PureSense Environmental

David Termondt

Great Company

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Watsonville, CA
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Watsonville, CA

I worked at PureSense Environmental full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have a great product

Cons

Farmers need to be better educated

Add more devoted sales staff

Great technology, great people, bad management history

I worked at PureSense Environmental

Pros

Fantastic people in the trenches - both in the field and building the technology. Leadership got much better, but it's difficult to overcome many years of bad management.

Cons

Like at any small company, you manage your own career growth through what you learn and the skills you pick up on the job. You have to roll your sleeves up and decide to tackle some tough problems.

Sell.

No Growth

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at PureSense Environmental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees on the ground are as good as they get.

Cons

Management is horrific as it has been since the beginning.

Less talk and more action

Fantastic environment with really talented folks.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at PureSense Environmental full-time

Pros

The product/service line is a really interesting place to be - an intersection of agriculture, sustainability, and cutting-edge technology. Since the management change last year, the environment at the company is 1000% better.

Cons

Doing well enough, but still catching up a bit on the cross-team communication.

Invest in some cheap, simple, company-wide communication infrastructure. And get us out of that lease in Oakland!!!

Awesome company with talented, fun and dedicated people

I have been working at PureSense Environmental part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is easy to stay motivated working at PureSense because of the incredible sense of camaraderie and having an opportunity to learn something new and interesting every day. Contributing in a meaningful way to the ag industry (by helping to better manage inputs on the farm), while having fun - it is hard to beat. It is refreshing to have a tremendous flexibility in how the work gets done (no micro-management). The management team is not only open to flexible work schedule arrangements on paper, but also in practice. After the significant management changes in 2012, I feel I am working at a place, where people are treated fairly and with respect and where people are focused on getting things done.

Cons

No serious cons at the moment.

A lot of legacy issues to work out ... the management team is on track in resolving those issues by adopting a detail oriented and systematic approach.

The best job I've ever had working with people that I think of as friends.

I have been working at PureSense Environmental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The PureSense application saves water and energy while increasing crop yields. The employees all work equally hard to accomplish this. PureSense was the first company to use remote sensor technology to aid the farmer in watching his crops.

Cons

Sometimes; long, long days, otherwise, no Cons, I'm a happy camper. My only complaint in the past was the lack of good benefits. This was remedied in the past few months and the company is moving forward.

Keep up the good work.

Growing confidence

I have been working at PureSense Environmental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company - Innovative, environment friendly, great benefits, & flexible working hours. The employees - Professional, friendly and hardworking. The leadership - Awesome!

Cons

If we learn, adapt and grow from our failures, why call them a failure? The leaders have changed, the vision has changed and I believe that It is all for the better.

I think that small daily improvements over time create stunning results. And, I think that you are doing that, so stay the path.

Great place, meaningful work and a tremendous turnaround

Current Employee - Operations in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Oakland, CA

I have been working at PureSense Environmental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company helps our farmers and does so by saving water, fertilizer costs and energy. Does it in a way that is sustainable. Well aligned team

Cons

There are a lot of legacy issues from prior management. Promises made and issues created. All need to be worked through and the team is doing it

Keep the pace of the change, the communication going and the new products coming

Very talented employees that suffer from poor leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I have been working at PureSense Environmental

Pros

Manage your own schedule. Very disciplined employees. Outstanding office staff and support from fellow employees. Decent pay for the work performed.

Cons

Lack of management understanding the agriculture industry. Lack of stability and direction by management (no clear path). Company is run in a funding manner rather than focusing on profitability.

Listen to the employees of the company and their feedback. Listen to customers as to what they desire and provide to them rather than telling the customers what they need.

bad decisions at the top ran this company into the ground

I worked at PureSense Environmental full-time (more than an year)

Pros

hardworking, intelligent people at the lower to middle management levels
    good core product

Cons

worried about making the business model sustainable too late
    product development too distracted on too many different directions for too long

the egos and ineptitude are gone with the recent layoffs in upper management, but is it too late?