Pursuant

Updated Feb 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Trent Ricker

A great company to work for

Senior Vice President Operations (Former Employee)

I worked at Pursuant full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood leadership and forward thinking. They are a very aware of it's employees and how they add value to the overall efforts of the complete company.

ConsSmall company with lots of Upper management control. Never know for were you stand as they add new best person.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more time in hiring your new employees.

Project Coordinator

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Pursuant as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat fun place to work

ConsThere are no cons. However its chaotic

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Great company who values their employees and is committed to pursuing excellence in the non-profit sector

I have been working at Pursuant full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI've been very pleased with the company as well as the leadership. While it's true there were many changes in 2013, I firmly believe great progress has been made this past year and see no reason why we won't continue to excel in 2014. I have found Senior Leadership to be transparent, as well as open to suggestions or feedback.

Working in the non-profit sector is extremely fulfilling; knowing you are having an impact on others outside of your sphere.

Each year, they encourage us to become involved in non-profit work either in our own communities, or around the world. Each employee has 16 hours a year of philanthropic time to use wherever we choose for just that purpose.

We are committed to becoming the best at what we do, and I do believe we can achieve that goal!

ConsI honestly have no complaints with Pursuant. No matter where one is employed, there will always be something to criticize. My experience with the company has always been very positive.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to pursue excellence!

Work as Mission

I have been working at Pursuant full-time

ProsThankful to be a part of a workplace who's work is meaningful and makes the world a better place. When serving nonprofits, Pursuant doesn't accept status quo. It encourages an environment of unconventional thinking to try new things.

ConsSystem integration after the acquisitions was tough. There was a big false start a couple years ago, but big big strides have been made the past year.

Mission-driven company with passionate employees that care about their clients and the company

I have been working at Pursuant full-time

ProsPeople are great. Passionate, committed, driven, client-focused. Clients are also wonderful. Very fulfilling to work for causes that make a difference. Management cares and is very open.

ConsIntegrating and figuring out the right processes and roles can take a toll. Company grew through acquisition and there has been some culture clash.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening, stay strong. Focus on the clients and the employees continue to improve.

Great people & fulfilling work but a work environment will burn out employees fast

Client Services (Former Employee)

I worked at Pursuant

ProsThe people and the clients are the primary reason that most people stay at Pursuant (according to multiple surveys). The work done with non-profit clients tend to attract like-minded people who enjoy what they do. The opportunity to get to do innovative work with great organizations was the reason I went in to work each day.

Pursuant also offered a great deal of freedom and opportunity for upward growth for those individuals that were willing to put in the hours and do good work.

ConsOver 45% attrition in 2013 points to a very difficult environment to work in. Any agency environment will be stressful to work in but Pursuant took this to a new level. Lack of process, clunky systems, and being stretched too thin all made for a difficult environment.

As a member of client services, the amount of emphasis and pressure placed on account owners is unreasonable. It might have been easier to handle if the compensation matched the 60+ hour work weeks required to do the job. As it stands, the only motivation to do well with clients was the threat of demotion/firing. Raising were few and far between and bonuses are non-existent despite multiple promises to the contrary.

Advice to Senior Management"People are easy to replace" and "if you aren't with us, don't come back" are two things I've heard in all company meetings. Loyalty is something that is earned over time, not that is demanded. It is true that anyone is replaceable but no one wants to be treated that way.

Show the employees that you value them but spending more time with them. Walk around the office occasionally and take the time to learn what people do. That connection goes a long way to improving the employee experience.

Fulfilling place to work

I have been working at Pursuant full-time

ProsHardworking dedicated employees, good atmosphere in the office, fulfilling to help our Client's accomplish their mission, office is in a great location

Conslots of change - just need to embrace it
communication is getting better but still needs help

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the momentum moving upward !

Excellent Company

Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pursuant full-time

ProsCreative and challenging work. Amazing people.

ConsPing-Pong Table moved to storage

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Grateful to be a change agent

I have been working at Pursuant full-time

ProsSome of the smartest people I've ever worked with and for. The staff approaches their work and serving our clients with the heart.

Leadership is focused on adding true value to this ever important industry - and while change is not easy, it's exciting to be an agent of meaningful change!

ConsChange is not for the faint of hart, and philanthropy is not an industry for those who are driven by money.

For those considering joining this team, make sure you have an entrepreneurial spirit and that you're interested in driving toward a long-term goal, not looking for a short term salary or title bump.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course.

Meaningful Work and Great People

I have been working at Pursuant full-time

ProsThe people here are the company's biggest asset. There are some of the brightest minds in the nonprofit industry. Most people are servants and are a joy to work with.

ConsThe biggest challenges have been a result of many acquisitions. There were cultural and systems issues that were challenges. It seems that much of that has been resolved.

Advice to Senior ManagementServe serve serve.

Worked for Pursuant? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pursuant reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pursuant CEO Trent Ricker. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Pursuant employees.