Push Models Reviews

3.3
Jonathan Sacks

1. Fast Growing Company - Very Rewarding Work

Current Employee - Booking Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Push Models full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working with so many high profile clients. Seems like any major brand ends up working with PUSH for event staffing simply because they have the largest database of talent in the USA by FAR.

Cons

Hours and work can get challenging, you're ultimately responsible for the success or failure of events and if you don't stay on top of it things can fall apart.

Advice to Management

Love the new leadership in place - would enjoy more team building and off site activities to get to know everyone better.

2. Seems like a good first job, but somewhat of a step down if you have your degree or good work experience

I worked at Push Models full-time

Pros

Young, fun atmosphere in the heart of Tempe.

Cons

You’re on call 24/7, overworked and underpaid

Advice to Management

The turnover rate was pretty bad when I was there and could be a little discouraging. Also, the pay is not great or worth the work and stress that’s put into this job. Agency life just isn’t for everyone.

3. This Company Does Not Care About Its Employees

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Miami, FL

I have been working at Push Models

Pros

Being a brand ambassador is unbelievably fun and can provide opportunities that one would not otherwise have access to.

Cons

-I did not receive pay for an event I work for more than 6 months. I kept an open line of communication and followed up often, and was told each time I followed up that they were still awaiting pay from the vendor. At one point I was told that they became involved legally due to the lack of payment by the vendor. Finally received pay this January for the event that occurred early last summer.

-Brand ambassadors rely on their ratings and experience to receive new opportunities (where they receive a rating of 1 to 5 stars). I was scheduled to work an event early this year, and had an unexpected death in my family necessitating leaving the state to return to family in my home state. I notified the agency immediately when I found out. Instead of understanding/compassion, I was met with disdain. I was threatened and then a week later, when I logged into my account to begin accepting events again, I noticed that my rating had dropped significantly. Because of this, I have not gotten a single assignment since. I wonder how they would feel if they lost someone they loved and then as a result, the job they loved. I find it extremely disturbing.

-Some of the brand ambassadors are genuinely nice people, but the vast majority are rude and attract "drama" which is rather unpleasant to work with.

Advice to Management

Consider hiring nicer, more compassionate people.

5. Paychecks MIA

Current Contractor - Brand Ambassador in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Brand Ambassador in Austin, TX

I have been working at Push Models as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity nationwide

Cons

I worked an event well over two months ago and am yet to be paid.

Advice to Management

Adhere to a biweekly or monthly -SOMETHING- sort of pay period

6. Thankful to be here

Current Employee - Booking Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Push Models full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot that I like about this company but to sum it up I would have to say… The people, fun culture, recognition for hard work and kind management.. I do feel that I am part of a family and not just another number… also love the free snacks :) I was recently nominated as the “PUSH ROCKSTAR” of the month and that was very cool. I have worked at a lot of places before and PUSH is my favorite!

Cons

We work a lot as a booking manager! Lots of responsibility riding on your shoulders… Often you have to take your work home with you… Company covers your cell phone. Got to be a type A person. No sleep for the wicked :)

Advice to Management

Lots of young people, could be time for some gray hairs :)

7. I LOVE MY JOB

Current Employee - Booking Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Push Models full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the fun and laid back culture. The people who work here are great… it is like my work family :) Love the industry we are in and I love the fast pace environment. They offer benefits, quarterly team building, cell phone allowance, paid holidays, Paid time off…. All the good of a major corporation w/out the stuffy corporate feel of a big company. I love my Job :)

Cons

The booking department is none stop busy with lots of hard deadlines. People who are not the most organized or do not have strong time management skills will 100% fail. This is NOT a 9-5 job, you take your work home with you but in all honestly the company is upfront about this. Can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow. I have been here for some time and have seen the company go from 5 employees to 10 to 15 and now 20… it is exciting! Think that as long as the company continues to evolve things will only get better for everyone. The people here want to be inspired and know that there is a bright future for them. I think most of us feel that :)

8. Super Fun Company to Work At

I worked at Push Models full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working for PUSH! The company really is a market leader with plenty of room for personal career development. I would gladly recommend working here. Management has always been supportive and trustworthy to me. Having worked in several office environments I can easily say the atmosphere working here beats anywhere I've seen. Good insurance coverage and PTO program also.

Cons

It definitely takes the right skill set and personality to enjoy working here - some days are pretty demanding but looking back on my personal accomplishments I am so proud of some of the brands I've worked with and the amazing experience I've acquired in the marketing field. As a Marketing major I feel like PUSH has opened a lot of doors for me and really expanded my network.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! And know that your employees LOVE all of the team building events, so refreshing to do those every quarter and be reminded what a fun group works here.

High turn over.

I worked at Push Models full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast pace, fun environment, cell phone alowance, team building.

Cons

Lots of drama. High turn over rate managent if okay with that they feel it makes clients think that the company is lager than it is. CFO likes to be the center of most drama as long as you gossip with her and talk about your problems she will like you and treat you well. the owner are never on the same page. Obvious lack of communication. They are also known to sleep with female staff members. Raises are never givin and hard work usually goes unnoticed. If management is having a bad day they make sure your having a bad day as well. The lack of maturity and professionalism makes for a difficult work environment. Hence the high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

In general start nurturing employees and building them up. The more encouragment you give the harder people will work for you. Also implement a system that offers raises. I've watched allot of rockstar employees leave due to this. This company has allot of growningup to do internally before they could truly grow.

10. Uses and Abuses Models as well as Corporate Employees!

Former Employee - Employee At Corporate Office in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Employee At Corporate Office in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Push Models full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual Dress, Cell Phone allowance for Booking Managers.

Cons

DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA! Completely unprofessional and uses the best potential of employees and models, but abuses the right to pay them on-time and overworks their employees!

Advice to Management

FIRE YOUR CFO! If she would apply the amount of time she uses to gossip and intrude into PUSH employees lives to actually doing her job, commissions would be paid on time, her accounting office wouldn't be swamped - LIKE ALWAYS, and the office moral may just improve. Advice to the Owners: take more ownership of your own personal lives and hire yourselves a personal assistant who isn't your CFO (and try not to sleep with them)! Improve your relationships with your promotional models/brand ambassadors. Treat them like they're gold, because without them your company is toast! Pay them within 2 weeks - which means collect from your clients sooner so you don't have to keep pushing your models pay back. Which brings up a great point - Maybe if that CFO of yours could stop being so lazy your accounting department could cut check weekly (it's not that hard). As for your Booking Department, stop being so cheap and pay them more! They work 24/7 for this company (they're always on-call) and would actually stay if their paychecks would reflect their hard work! Put your money where your intentions are and make this a better company!

My experience with Push Models has been subpar.

Current Contractor - Promo Model in Tempe, AZ
    Current Contractor - Promo Model in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Push Models as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Pros is that there are a variety of opportunities to work.

Cons

Cons is that the staff lacks communication skills, sends rude texts to ambassadors, are unorganized, and you get paid over two months after you completed a promo.

Advice to Management

Consider paying every two weeks like other promotional companies. Assure that promo models are satisfied working for you, don't under pay employees and promo models.