Pursuant Reviews

4.1

Trent Ricker

Great Staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pursuant full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great company to work for because everybody on the staff believes in what they do and get along great with each other. Great work-life balance, flexible work schedules, work from home, and phenomenal management.

Cons

Haven't fully bought into new trends in the industry and are more late bloomers than the innovators they aspire to be.

Pay more attention to Search Engine and Social Media marketing.

Vice President

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pursuant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pursuant acquired 3 companies and grew 10x in a very short period. Acquisition is easy - Integration is hard. For the last 36 months they have been in a incubation period flushing out many aspects of these massive moves. At this point the level of interest in working with Pursuant has never been higher and it is on the pinnacle of a massive explosion.

Cons

Integration of 3 different cultures, systems, clients has been hard.

Stay focused on the goal - Creating something new always takes longer than you think.

Fullfillment / Director of Sales Support

I worked at Pursuant

Pros

Great culture, strong competent leadership. I valued my time at this company very much. I learned valuable skills in fundraising that I have applied in subsequent jobs and even in my current for-profit business.

Cons

During my tenure, the company grew very fast and had many growing pains.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Vice President Operations  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President Operations in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pursuant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good leadership and forward thinking. They are a very aware of it's employees and how they add value to the overall efforts of the complete company.

Cons

Small company with lots of Upper management control. Never know for were you stand as they add new best person.

Take more time in hiring your new employees.

Project Coordinator

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pursuant as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great fun place to work

Cons

There are no cons. However its chaotic

Keep it up

Great company who values their employees and is committed to pursuing excellence in the non-profit sector

I have been working at Pursuant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been very pleased with the company as well as the leadership. While it's true there were many changes in 2013, I firmly believe great progress has been made this past year and see no reason why we won't continue to excel in 2014. I have found Senior Leadership to be transparent, as well as open to suggestions or feedback.

Working in the non-profit sector is extremely fulfilling; knowing you are having an impact on others outside of your sphere.

Each year, they encourage us to become involved in non-profit work either in our own communities, or around the world. Each employee has 16 hours a year of philanthropic time to use wherever we choose for just that purpose.

We are committed to becoming the best at what we do, and I do believe we can achieve that goal!

Cons

I honestly have no complaints with Pursuant. No matter where one is employed, there will always be something to criticize. My experience with the company has always been very positive.

Continue to pursue excellence!

Work as Mission

I have been working at Pursuant full-time

Pros

Thankful to be a part of a workplace who's work is meaningful and makes the world a better place. When serving nonprofits, Pursuant doesn't accept status quo. It encourages an environment of unconventional thinking to try new things.

Cons

System integration after the acquisitions was tough. There was a big false start a couple years ago, but big big strides have been made the past year.

Mission-driven company with passionate employees that care about their clients and the company

I have been working at Pursuant full-time

Pros

People are great. Passionate, committed, driven, client-focused. Clients are also wonderful. Very fulfilling to work for causes that make a difference. Management cares and is very open.

Cons

Integrating and figuring out the right processes and roles can take a toll. Company grew through acquisition and there has been some culture clash.

Keep listening, stay strong. Focus on the clients and the employees continue to improve.

Fulfilling place to work

I have been working at Pursuant full-time

Pros

Hardworking dedicated employees, good atmosphere in the office, fulfilling to help our Client's accomplish their mission, office is in a great location

Cons

lots of change - just need to embrace it
    communication is getting better but still needs help

Keep the momentum moving upward !

Great people & fulfilling work but a work environment will burn out employees fast

Former Employee - Client Services
    Former Employee - Client Services

I worked at Pursuant

Pros

The people and the clients are the primary reason that most people stay at Pursuant (according to multiple surveys). The work done with non-profit clients tend to attract like-minded people who enjoy what they do. The opportunity to get to do innovative work with great organizations was the reason I went in to work each day.

Pursuant also offered a great deal of freedom and opportunity for upward growth for those individuals that were willing to put in the hours and do good work.

Cons

Over 45% attrition in 2013 points to a very difficult environment to work in. Any agency environment will be stressful to work in but Pursuant took this to a new level. Lack of process, clunky systems, and being stretched too thin all made for a difficult environment.

As a member of client services, the amount of emphasis and pressure placed on account owners is unreasonable. It might have been easier to handle if the compensation matched the 60+ hour work weeks required to do the job. As it stands, the only motivation to do well with clients was the threat of demotion/firing. Raising were few and far between and bonuses are non-existent despite multiple promises to the contrary.

"People are easy to replace" and "if you aren't with us, don't come back" are two things I've heard in all company meetings. Loyalty is something that is earned over time, not that is demanded. It is true that anyone is replaceable but no one wants to be treated that way.

Show the employees that you value them but spending more time with them. Walk around the office occasionally and take the time to learn what people do. That connection goes a long way to improving the employee experience.

Worked for Pursuant? Contribute to the Community!