PureSense Environmental

Add Photos

David Termondt

Great Company

OUTSIDE SALES (Former Employee) Watsonville, CA

ProsThey have a great product

ConsFarmers need to be better educated

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more devoted sales staff

No Growth

Management (Current Employee)

ProsThe employees on the ground are as good as they get.

ConsManagement is horrific as it has been since the beginning.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess talk and more action

Fantastic environment with really talented folks.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsThe product/service line is a really interesting place to be - an intersection of agriculture, sustainability, and cutting-edge technology. Since the management change last year, the environment at the company is 1000% better.

ConsDoing well enough, but still catching up a bit on the cross-team communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in some cheap, simple, company-wide communication infrastructure. And get us out of that lease in Oakland!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome company with talented, fun and dedicated people

ProsIt is easy to stay motivated working at PureSense because of the incredible sense of camaraderie and having an opportunity to learn something new and interesting every day. Contributing in a meaningful way to the ag industry (by helping to better manage inputs on the farm), while having fun - it is hard to beat. It is refreshing to have a tremendous flexibility in how the work gets done (no micro-management). The management team is not only open to flexible work schedule arrangements on paper, but also in practice. After the significant management changes in 2012, I feel I am working at a place, where people are treated fairly and with respect and where people are focused on getting things done.

ConsNo serious cons at the moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of legacy issues to work out ... the management team is on track in resolving those issues by adopting a detail oriented and systematic approach.

The best job I've ever had working with people that I think of as friends.

ProsThe PureSense application saves water and energy while increasing crop yields. The employees all work equally hard to accomplish this. PureSense was the first company to use remote sensor technology to aid the farmer in watching his crops.

ConsSometimes; long, long days, otherwise, no Cons, I'm a happy camper. My only complaint in the past was the lack of good benefits. This was remedied in the past few months and the company is moving forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Growing confidence

ProsThe company - Innovative, environment friendly, great benefits, & flexible working hours. The employees - Professional, friendly and hardworking. The leadership - Awesome!

ConsIf we learn, adapt and grow from our failures, why call them a failure? The leaders have changed, the vision has changed and I believe that It is all for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that small daily improvements over time create stunning results. And, I think that you are doing that, so stay the path.

Great place, meaningful work and a tremendous turnaround

Operations (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsCompany helps our farmers and does so by saving water, fertilizer costs and energy. Does it in a way that is sustainable. Well aligned team

ConsThere are a lot of legacy issues from prior management. Promises made and issues created. All need to be worked through and the team is doing it

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the pace of the change, the communication going and the new products coming

Very talented employees that suffer from poor leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsManage your own schedule. Very disciplined employees. Outstanding office staff and support from fellow employees. Decent pay for the work performed.

ConsLack of management understanding the agriculture industry. Lack of stability and direction by management (no clear path). Company is run in a funding manner rather than focusing on profitability.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees of the company and their feedback. Listen to customers as to what they desire and provide to them rather than telling the customers what they need.

bad decisions at the top ran this company into the ground

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshardworking, intelligent people at the lower to middle management levels
    good core product

Consworried about making the business model sustainable too late
    product development too distracted on too many different directions for too long

Advice to Senior Managementthe egos and ineptitude are gone with the recent layoffs in upper management, but is it too late?

It could be a good business if the leadership was better.

ProsAs with any small company, there's a lot of variety in the work - you get to wear many hats. Lots of nice people at this place, better folks than you would expect in such a poisonous environment.

ConsThe founders, investors, and top executives don't get along well. This has created something of a revolving door for senior staff. The company has churned through a lot of good talent in the past couple of years - just search LinedIn for PureSense to find numerous examples. When the top management are not at each others' throats, I get the impression they are going home at night to read the latest business management books and coming back in the morning ready to implement the latest trends. In other words, management seems more informed by trendy advice than by solid experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake better plans and budgets or hire some people who know how to do that. Understand what your real Intellectual Property is. Come clean to your founders and staff about how much equity they really own. It's the right thing to do, even if it hurts. Manage the company to make money rather than build egos.

Worked for PureSense Environmental? Contribute to the Community!