Putnam City School District I-001, Oklahoma County

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Jennifer Strong

1. Good School system to substitute in.

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Putnam City School District I-001, Oklahoma County part-time (More than a year)

Pros

supportive of teachers and students, good school environment

Cons

no major issues at this place.

2. Site Manager

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Putnam City School District I-001, Oklahoma County full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and Vacation packages. M-F shifts. Paid holidays

Cons

Don't have competitive salary. and low base salary. Physical work for low gain.

Advice to Management

Management is understanding but some decisions need to be reviewed before putting into action.

3. As with any school district there are problems but there are also A LOT of hardworking people who care about education.

Current Employee - Special ED TA in Warr Acres, OK
    Current Employee - Special ED TA in Warr Acres, OK

I have been working at Putnam City School District I-001, Oklahoma County full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teaching children not only curriculum but being a role model, the teachers who go above and beyond, the overworked secretaries that will help you with anything even though it is not in their job description, all of the new implementations of special education classes and needs. One of the most rewarding (not by money) jobs you will find.

Cons

The teachers who don't care and bring others down. Discipline is lacking. The politics are infuriating (make sure you know someone who knows someone and make sure they are someone of authority).

5. School Psychologist

Current Employee - School Psychologist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - School Psychologist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Putnam City School District I-001, Oklahoma County (More than a year)

Pros

We have offices in special services building. This gives us easy access to the special services office staff.

Cons

Having offices not at school sites means we have travel time between buildings. It's harder to build relationships with school staff.

Advice to Management

Support more opportunities for professional development. Increase special services staff to recommended levels.

6. Totally out of place, not very welcoming from many

Pros

If you love kids, they are what keeps you coming. Leaving them was the hardest part

Cons

I felt outta place, it felt like the upper authority dislikes the opposite race as well as how different children were treated and disciplined

Advice to Management

Upper management has their nose to high

7. Great school to work for.

Current Employee - Middle School Teacher in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Middle School Teacher in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Putnam City School District I-001, Oklahoma County full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is good, and the school really takes care of you.

Cons

The students are difficult. I've taught at other schools and these are by far the worst.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Keep up the good work.

8. Long Hours, Great Vacation /Sick Leave, No Financial Incentives

Former Employee - Tech II in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Tech II in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Putnam City School District I-001, Oklahoma County full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All Federal Holidays off. 2wks paid vacation, 2 weeks sick leave, 3 Personal Days.

Cons

Non experienced employees start at $26000, with 5 years experience start at $32000. Due to my circumstance coming in I was able to start higher, but I stayed at the same salary, despite a great peer review every year, and accolades for making impossible projects come in on time, six years later. No cost of living increase, no OT, no Bonuses. No paid training given to new employees, no paid training given to long term employees. Many times I bought my own supplies and software to get my job done, as many times I was told there was no money for it, even though it was beneficial to get the job done.

Advice to Management

none.

9. Good teaching experience

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

Pros

Teacehrs compenasation is very competitive

Cons

Lack of support from administration at times

Advice to Management

?

RSS Feed </> Embed