PureRed Creative Reviews

Reset
3.2
Rick Davis

1. Account Executive

I have been working at PureRed Creative (More than 3 years)

Pros

New leadership is on board to take the company to the next level

Cons

Company needs to get clients outside of grocery retail

2. The Bad reviews of this place are all correct people!

Current Employee - Designer in Stone Mountain, GA
    Current Employee - Designer in Stone Mountain, GA

I have been working at PureRed Creative

Pros

The drive is against traffic.
    I negotiated a competitive pay rate and they pay it.

Cons

This list is too long so I will just touch on the major things:
    1. Horrible creative structure
    2. Production house not a design house ( You will be asked to do minimal design in between hours of production work)
    3. Company has no value for it's workers
    4. Highest turn over I have ever seen in my life
    5. Suckie clients equalling suckie work
    6. Response to loosing a client equals firing staff (you will very rarely meet anyone that has been here longer than 5 years so any type of plan besides collecting a paycheck is for the foolish)
    7. Employees seem to be afraid to do anything at all. Lots take work home and eat lunch at their desks. Besides that they barely move or talk for 8 hours.
    .....there is much more but in short the whole experience uncovers more and more CONS

Advice to Management

1. Value your creative group
    2. Put money into your hardworking employees
    3. Clean the space and duct work
    4. Open up the creative process if you want to pitch to higher profile clients
    5. Allow creatives to become familiar with your clients rather than firing them and hiring another contractor. You are driving your business and your name amongst creatives into the ground

Can barely keep their head above water

I have been working at PureRed Creative full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good agency atmosphere, great people

Cons

They sell themselves as an agency that can do it all but unfortunately they have very unexperienced people in the drivers seat. Instead of promoting within that hire outside people who are non threatening and know less than they do. Which makes this a titanic waiting for the iceberg to hit. The turnover rate is extremely high, which waves of people leaving at the same time and the next wave looking for their opportunities elsewhere. There is a lot of time spent talking about what is to come but with to many egos to get in the way and nobody really knowing how to get there. They undersell themselves to clients in order to get the account and then work people to death to try and meet the unrealistic expectations they gave the client for little amount of return. With that said there is little to no work life balance and its almost looked down upon to leave before 6pm.

Advice to Management

Dont be afraid to clean house with the people who are driving the departments, especially your key department. Get A team people instead of B & C team players. You need a management staff that has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the working medium, who can really lead the team in an upward direction.

Pure REDiculous

I worked at PureRed Creative

Pros

Experience working with large retail brands and companies. If you are willing to be overwhelmed for a short period of time in order to put a big name company on your resume, then go for it.

Cons

It's been said that when a fish dies it stinks from the head first. PureRED management at top level corporate is just pitiful. The C-level officers and Atlanta management do not have a clue to the actual state of affairs and mismanagement at the remote facilities - particularly in Exton. The company "leadership" loves to boast of integrity and concern for the employee rank and file, but sadly falls short. Facility execs and managers routinely govern using bully tactics instead of practicing the type of leadership they preach. Complacent managers are regularly awol from their posts taking long lunches and early leaves- all the while they are quick to reprimand subordinates who willingly work long late hours for minor mistakes. If you have a desire to be overworked and under appreciated and under compensated then this company is a perfect fit.

Advice to Management

Upper management is complacent and in the tank for each other, so they will not change. RFE investment should wake up and face reality. Clean house across the board of top levels execs - and sell this sinking ship.

Sweat Shop Culture, Unqualified Management, Hypocrisy...

Former Employee - Account Executive in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Exton, PA

I worked at PureRed Creative full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The most valuable thing I learned from working at PureRED was how not to run a company. The only positive remark I can make is that my direct supervisor was supportive and did her best given everything that was thrown on her plate. The pay would have been good if you were only working 40 hours a week, instead of 50-60.

Cons

No work-life balance. Negative energy abounds. Don't even try being a positive, upbeat person...you will get shut down very quickly. There are people in management positions that are completely unqualified, as well as being condescending, hypocritical, and lazy. Upper management definitely had favorites and different rules seemed to apply for them. Not a culture that fostered ANY communication. Employees were never kept in the loop as to what was going on in other facilities or the company. You were just expected to come in, eat lunch at your desk, be completely overworked (extremely skeleton staff), work 10 hours always, and go home. No HR presence. ZERO incentives or perks.

