PwC

www.pwc.com

PwC Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees(in 234 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting(in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage(in 801 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city(in 784 reviews)

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Work hard, play hard; expect to be compensated well and learn the most you can, work long hours to achieve highly.

Tax Associate (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsBest experience, good compensation and vacation

ConsLong hours and tax season can be very stressful at times, but the comp. and prestige is worth it

Advice to Senior ManagementThe flexibility thing is working well, keep it up

Bland

WMTS Intern (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsVery nice people to work with and well compensated for the WMTS internship in Pittsburgh, PA.

ConsThe work I was completing was basic printing and filing which is expected in an internship. However, if I was not printing or filing I was sitting at my desk waiting to be given work.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize fewer interns because too much of the internship was sitting around.

Start off good but they overwork their people

Senior Tax Accountant (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat resume builder, a ton of resources for research, get exposed to a lot of special situations, great training programs

ConsLong hours, some managers do not appreciate staff, busy season will consume your life

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, interesting work, little employee investment

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe work was interesting, and seeing how a variety of companies operate, gives you good exposure to a variety of different cultures.

ConsYou are only as good as your last project, if client doesn't like you, you might get thrown under a bus. There was little effort made to send to training, internal or external, despite numerous requests in order to learn firm methodologies. You were expected to produce.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your new employees, teach them how PwC does business.

It was a good learning experience.

WMTS Intern (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat experience, great coworkers to work with, and decent salary

ConsLong Hours, thats about all

I Love working at PwC

Experienced Tax Associate (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe benefits of working for a big 4 accounting firm are amazing. They do everything they can to accomodate to their employees and they are very flexible with your personal committments outside of work.

ConsOne negative of working for a large company is that there are so many locations and thousands of employees that sometimes you feel like a number. I don't necessarily feel like that is the case in my individual office. Most of the time everyoine is very friendly and willing to help you out.

Experienced Associate Audit

Audit Associate (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Pros+ Highly Motivated Staff
    + Offers a lot of flexibility
    + Great potential for growth
    + Great Training opportunities

Cons+High expectations and long hours
    +High Turnover

A great experience which I am proud of working there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe pay was great. While working with other associates I gained a lot of experience which will help me in my career.

ConsWorked six days a week but that comes with a accounting position. Management needs to tell employees more information about the present situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, great experience with good pay and good work environment. THe only thing I had a problem with was the lack of communication from the partners all the way down.

Good experience but unrewarding work in general

Trust Tax Intern (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe company has an amazing culture and is one of the few companies that truly tries to make sure that stays the case. The cliche that the people make work worth going to certainly fits here as people work together amazingly well. The pay was also extremely good and the benefits matched.

ConsPublic accounting has a bad name for a reason. During tax season no one cares how the overwhelming workload gets done, only that it gets done. This makes for a very unrewarding feeling when you get done each day at 8 or 10 pm after coming in at 7am. This is more the nature of the business though than any singular problem with PwC.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to make employees feel more rewarded for completing the tedious and overwhelming workloads. Maybe hire more people so it doesn't always feel like we are just machines.

Lots of Opportunities

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat place to work due to the name and recognition it brings, flexibility, respect of your goals, management's support for your career, trust in your work product, freedom to seek out opportunities, transparency of upper management's dealings, and approachability of partners.

ConsStaff is underpaid, which is typical to the audit industry, and many often complain about it. Work is often mundane and not fulfilling. Those that have a hard time networking and going out on a limb to advance themselves will have trouble in the competitive environment, lots of hours. These are however all outweighed by the benefits, and the biggest benefit of seeing where this place can take you whether internal or external opportunities when you put in at least 3 years and get your CPA.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher $ incentives at lower staff levels would decrease turn over substantially.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!