PwC

5,626 Reviews

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz
Robert Moritz
1,222 Ratings

Pros
  • No work-life balance during busy season because the nature of assurance work (in 257 reviews)

• You learn a lot about how to run complex businesses in fast-changing environments (in 132 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life Balance does not exist as much as they say they are still working on it (in 930 reviews)

• Long hours that often keep me at the office or working from home late at night (in 866 reviews)

More Highlights

583 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Firm

Former Employee - Experienced Tax Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Experienced Tax Associate in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture
    The perks
    The people
    You will learn a ton

PwC was a great place to work. I went to a smaller public firm after working here and that place could not hold a candle to the experiences and learning opportunities I received at PwC. While the hours are trying and certainly long and arduous, being a part of this firm will absolutely shape your future opportunities. The firm opens many doors and after leaving public for the private sector I realized how much working at Pwc had an effect on my obtaining my current position. Great firm great people and great culture. You will meet lifelong friends here.

Cons

The hours
    Office Politics

The hours are long and it is extremely difficult to have a life outside of work during busy season. If the hours weren't what they were I probably would have stayed there forever. Office politics can be annoying mostly during promotion time. You definitely have to be strategic about who you have on your side.

Spread out your work. Don't just give it to the people who you know will get it done the way you like. Sit down and teach the others so that your good people aren't overloaded and leaving the firm. Lastly, hire more people and provide mandatory rotations. People want to learn other things and not be pigeon holed.

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Tax Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC part-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Flexibility
    - A lot of responsibility given to first years, which allows them to learn and progress profesionally
    - Co-workers are some of the best in the industry and offer great advice

Cons

- Long hours during busy season (which is expected)

Great work experience, poor flexibility

Current Employee - Risk Assurance Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Risk Assurance Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Work with the smartest people in the industry and audit fortune 500 clients. You learn so much in so little time

Cons

long hours
    No flexibility in terms of studying for the cpa examination

Good place for experienced professional

Former Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY

I worked at PwC

Pros

Great experience in working with best professionals around, good perks

Cons

long hours, unstructured environment at times

Pros and Cons

Current Employee - Audit Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time

Pros

Exposure to big name companies, brand reputation of PwC, some very smart people to work with, broad range of roles and lines of services are available if you play the political game well.

Cons

Hours, tons of Senior Managers clamoring to become partners (e.g. back stabbing, throwing people under the bus, partner centric priorities), poor comp, audit is the worst for interesting work.

Work / Life balance does not exist, stop people having to eat their hours on time sheets, workforce is being hollowed out in the middle levels of the organization

Great Experience.

Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Great perks. You can quickly accumulate vacation time. Your clients are the biggest companies in the world, and you will be working with very talented people.

Cons

Long hours during the busy season. Many times managers will not give advanced warning when you will be needed to work later hours or on the weekends. Prepare to be flexible.

Please consider having more consideration for your employees' time, and if you don't; consider paying them more.

Awesome culture

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Learning, growth, culture, various types of project, guidance from seniors, real time feedback, proper evaluation, transparent visibility to higher leadership level.

Cons

May not receive a project immediately on the tech/domain you want.

N/A

Diverse set of management styles

Current Employee - Assurance Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assurance Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people and pwc are genuine, smart and interesting. Starting salary is not great, but you get compensated with the opportunities that ensue after getting experience there.

Cons

One of the challenges of working at PwC is the pressure of deadlines and late hours. This pretty much accompanies any job, but busy season can be very challenging to endure. You need to mentally prepare yourself.

Seasonal Associate

Former Employee - Seeasonal Tax Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Seeasonal Tax Associate in New York, NY

I worked at PwC as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The best part working at PwC is definitely the people. You work as a team, and will make many very good friends. Also, there are many available resources (people, manuals, PwC help line,ect.) that can be referred to in case of any questions.

Cons

The biggest con of working for any of the big for is the hours worked and pressure that comes with busy season, overload of work, and strict short deadlines. There are times when one will be working 16-18 hour days. However, this should be expected especially in the tax department.

PWC means people constantly working

Current Employee - Tax Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent compensation and commute to nyc

Cons

Horrible health insurance, sweat-shop working conditions

Some managers, partners and directors want to be treated like royalty so you should let them step on you whenever they please. This has got to be the most toxic work environment I have ever worked in the last 20 years. The rat race to climb the corporate ladder is purvasive among teams. I am working 70 hour weeks while some of the favorites are always attending "training" seminars. Why hire or retain them if they cannot perform? The unfair workload and domineering managers are the main reason I'm resigning. In my dept I was the only male employee.