PwC

PwC Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 17, 2014

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees(in 234 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting(in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage(in 801 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city(in 784 reviews)

142 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very dynamic and energizing environment

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat career advancement, and meeting the best people

Conshours, hours, hours
    Often random assignments that did not warrant an evaluation

Rare combination of brilliance and humanity.

Advisory Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI meet crazy smart people every day; yet nearly everyone is humble and human.

ConsA little risk averse, but getting better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working to improve work-life balance.

International Tax Services, Associate

Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat organization with excellent work culture. Exceptional mentors and access to resources. Good place to learn and grow nationally or internationally

ConsSometimes very long hours. Non effiencient use of employee time

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep open communication with the employees to constantly improve the organisation and make the processes more efficient.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat benefits and forward looking company which makes this company a great company to work for.

ConsComplicated organizational structure and review process makes it difficult for promotion

People Who Care, great place to build career

ProsIntelligent, driven colleagues
    Work with F500 companies
    Top notch support

ConsCertain groups can be very hierarchical
    Diversity can trump performance in performance reviews

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to pay for performance and create incentives for high achievers

Great place to work

Advisory Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people, great work environment, management that actually cares about their people

ConsHigh travel requirements...can expect 100% travel within the advisory practice, mon-thurs

Advice to Senior ManagementLeverage virtual communication tools to decrease travel requirements

Amazing, PwC really lives up to the hype.

Internship (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe people really make the experience in public accounting. Being in a room for hours on end with people you enjoy makes working long hours a lot more enjoyable. PwC also has the best clients and are great about transferring you to a new client in a timely fashion as long as your a good performer.

ConsWork life balance can be a challenge at time but it is definitely worth the experience you will gain at the best public accounting firm in the U.S.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Good Company to work for

Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsUsually trys to do the right thing. Culture of partnership allows more of a beg forgiveness than ask permission culture, which keeps partnership nimble. Focus on education, opportunity and advancement. I believe compensation relative to Industry is good, but I need to spend more time in Glassdoor to confirm

ConsFrequently seems like those that get promoted have more of a short term financial bottom line attitude than the general culture of long term growth. Sometimes achieves great results by outworking rather than out thinking. Maybe this is endemic to consulting.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue attitude of acquisition and growth during economic downturns.

PwC provides limitless opportunities

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prostremendous opportunities and ability to grow into a role to be able to manage your own work and career.

ConsThe same with all large companies, practices and procedures are implemented and required for all employees whether or not they apply to certain speciality groups or not.

Loved it! I was an SDI Intern! Great learning experience

SDI Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat Salary, Great connections/mentor-ships, The #1 Accounting Firm

ConsThere are none. Great environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Job!

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!