoroughly enjoyed my job and working with some of the best people in the storage industry.

Cons

As Pure has grown they have lost their culture and been on such a ramp in terms of hiring along the way they lost one of their most important mantra's " hire the best we can" This unfortunately has translated into a hire and fire policy coupled with unrealistic targets and not giving people a chance to flourish and grow with the company. There are too many people in Pure now that are worrying about their job and their performance to be able to do their job effectively, you have camps in Pure and divisions in EMEA where people can do what they want pretty much.

In my role their are non permanent staff who are not qualified to do the role/not qualified to know what the product is and what is the target market and frankly they don't care due to the pressure they are under to perform and deliver a number by any means.

this showed itself in my last few months at Pure as if it were not for a large deal landing then EMEA would not have grown by 300% but rather seen a dip in traditionally the most successful quarter of the year.

Get the company back to where it was an enjoyable vibrant place to work, also look hard at who you are hiring as in the long run this will not deliver results and people will see that Pure is not the company people think it is.

Great culture, smart people, and awesome product!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pure Storage creates actual things in the world. It's not some social media startup trying to sell advertising to 18-34 year olds. It's the physical storage which powers the cloud, and there's a lot of interesting technical problems to solve. I've worked at many companies in tech and other industries, and I think this is one of the best in terms of people. The environment is flexible, non-hierarchical and biased to action.

Cons

Fast rate of growth has led to new hires needing to be trained and incorporated into the culture.

Keep it up, reward your top performers, keep open the line of communication, and a flat corporate structure.

Best company I've ever worked for...

Current Employee - SE Manager
    Current Employee - SE Manager

I have been working at Pure Storage (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone at every level of the company is better than what I've experienced in previous companies : execs, engineering, support, marketing, sales, operations, and even legal! The product is awesome and customers love it

Cons

This is a very high growth company, as a result your job can change every 6 month so if you're looking for stability this is not the right place! Also there's way too many emails...

Keep it up!

Pure storage is EMC JR

Current Employee - Rep in Northwest, NC
    Current Employee - Rep in Northwest, NC

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great technology with great engineers. Company started with good intentions but have hired too many emc employees

Cons

Strict management that accepts no losses. No matter if competition undercuts your price by half. Very arrogant company. Not focused on employees or quality of life.

If you don't want to become emc with the attitude that comes with it and the arrogance, The bad treatment of customers, then why are you hiring only emc arrogant aholes.

Pure promotes a relaxed yet hard working environment,and focuses on excellence and providing a good customer experience.

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary & benefits, relaxed work environment, skilled coworkers, high job satisfaction.

Cons

Haven't run into many cons yet. Watch your back... there are lots of Nerf darts.

Pure Storage Interview Experience

Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The interview definitely does a good job of filtering out non-technical candidates. The interviewers both clearly had an excellent command of the storage industry as a whole and what separates Pure Storage from the rest of the sector.

Cons

I have no complaints about the interviews themselves, but the time it took to get through the various phases of interview and onboarding process. Timelines, proactive communication and next steps were often lacking.

I will reserve the urge to dispense advice for the simple fact I know Pure Storage is making adjustments to their process.

I'm in my first week, so far --Great!

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, work environment, co-workers, and overall atmosphere

Cons

Haven't ran into them yet.

Keep us happy, a happy company is a successful one

Awesome Culture, Product, People & Outlook

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage

Pros

- Collaborative culture
    - Great perks and benefits
    - Strong and solid business with high potential for success
    - Strong indicators for a very successful IPO

Cons

- Can't find much there.......really :)

- Keep doing what you are doing
    - Maintain the culture as much as you can even though the growth could change that slightly

Best time of my career

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Love this company. Seeing the company grow and being part of that growth has been amazing.
    The first thing that struck me when I joined was that for a startup, the on-boarding was well thought out. I was up to speed very quickly. The company culture is very strong: We are building a better storage company and everyone has that same goal so collaboration is pervasive. I have yet to come across internal conflict or much internal politics which is so destructive in other companies.
    I love the fact that absolutely everyone (engineering, support, presales, sales, execs) is very capable and strives for excellence at what they do. Be warned that those that aren't are quickly found out and do not last long.
    Rewards are very good and as the company grows, I can see there being many opportunities.

Cons

The only one perhaps is that you have to roll up your sleeves and do things that aren't your role. But that's what's needed at a startup/emerging company. If hard work and a fast-pace do not bring out the best in you then this is not for you.

Keep doing what you're doing.

company is losing talent

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at Pure Storage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good place to work great benefits as they are fully paid for all employees. vacation is cool. good team work and a lab

Cons

their interview decisions are poor they have very bright people come in the door and they 'let them leave. the management should be the ones selecting the employees not the employees. the employees should not be making management decisions.

step in and take control of the interview process, they are letting talent leave because the employee that does the interview is scared that they know more then they do so they don't recommend the hire.