PwC
3.5 of 5 4,293 reviews
www.pwc.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

PwC Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees"
    in 211 reviews
  • "It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting"
    in 109 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance is deviated at times (auditing is always a somewhat seasonal business)"
    in 731 reviews
  • "Compensation seems to be disproportionate given the fact that people work long hours"
    in 725 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

My experience was great - my team treated me as an equal and I received associate-level work even though I was an intern

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at PwC

Pros- Big Four is a great place to obtain valuable work experience
- You're constantly learning new things everyday
- Promotions are pretty much set in stone so you will advance your career every 3 years

Cons- You will work long excruciating hours (busy season will consist of 16 hour days (seriously)).
- The work can become a bit tedious and boring (but aren't most office jobs like that?)

Advice to Senior Management- Provide continuous feedback to your team members as it will benefit everyone
- Provide set objectives and goals for the team to achieve

Great experience; focus on giving better compensation

Senior Associate - Advisory (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsSmart people
Great teaming environment
Great experience
Challenging work

ConsCompensation needs to be improved

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation sucked at the firm. People started leaving to other firms for a 20% pay boost. Pwc got smart with better comp packages to retain people. It should never get to this point.

Overall, a valuable career experience.

Senior Associate (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at PwC

ProsGreat experience at a fast pace. Tons of resume-building opportunities, leadership roles, and technical experiences. work with some of the biggest/best companies in the world.

ConsObviously the hours can become overwhelming at times and schedules can be unpredictable. Compensation is just average and bonuses are significantly less than corporate, but most people know that going in...personal agendas and grudges can get carried out in the evaluation room and you're left with little chance to defend yourself.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is a great place to work and grow.

Associate (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PwC

ProsTeamwork, positive attitude and learning opportunities

ConsPressure and lack of work-life balance

Overall a good experience and PwC is a great firm.

Partner (Current Employee)

I have been working at PwC

ProsIt cares about its people and continuously seeks to find new ways to reward them
You can learn from many smart people in the Firm.

ConsIt can be stressful due to unreasonable clients and long hours. As in most companies , the more you advance the more you see the ugly internal politics .although a meritocracy until one makes partner.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to increase the transparency in all that we do

Great place to work, develop, and advance

Advisory Manager (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at PwC

ProsUnlimited career advancement opportunities, if wanted

ConsCross Country Travel tends to be a bit much

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate for high performance

outstanding opportunity to grow professionally and boost your career

Recruiting Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at PwC

ProsThe people are outstanding. The clients are dynamic and provide opportunities to create cutting edge solutions and delivery. There is not cookie cutter approach to promotion, it is truly based on each person's ability to grow and perform.

ConsIn such a high performing environment it drives your hours. You have to own the work life balance area and understand that to continue to promote it will be tilted to the work side.

My experience has given me great opportunities to learn and grow.

Risk Assurance Associate (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at PwC

ProsWork flexibility, competency of management, competitive work environment, friendly work environment, ability to grow quickly, opportunities to travel, and good benefits.

ConsSalary is competitive to the other Big Four accounting firms, but the nature of demand for the position helps to hold initial salaries down.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise management to continue to the great relationship with employees and the continuous work put forth to better grow the firm.

Best Place To Work? What a Joke

Experienced Audit Associate (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC

ProsIt's very easy to advance within PwC. The only people who stick around are people who can't get jobs elsewhere, so it's easy to look good compared to people who have been there longer than you. If you're motivated it's pretty easy to be an all-star.

ConsWork life balance does not exist. Grossly underpaid for the hours worked. Don't even dare try to calculate your hourly wage. Unless you like working 80 hours a week and booking 60 of those so that your manager and partner don't get pissed for destroying the budget, look elsewhere. There are a number of firms in the area who will respect your contributions much more. At the San Jose PwC office you're just a number. There's a reason that turnover in this office is hovering between 35 and 40% right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should consider listening to employees and addressing issues within the company. Stop holding office-wide events to discuss all of the improvements that are "coming" and actually do something.

Great people, great leadership, great opportunities to grow if you show yourself to be willing and capable.

Risk Assurance Manager (Current Employee)

ProsDiversity of people
Diversity of clients
Diversity of opinions
Lots of Type A personalities to challenge and compete with you

ConsFor some, travel may be a downside.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the people who have technical skills to support delivery. They may not be future owners of the franchise but are critical to the success of the firm.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PwC CEO Robert Moritz. All 191 reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees.