PwC

PwC Reviews in London UK

Updated Jul 22, 2014

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees(in 234 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting(in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage(in 801 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city(in 784 reviews)

173 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

PwC

Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood work-life balance, well paid, excellent expertise.

ConsBureaucratic, slow to react to opportunity, partners risk averse

A great place to learn and grow!

Senior Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsI worked in PWC for 6 years in the London office. In my opinion, a great place to learn with a groups highly skilled professionals.

ConsI think the policy of comparative pear rating based performance evaluation is madness, it leads to negative politics. also quite often the project budgets and deadlines are unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerformance rating should be individual, specially when the objectives are met.

variation every day

Associate (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Proslots of variety, great training

Conslong hours between jan and march

Advice to Senior Managementmore staff in busy season,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

2014

Strategy (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosvery good company, look after employee and the work is very good. enjoy the enviroment and way things happen.

Consvery competitive workplace, competition is fierce and problems can occur when things go wrong. looking at alternatives

Advice to Senior Managementexcellent

Internship

Intern (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Prostop team, very friendly, ambitious colleagues, challenging work

Consproject organization sometimes fail, work overtime if not well organized

Wonderful grad school, but poor on career development

ESC Associate (Former Employee) Potters Bar, England (UK)

ProsGreat team of professionals. THe package is excellent and management very bright and savy

ConsIf you start at the bottom of the scale, it is difficult to build a career

Great development experience and really brilliant colleagues

Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsI love the development opportunities. There are roles available in all sorts of roles. The internal teams are really strong in certain areas and it makes the company flow well. The processes and procedures are relatively clear and people are always willing to help. The office in London Bridge is great and a really first class place to work

ConsThere is a still an 'old boy' network to getting the best projects and good jobs. End of year moderation takes ages and is very drawn out. Internal IT systems etc aren't as joined up as I would like them to be. As with all lagre firms there is a constant level of change which could be managed a little better

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more often on the things that matter - Be honest and communicate before you know all of the answers. Ask more advice of your staff, don't do it all on your own.

Best company to start working for

Audit Associate (Current Employee) Farnborough, London, England (UK)

Prospromotions, salary, team, nice environment

Conswork-life balance, some clients can be very unprofessionals.

Advice to Senior Managementthink about some time-off policies, apart from this congratulation you create the best team and environment a best job until now.

Fulfilling and enriching experience

Advisory Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Pros- great banter
    - very professional
    - great academic and learning support

Cons- too structured
    - promotion process convoluted and unclear

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline the promotion process and make it more transparent

Varied experience that can be very good. Often far too political.

Senior Associate - Advisory (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsSmart people, good variety of projects.

ConsA political minefield, unfortunately this often negates the benefits of working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter transparency, less focus on short term goals

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!