PwC

Updated Apr 6, 2014

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

114 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Worked at PWC for over a year at the Helpdesk Jobs outsourced to TCS India outsourcer

Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at PwC full-time for more than a year

ProsBig Company lots of users, lots of work to do.

ConsFrom February .2013 until August 2013 , we were steering users to to call an 877 tel. number.

On August 9,2013 , we were told we had until Feb. 28, 2014 to find new jobs as ours were being outsourced.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpathisize

Stay far away

Assurance Associate (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at PwC full-time for less than a year

ProsGood name to have on your resume, large firm

Cons-Pay is far below market especially when you consider the hours and expectations
-Attitude of management and leadership conditioning employees to believe PwC is the very best
-Firm operates as two separate entities essentially-assurance/tax and advisory. Culture is very divisional as advisory is given greater access to firm resources, and far greater pay and benefits

Absolutely an ethic-less company

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at PwC full-time for more than a year

ProsYou will learn nothing and train at becoming one of the best suckers. If you are a technologist please do not bother being part of this firm. Below average talent.

ConsYou won't know how to make up for lost time.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo top heavy and few good workers. Pure and rich talent should be measured outside of allocation % an revenue impact. Make them useful.

The company in general is fine but my manager was terrible.

Business Support Team Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at PwC full-time for more than a year

ProsPay was decent and a lot of potential career advancement opportunities.

ConsMy manager was more interested in getting rid of everyone instead of working with them to improve her team.

The emperor wears no clothes

Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at PwC full-time for more than a year

ProsStability. There's a clear path and you would have to set the building on fire to be fired.

ConsBillable hours/metric centered - Don't strive for efficiency gains; it's better to work long and hard rather than work efficiently. Their goal is to bill lots of hours to the client.

Lack of intellectual capital - In my experience, colleagues were very dense.

Slow pace of development - Because employees are not the sharpest crayons, and there is constant hiring straight out of college, the bar is set very low. You are expected to learn how to do 3 things, and repeat these at nauseum before being entrusted with a new task.

Very little interaction with Partners/Principals.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the dumb people clogging up the system. Move away from the stupid metrics. HR is USELESS.

Work here if you want to have no social life

Audit Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at PwC

Pros-Young environment
-Good hours around holidays (depending on client obligations)

Cons-REDICULOUS hours (and not just during busy season depending on staffing)
-No recognition/thanks
-No respect from superiors
-Unfair Staffing (some people will be staffed on year-round busy season clients while others will be availible doing nothing for months at a time)

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time and know the people working under you. There is nothing more discouraging than racking up 80+ hours per week and having the person you are working for not even awknowledge you or remember your name. Also, compensate better and let someone know when they do a good job. Say thank you at the end of the engagement- it can go a long way and it will improve morale.

No Appreciation for Hard Work at PwC.

Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at PwC

ProsThere is a a lot of talent and knowldegeable people at PWC where you can learn alot everyday. There is a huge variety of engagements, work and clients within the firm. Very young and social atmosphere where people go out often and have a good time.

ConsThere is no appreciation for hard work or long hours. There are no raises and the compensation scale is a mess (new hires are making more then third year associates). Do not expect to ever receive a bonus of more then $500 every year. What a joke!

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize people who work hard and passed the CPA and haven't taken that time out of work.

Bad Firm

Tax Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at PwC

ProsThere are no good reasons to work for PricewaterhouseCoopers.

ConsPeople discriminate against others based on race, religion and sexual orientation. Worst of all, management is not honest about how workers are evaulated and why certain people are favored to advance in the firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up and get integrity.

Senior Associate - Assurance

Senior Associate - Assurance (Former Employee)

I worked at PwC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBroad exposure to various opportunities, people and clients. Especially useful coming straight out of school.

ConsEngagements are consistently understaffed; people are overworked; lots of mind games. Difficult to get onto new projects. High turn over.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a higher value placed on treating people adequately. Throwing around corporate jargon like "work-life balance" does not actually mean staff get to experience this. The idea of working 90 hrs/wk can no longer qualify as a badge of honor - it needs to be eradicated if you want people to stick around in the long run.

typical big company, more concerned with justifying jobs than actually doing work properly

Senior Associate Actuary (Former Employee)

I worked at PwC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt's a great accounting firm to have on one's resume, for when it becomes worth it to seek a better opportunity later.

ConsAfter working for a small company now, I would never recommend working for a large company to anyone - there's so much time wasted filling out forms justifying your job that you don't actually get to do any work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to run this company of 30,000 more like a company of 30, and everyone will be a lot happier.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC reviews and ratings in Boston, MA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PwC CEO Robert Moritz. All 114 reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees.