PwC

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

140 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Managing Director

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsPwC is an excellent consultancy with deep capabilities across a number of functional areas and solid industry expertise

ConsNot as committed as a practice to human capital consulting as to technology or business consulting work

Great place to work

Advisory Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people, great work environment, management that actually cares about their people

ConsHigh travel requirements...can expect 100% travel within the advisory practice, mon-thurs

Advice to Senior ManagementLeverage virtual communication tools to decrease travel requirements

Amazing, PwC really lives up to the hype.

Internship (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe people really make the experience in public accounting. Being in a room for hours on end with people you enjoy makes working long hours a lot more enjoyable. PwC also has the best clients and are great about transferring you to a new client in a timely fashion as long as your a good performer.

ConsWork life balance can be a challenge at time but it is definitely worth the experience you will gain at the best public accounting firm in the U.S.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Difficult work life balance, but great learning environment

Senior Associate (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat salary and benefits, working with some of the smartest people in the industry, brand name recognition, scope and impact of engagements, opportunities for learning and advancement, woman-friendly work environment

ConsExcessive work hours and constant travel, Sunday-Friday night work week, very little personal time during engagements but partially offset by generous time off and vacation benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementReward working smart rather than putting in prolonged hours. Excessive time worked leads to diminished productivity and errors.

Mediocre - quality varies widely by group

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

Pros1. Everyone knows PwC
    2. PwC MCS (PwC's pre 2002 consulting arm which was sold to IBM) had a great rep and it gives current day advisory a halo.
    3. Some groups are world class (deals & accounting related advisory services)

Cons1. Ridged silos prevent groups from working together. I worked on a client where there were 3 groups pitching for the same project, and none knew the others were involved.
    2. Quality varies widely by group. This may be a product of all of the recent acquisitions (diamond, bearingpoint, prtm, etc...)
    3. Project Performance reviews have little correlation to annual reviews

Advice to Senior ManagementSplit out consulting from accounting (eg Deloitte )

Good place to start your career

Audit Senior Associate (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Pros- young group of talented people
    - good chance to gain exposure to a number of different companies and industries
    - teaches time management and organizational skills given the amount of responsibility taken on early in career
    - good travel opportunities

Cons- hours can be very long and minimum hours required during busy season
    - never get to dive too deep into a particular area given budget and the amount of work that needs to get done
    - promotion schedule generally lags competitiors by a year.

Coalition building in a shark tank

Director (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat development, experience and supportive flexibility

ConsWork-life balance, silo-ed thinking and lack of diversity at the top

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more consistency in process, infrastructure and hold partners accountable for modeling the behaviors you expect from staff.

PwC was a good company to work for where I met a lot of smart people but it was difficult to move around in the company

Tax Senior Associate (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsPlenty of smart people from various departments to network with. Reasonable pay. Good work life balance in my group.

ConsIt was extremely difficult to move around within the organization. I wanted to change groups xLOS and it never happened. Then I wanted to go to a different group within tax and it was going to take a while. Finally I got fed up and left the company since I wasn't going to wait any longer. Promotion took longer than it should have.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your own people want to rotate/transfer to a different group, make it easier/faster for this to happen. Otherwise, they will end up leaving.

Good company to work for, however, there is a disconnect between upper level expectations and reasonable expectations.

Experienced Audit Associate (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsLeads to many other. Opportunities.

ConsAmount of hours worked with no added incentive

Advice to Senior ManagementIncentivize those at lower levels working 60-70 hours a week with bonus' rather than a pat on the back and saying "good job"

Poor work/life balance

Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsPrestige, vacation time, working with young people

ConsUnable to use vacation time, work comes first and life second, coaching has gotten worse due to everyone's lack of available time, creates too much red tape for itself

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to focus on more flexibility for employees, need to focus on more flexibility on audit engagements, things are too planned out in an industry where unusual items are the only constant, quit promising what won't be delivered

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC reviews and ratings in Chicago, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PwC CEO Robert Moritz. All 140 reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees.