PwC Reviews

Reset
3.7
PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz
Robert Moritz

Pros
  • PwC provides a solid work life balance (in 257 reviews)

• You will learn a lot if you have the right people teaching you (in 132 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolute lack of work/life balance consideration (in 930 reviews)

• Long hours but you know when it is going to end (in 866 reviews)

1. No option to choose the kind of work you want to do!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits Competitive salary at senior associate level

Cons

Pulled into projects even if employees a rent interested in the area. Everything is based on clients needs and employee preferences are not given enough weight age

2. Manager

Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great coworkers. Some flexibility in when you work and where you work from

Cons

Long hours; have to work on multiple projects, sometimes with little support

3. Intern review

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Chicago, IL

I worked at PwC (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with. I had a great internship experience primarily because my team was so fun, and I got along with them so well. My advice would be to network with the people you are working with as much as possible because they largely influence whether or not you get a full time offer. Connect with you coach/mentor as soon as possible.

Cons

I thought recruitment could've been more organized. I wasn't connected with the people I would be working with which was unfortunate.

5. Recruiting Sourcing Manager

Current Contractor - Recruiting Sourcing Manager in South Elgin, IL
    Current Contractor - Recruiting Sourcing Manager in South Elgin, IL

I have been working at PwC as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunity Excellent employee benefits Well respected organization Offers a variety of experience Truly a great work/life balance Flexible hours Great management

Cons

I unfortunately can not think of anything that appears to be on the down side of a company. Excellent organization in a Big 4 community of companies.

Advice to Management

The management team continues to allow growth by demonstrating excellent leadership, opportunity for growth and learning, as well as, a work life balance.

6. Associate

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started. So I dont have anything usefult to contribute apart from me being trained in one city, base branch in another and client in another city.. Once you start you get to see new places.

Cons

I dont have enough experience to share this information. I will know or have information maybe after a year with pwc.

Advice to Management

Why am I asked to fill this ? I just started and I dont have any advise to management but still I need to enter a minimum of 20 words ? I just did.

7. Great Company

Current Employee - Start Intern in East Chicago, IN
    Current Employee - Start Intern in East Chicago, IN

I have been working at PwC (Less than a year)

Pros

- friendly work environment - great culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion - mobility and flexibility

Cons

There are no downsides that I see immediately. The company cares about its employees in all areas of the firm.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work that you're doing. Continue sticking to your core values and making the company a great place to work.

8. Manager, Advisory

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people, super interesting projects and cutting edge work. Each group operates on their own and can create an entrepreneur culture.

Cons

Partner's are obtuse to the demands and hours they impose upon staff. Pay is not competitive in industry and bonuses are about what you would get in industry. People are treated as a commodity that can be replaced with the next group of MBA hires. Experience is not valued and the flexibility campaign is a joke - not practiced in reality and only given lip service. Turn and burn culture. Only real money comes from being a partner - trade your life for paycheck? no thanks.

9. Manager

Current Employee - Audit Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Audit Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've always held the opinion that the company is fair to its employees. The US firm in general seems sincerely concerned with employee satisfaction and good efforts are made every year to create that satisfaction. The client work is challenging and the landscape is always changing.

Cons

The nature of the work is not always satisfying. Sometimes you may grow tired of certain requirements on projects, yet I imagine this is a universality of nearly every job - in the audit industry or not. You may be forced to frame things certain ways in your mind to make some aspects of the work more enjoyable, eg. imagine some activities as puzzles.

Advice to Management

I'm overall impressed with management's attentiveness, concern and strategy to better the employee experience. I think it would be wise to continue to instill an approachable and competitive environment. I would also encourage management to be attentive to over staff that may not share the more admirable attributes and remove them from the workplace. Depending on size of the office, one can find themselves under a bad manager or partner for an extended period of time; this can quickly ruin the employees experience (admittedly, this could be described as a universality in the workplace - regardless of industry).

10. Good pay and smart people but draining.

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great brand image, good compensation, great career launching point. Also, you have a lot in common with your co-workers since they are all around your age.

Cons

Long hours, work can be really dull. There's a lot of pressure to meet budgets that are sometimes ridiculous. Experience can vary greatly based on clients assigned and seniors/managers you work for.

Advice to Management

Need to make sure that they are honest about budgeting hours. Working long hours is okay when you're on budget but stressful when the budget can not be achieved.

11. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful opportunities to work with some of the best clients and leaders in your chosen field of interest. The talent and acumen of colleagues is also very impressive.

Cons

Given its size, the company can be hugely bureaucratic, making seemingly easy tasks massively difficult to navigate. The compensation system is equally vague and bureaucratic to maneuver.

Showing 208 of 7,332 reviews