PwC

PwC Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 20, 2014

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees(in 234 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting(in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage(in 801 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city(in 784 reviews)

519 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good so far!

Advisory Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAn excellent employer - a workplace where you can find opportunities and seize them. Good benefits, good reputation, and interesting work.

ConsYou have to be willing to drive your own career -- the friendly giganticism is not as concerned about you as you will be. Some projects will be great, some not so much; some partners/directors are great and some not so much -- 'tis the nature of consulting.

Great place to learn and grow

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPwC is a great company for people who like to learn and be stretched beyond their comfort zone. As long as you are open to new opportunities, you will learn a lot! The pay is great, and they have made a lot of positive changes around flexibility during the past several years.

ConsYou can be expected to act as an expert in a subject area in which you've had very little experience. This can feel uncomfortable at times. Your experience may also depend heavily on the group with which you work. I loved my group, but I had conversations with many others who,unfortunately, didn't have a supportive and nurturing group. Hours can be long, especially during busy season.

Great experience.

M&S (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots to learn owing to the matrixed and global nature of the organization

ConsCan get lost as it is so huge and get stuck in a role.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement right now is really really focused on really good change by investing in technology. I suggest that they hold senior managers more responsible to ensure that people are given the opportunity to work on opportunities outside of their roles.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The real deal

Senior Associate - IFS (Current Employee) Florham Park, NJ

ProsPwC professionals care about their co-workers and PwC's corporate policies allows that to make a difference. There is a top-down focus on flexibility and what that means to each employee and team. No man is an island, so arrangements that are made (telecommuting, flex time, etc) need to work for all parties involved, but PwC wants employees to be balanced, and thus, stay with the firm. The work is exciting, the culture is innovative, and at the end of the day, you feel like you work for the best of the best and that somehow that company really likes you too. Hard work is applauded although success is expected. You want to work hard in a place like this.

ConsHours can be long in client facing roles. Growth opportunities for internal firm services staff do exist, but require more patience, networking and finesse to obtain. Large company structure can mean red tape at times. Treat these cons with a 15% weight - the pro's outweigh them by far.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, continue to innovate as the workplace of the future, and trust your people to take on new assignments outside of their typical wheelhouse.

Fast-paced pressure cooker.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEveryone rallies for your success.

ConsPressure to be "perfect" is extremely high.

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink the matrix.

intern advisory

Advisory Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosfast competitive environment, lots of events

Consmanagement level do not care about interns

I have had a great a experience with PwC.

Start Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey take very good care of their people and the benfits are really good. They also find ways to accomdate any situation you might have. You have freedom to do what you like as long as you get your work done.

ConsThe toughest thing to get used to is the fact that the firm is so big so you are constantly meeting new people. You will never know everybody but you do become close with the people you work with on your team.

A great firm to work for

Graduate Trainee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsNice Atmosphere, serious environment. The requirements are very high however you have the opportunity to relax a little as long as the work is done properly.
    Nice co workers, attentive and helpful.
    Location of the office is very nice.

ConsWorking hours are sometimes long. You are very free there are not a lot of indications. I would not advise this company for people who need restrictions and guidelines. You will often have to figure out things yourself

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Amazing experience! The best place to start your career

Summer Tax (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPwC offers a lot of opportunity to learn and grow! As a bonus the pay is great for graduates starting their career. The culture and the people at PwC make it feel like your not even working

ConsI do not have any cons at the moment I'm very happy with the people, the information I'm learning, and the pay. I have a amazing work life and I feel that my career will blossom at PwC

Lots of opportunities to learn and lead

Experienced Associate (Assurance) (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proslearning curve, training, opportunities to lead

Conslong hours, pay is low

Advice to Senior ManagementShow employees appreciation

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!