Advice to Management

Start focusing on quality (of work) instead of quantity (number of years) of your employees. Communicate, communicate, communicate. Employees that feel left in the dark end up leaving...people want to feel part of a team, not just another body to fill a cubicle. Also, CEOs should NEVER, under any circumstance, recommend an employee that was fired for fraudulent activity to any other companies, ever. Ethics and culture roll down hill...and that's extremely apparent at PureRED.

Not bad, has its issues, but overall is good.

I have been working at PureRed Creative

Pros

Compensation is good, not great, but good. Reading some of these other reviews on here, people are saying the pay is poor? I'm not sure where you get off complaining if you're making 45k, 65k, 85k and up while living in the South. Seriously, there are companies paying less in NYC or Frisco. Benefits are about 100 per month. 15 days vacation/personal time. Paid cell phone bill, company computer. Work life balance is okay.

I've never met anyone at PureRED who was negative, disrespectful, or indifferent. My coworkers and managers are all nice, intelligent, professional people. The company really tries to help you move up and learn. They listen to complaints and try to address them. They're very open to training.

EXCELLENT exposure to major companies. Even if you are having trouble moving up at PureRED, you're also building some of the best connections you'll ever get.

Cons

The company is very siloed, running like 20 different small businesses rather than one large one. I guess this isn't so bad, but can be frustrating when you don't know what your own peers are doing.

Moving up is near impossible unless you're willing to relocate or you work at the main office, or on the rare chance your boss leaves.

Hard to be seen unless you make yourself seen.

High turnover in some departments.

No tuition reimbursement. Food budget is limited to 35 dollars per day when travelling so you'll hate that if you're a foodie (I'm a foodie). Other travel arrangements are done cheaply, therefore are no fun.

Advice to Management

Keep working towards progress, and maybe invest a little bit more in training and conventions.

8. Great place for a career

Former Employee - Studio Managet in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Studio Managet in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at PureRed Creative full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company and leadership. Expect to work hard. Company cares about the people.

Cons

Sales is a weak point.

Advice to Management

Look for other ways to grow business besides trying to land the big fish. Small accounts can make money and they are more predictable and less destructive.

Does not compensate well.

I worked at PureRed Creative

Pros

Uses current technology, all computers are Macs.

Cons

No work life balance. Horrible compensation. Does not encourage or support advancement.

Developers beware

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at PureRed Creative full-time

Pros

Nice work area. Flex Hours.

Cons

Bad management, and legacy systems that require constant maintenance. If you are a developer and you like a lot of maintenance work then this is for you. The turnaround in the development department is really high. No developer who was here last year is still with the company they all left bc of management.

11. Great Company to be apart of!

I worked at PureRed Creative full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Leadership from the top down with good values & a hard working company. There is a team first mentality and I always felt the company cared about myself and their employees. I had many great opportunities and feel very fortunate with my tenure at PureRED. Very positive, get the job done, customer comes first attitude by all employees I worked with.
    The opportunities I got to climb the proverbial corporate ladder in my 4+ years with the company was awesome though I did not just sit around and wait for these opportunities. Hard & smart work does not go unnoticed. I always felt my opinions were heard and felt the respect of most everyone from the top of management down.
    PureRED works for some of the nations largest retailers and has their fingers in most every aspect of marketing from photography/video, packaging design, production to strong digital interactive group etc etc. This is not a place competing with the trendy national ad agencies though they are just a tier away.

Cons

Hard to find too many cons as I had a great experience while with PureRED. An easy target for criticism would have to be with marketing and regional sales. By being a fast growing company and able to do so many things well, I felt it has been difficult to clearly define who we were to the people who did not know us.

Advice to Management

Continue the attitude that everyone in the company is an important piece. Continue to be bold with forward thinking. Understand the niche in the market where you are and continue hiring quality, talented & creative personnel that fit your growth model.

RSS Feed </> Embed