PwC

PwC Reviews in Georgia

Updated Jul 19, 2014

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees(in 234 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting(in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage(in 801 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city(in 784 reviews)

45 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Depending on your MD & his Directors, opportunity is there

Senior Associate - Advisory (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSurrounded by smart people, for the most part
    Upward mobility is there if you are competent
    Although it's a large company, MDs have their own 'business within a business,' so it can feel like a small startup at times
    Not afraid to spend time and money on product training/learning
    Travel

ConsTravel
    Longer hours than most jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice the work-life balance that you preach - look at innovative ways to balance your workforce's w/l mix. Doing so will not only make your employees happier, it will attract top young talent as well. Manage your client's expectations upfront to enable this balance.

I worked for this company for six years and obtained great experience.

Senior Associate - Advisory (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsVery good company to work for and provides room for advancement and broadening knowledge for the industry.

ConsGood compensation and interesting company and management team. I would love to go back.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat management team.

Poor

Advisory Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat blue chip company and great brand name on your resume

Constoo much travel and too much politics

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience but not a long-term career for me

Audit Senior Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBroad learning experience, great networking opportunities, professional environment.

ConsWork-life balance - unpredictable schedule that often requires long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the feedback employees provide and make changes accordingly when possible.

Advisory Technology: this could be your first job and your last job.

Advisory Technology Senior Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros* Effective hiring process means great people to work with - very smart, capable, and driven
    * Very efficient at creating standardized process to execute projects
    * Lots of opportunities to see different industries, different clients, and different problems

Cons* Working for 30,000+ person corporate consulting group means some bureaucratic and frustrating processes (particularly in performance evaluation)
    * While career path is clear, being promoted can be a moving target depending on your environment and peer performance

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd love to see a more real time feedback process that's a little more social rather than the existing PFF, memo to file, yearly evaluation process. I know PwC has implemented mobile apps to access resources like KCurve. A mobile app where one could select a project, a work stream, and a reviewee at any time that allowed a supervisor to comment on the way a junior employee handled a meeting, executed a deliverable, interacted with his client team, etc. would be really beneficial to see and could be aggregated, tracked, and analyzed to fit in with a yearly review.

benefits are good

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros22 vac days, diversity, good employer

Consevaluation system is bad, you will loose if you do not scream for what you deserve

PwC is a great place to start your career, but a harder place to finish it.

Transfer Pricing Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsName recognition, positive culture, vacation time and holidays, benefits, lots of people around so its easy to find fun coworkers, some random perks like promotion day and holiday party

ConsHours can be rough, clients can be annoying, and the work can get dull

Advice to Senior ManagementFind more ways to make associates happy

Internship

Intern (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThere are PWC offices in every major city in the world

ConsAge discrimination should be addressed.

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink open alcohol policy at company functions without designated drivers.

High effective training in retail and customer serice

Audit Senior (Former Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsOne on One with customers, ability to put my college training to use, free to deliver the best service available. Effective understanding of transactions and inventory in over 800 store nationwide and Guam.

ConsAlot of nights and weekends, sometimes for traffic is a bit slow on certain days.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe better managers

A great place to start your career.

Risk Assurance Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat place to start your career. You will learn something new everyday and face new challenges at every corner. Never a dull moment, always very busy.

ConsIt can be too demanding at sometimes. During my time at PwC, I traveled out of state for approximately 70% of the time. Hours can sometimes press into the high 70-80's in busy season.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to work with educators to build up recognition of the Risk Assurance Practice. Nobody knows what we do until they start working with us. That is not a great strategy to retain employees.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!