PwC
3.5 of 5 4,293 reviews
www.pwc.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

PwC Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees"
    in 211 reviews
  • "It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting"
    in 109 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance is deviated at times (auditing is always a somewhat seasonal business)"
    in 731 reviews
  • "Compensation seems to be disproportionate given the fact that people work long hours"
    in 725 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

PwC is a good on a resume

Experienced Associate (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA

I have been working at PwC

ProsThe opportunity to perform well, move up, then move on!

ConsNo life, no life, no life....and continually working with people who think they are the smartest in the room.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe big joke at PwC is "perception is everything". Management gives too much credit to people who they perceive to be busy. Pay attention to those who are actually working.

Great fun place to work

Advisory Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at PwC

ProsGreat work environment, fun place to work. Perks are definitely a plus, including alternative travel being in advisory. Firm looks out for their employees and definitely notices your accomplishments and rewards you at each appropriate interval and end of the year. Great management and theres always an open line of communication with them regarding what ever questions or concerns you have.

ConsSome benefits on the low end, travel can be alot, even though this might be a plus for some people. You have to work a bit to get assigned to clients and projects that interest you and you have to make it clear to HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more flexibility, pay needs to be slightly increased to match competitors as we always receive offers from competitors with higher pay, yet we stay because we love working for pwc.

Spent 8 years there and overall a positive experience.

Tax Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at PwC

ProsOnce you progress, the work/life balance at PwC becomes very good. It is not the type of place you need to sit around and show face time and most partners are good about letting you dictate your own schedules. It is also a somewhat recession proof company - bonuses may go down but you will still have a decent salary and good benefits.

ConsLike most job, the bonuses should be better. Allocation amongst groups of revenue takes away from successful groups lower ranking employees getting their fair share. Plus, if you sell new business (as in relationship) they don't allocate you much credit - maybe 5 to 10 at year and say it helps with partner admission down the road, never a guaranteed thing. Also, they have a lot of HR overhang - the people just keep coming up with new ways to keep you busy to justify their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementBasically they are doing a good job. They need better incentives though for high performers. You can only get 1 rated so long and then receive a bonus that, all in all, just helps to pay some bills, take a nice vacation, and that does not help a build a nest egg. Many high performers with an entrepreneurial bent wind up leaving - as I did.

Good place to start your career

Advisory Senior Associate (Current Employee)

ProsWork Life Balance and great collegues

ConsCompensation is not competitive compare to similar positions in banks

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Definitely top of the big 4, a solid place to begin your career.

Experienced Audit Associate (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at PwC

ProsPwC has an amazing network of knowledge and resources. They compensate for obtaining your CPA and pay for your testing and study material expenses. They work hard to keep their staff well informed of current issues. Plenty of perks from working in a highly profitable, large firm.

ConsThe heirachy can be frustrating, and the work can be dry. Some clients are more engaging than others so it is frustrating to be stuck on a boring/hard client. The pay is less than other jobs at comperable skill levels. Busy season leaves many employees feeling overworked and underappreicated.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe structure of the firm is solid and fair. The focus on employee satisfaction is appreciated.

Good place to start a career

Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at PwC

ProsOpportunity for future advancement is significant.

ConsWork life balance is difficult to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep blocking and tackling. I am proud to work for PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Work for PwC if you want to advance your career

I have been working at PwC

ProsThe prestige name and reputation. Once you work for 3-6 years, you can pretty much work elsewhere and earn a good living

ConsThe company is not as diverse as other Big Four

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more personal

PwC is a great place to WORK, but work only

Audit Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at PwC

ProsStructured promotions, fast paced learning environment, great name in the industry, very competative compensation and great benefits. The firm promotes further education (but only if it is beneficial to your position). Spending at least 4-5 years at the firm may be just as, if not more, valuable and cheaper then an MBA. The firm promotes constant feedbakc and offers opportunities for employees to move around to different lines of service.

Consfirm politics, structured promotion, long hours, the firm promotes a lot of aspects of its great working environment however few follow through. A large drop off leadership and exposure begininng at manager level. Client site work can often lead to a disconnect with the firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementDemonstrate more leadership, provide more guidance, demonstrating that all your concerned about is your own work is not beneficial to lower level employees trying to learn and follow your path.

Great but Demanding Place to Work

Tax Senior Associate (Current Employee)
Hartford, CT

I have been working at PwC

ProsGreat resume builder and unbelievable training program. You will learn a great deal on the job and you will be surprised how quickly your tax knowledge will progress. It is the best stepping stone to your career as a tax professional.

ConsWork/Life Balance is not the best but you kind of know that going in. They offer a great vacation plan (4 weeks) but as you progress through the ranks the opportunities to use that vacation become less frequent. That being said if you plan and prioritize your life you can fit vacation in but it is not easy.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that work/life balance comes from the top and we need to remember that this is tax consulting not heart surgery.

A great place to gain experience

Audit Associate (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at PwC

ProsYou gain a great deal of experience

ConsHours are very long during busy season

Advice to Senior ManagementImproved staffing and work/life balance

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PwC CEO Robert Moritz. All 283 reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees.