PwC

3.5 4,669 reviews

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

4,669 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees"
    in 223 reviews
  • "It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting"
    in 112 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance is deviated at times (auditing is always a somewhat seasonal business)"
    in 768 reviews
  • "Compensation seems to be disproportionate given the fact that people work long hours"
    in 759 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Had a Great 14 Year IT Career Before Outsourcing Reigned Supreme and Destroyed US IT from the Inside Out

Relationship Manager (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

Pros-Great work-life balance
    -Always a strong focus on people and values
    -Quality benefits package, although the health care premiums have skyrocketed in recent years

ConsPwC has went through a pretty big transformation over the last few years. While change as a whole is pretty regular at PwC (and the rest of the corporate world), the focus on outsourcing as many of the US IT jobs as they could is/was very disappointing. The quality of IT at PwC dropped tremendously as a result and will likely never return to where it was. Compensation in the form of salaries, raises and bonuses essentially dried up at the same time that leadership began their all-out focus on outsourcing. One can only surmise that leadership's goal was to get the tenured IT staff who still had jobs frustrated enough to move on so they could be replaced with more junior, lower salaried staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementReinvest in IT as an essential commodity, rather than a burdensome necessity (management's current view).

Amazing place to transform yourself, if you know what you want

Experienced Associate - Advisory (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsThere is always somebody, somewhere, doing something you're passionate about. If you're lucky enough to find the team and get involved, there's so much you can get out of the PwC experience. I was not the happiest employee for the first few months, but was fortunate enough to find a group of people who were working on what I love. I wake up motivated every morning, believe it or not.

ConsNot all teams are alike, and finding that one niche is difficult, especially for new associates and senior associates. Some groups are more intense (I-banking-like), hierarchical, and don't treat you well, while others are more egalitarian, and understand the value of work-life balance. It truly depends on what you are doing, and with whom you're doing it.

I have had a great a experience with PwC.

Start Intern (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThey take very good care of their people and the benfits are really good. They also find ways to accomdate any situation you might have. You have freedom to do what you like as long as you get your work done.

ConsThe toughest thing to get used to is the fact that the firm is so big so you are constantly meeting new people. You will never know everybody but you do become close with the people you work with on your team.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good experience, however very long hours.

ProsStructured
    Great experience
    Great name to have on resume

ConsLong Hours
    Low pay
    Too much of Hierarchy
    easily replaceable
    All co-colleague had no experience working outside of Big 4

Excellent

Audit Associate (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat people. Company prestige is great. The pay is great too, but not for the amount of hours worked.

ConsI went into the job with the mindset of switching to finance. Very hard transition to do and I would advise against it.

A great firm to work for

Graduate Trainee (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsNice Atmosphere, serious environment. The requirements are very high however you have the opportunity to relax a little as long as the work is done properly.
    Nice co workers, attentive and helpful.
    Location of the office is very nice.

ConsWorking hours are sometimes long. You are very free there are not a lot of indications. I would not advise this company for people who need restrictions and guidelines. You will often have to figure out things yourself

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Very great

Prosteam work makes the company a great one to work for.

ConsThe leadership should get more engage to the junior staff

Advice to Senior Managementdiversity

PwC

ProsOpportunities, great clients, great co-workers

ConsLong hours, long hours, long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease incentives

Amazing experience! The best place to start your career

Summer Tax (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsPwC offers a lot of opportunity to learn and grow! As a bonus the pay is great for graduates starting their career. The culture and the people at PwC make it feel like your not even working

ConsI do not have any cons at the moment I'm very happy with the people, the information I'm learning, and the pay. I have a amazing work life and I feel that my career will blossom at PwC

Lots of opportunities to learn and lead

Experienced Associate (Assurance) (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Proslearning curve, training, opportunities to lead

Conslong hours, pay is low

Advice to Senior ManagementShow employees appreciation

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PwC CEO Robert Moritz. All 4,669 reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees.