PwC Reviews

3.6
PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz
Robert Moritz
1,484 Ratings

Pros
  • PwC provides a solid work life balance (in 257 reviews)

• You will learn a lot if you have the right people teaching you (in 132 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolute lack of work/life balance consideration (in 930 reviews)

• Long hours but you know when it is going to end (in 866 reviews)

6,533 Employee Reviews

1. Excellent college grad company with a professional, growing and resourceful culture- with greatpay and benefits.

Former Employee - Audit Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Audit Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PwC

Pros

The company was excellent. They were above and beyond my expectations. I was explicitely told everything that was expected of me, what I was to do, what I needed to finish with timelines and deadlines. I was treated equally even though I was at the bottom of the ranking employees, especially since I was an intern. Also, the people I worked with comunicated if I was doing a good job, gave me complicatd tasks, and prased me for good work. I learned so much about audit and the whole engagement process. I really enjoyyed my internship and am doing another one this summer.

Cons

During busy season there are a lot of hours to be worked, but the rest of the year it is more balanced. I think it is worth it though. I do not think that there are many downsides to working for this excellent firm. I do believe that the offices around the nation work together and always are willing to help out someone in a new city that is in one where another office is. I think that it was a little difficult during training sunce it is 2 weeks and there is soooooo much to be learned it was overwhelming. When we actually started the internship it was much less complicated and we had guidance from other associates.

Advice to Management

I worked with several different senior managers, all of whom were excellent. They had the engagements orgainzed well and delegated all the work that needed to be done. We worked efficiently together and I was treated fairly. The senior managers were very organized, professional and willing to help me progress in my internship, learn a lot and have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally.

2. PwC SPA Internship

Former Employee - SPA in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - SPA in Seattle, WA

I worked at PwC

Pros

Work/Life balance, promotion opportunities, the people, office environment, great clients. As an intern I was able to really get a great idea of what I would be doing every day if I accepted the job. I was treated as an actual associate. I was always busy doing things and being useful, not just sitting watching. I was given audit responsibilities that were soley my responsibility which made me feel valued and trusted.

Cons

commute into the city, but really i have not worked there long enough to find any downfalls of the company.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work. as an intern i felt as though everyone tried to reach out to me and help me as well as give great feedback and tips.

3. PwC is a great firm and will get you started in the right direction for the rest of your career.

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at PwC

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility and growth opportunities.

Cons

The travel required and long hours.

Advice to Management

Get to know the staff personally.

5. PwC is one of the best places to work providing opportunity and diversity

Former Employee - Director in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Jose, CA

I worked at PwC

Pros

Opportunity is self directed but with quality coaching Training opportunities are substantial and open ended Experience leads to more experience with top executives and leading companies

Cons

Early entrants will have long hours We work at the client sites which could mean a lot of travel The partner model is not the easiest to work in as there is a tendency to be stratified by rank The up or out model has be repudiated but there are still many aspects in practice

Advice to Management

There is an enormous amount of talent and innovation within the staff which is often overlooked. There is too frequently the behavior that the best ideas come from partners.

PwC is THE place to work - and here's why!

Former Employee - Tax in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Tax in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at PwC

Pros

PricewaterhouseCoopers is an amazing firm to work for. The benefits they provided me while working there two months as an intern were unbelieveable. I felt like I was getting absolute real-world experience, and getting paid for it too! Each day I went to work and did real tax work for real companies. It was not about making copies or getting coffee; they totally trusted me with what I felt was really important work. The internship ended with an amazing event held at Disney World, something that no other accounting firm offers their interns. When they made me an offer to come back and be a tax associate, I had no problem saying yes. PwC rocks!

Cons

I do not really feel that there are any downsides for working at PricewaterhouseCoopers. It is well know in the accounting industry that there are times during the "busy seasons" where the employee will work much more than 40 hours a week and have no free time outside of work, and I do not expect PwC to be any different. The upside to this dilemma though is that they definitely take care of you during the busy seasons and provide gifts and motivators to each of their employees during the busy season time. After busy season wraps up, they encourgage taking time off to recuperate. I can't think of anything better to take care of this industry-wide problem.

Advice to Management

I would definitely thank them for how they handle their interns and how I have heard they handle their employees. While working at PwC as an intern, I had plenty of time to talk with senior management about their experience with the firm and about their experiences with working outside of PwC. Everyone that I talked to said that PwC was the best place to work at in their opinion, and I definitely hold the same opinion.

7. A great place to work!

Current Employee - SPA Manager in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - SPA Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at PwC

Pros

The people, simply put. There may be politics, the people at this firm are the best in class because of what they know, how they do their jobs and how they make sure that quality is infused in every aspect of their work.

Cons

Sometimes the hours and more often the inconsistency in communication at the local level. There is still a "turfiness" to this firm between different areas which affects our ability to effectively compete, but we are still very good at what we do.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the client and break down the internal barriers.

8. PwC is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Tax Partner in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Tax Partner in San Diego, CA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

PwC has an amazing culture that promotes people as fast as their abilities demonstrate they are ready. The opportunities for professional growth are unlimited. We work with the largest and most sophisticated clients in the world and help them solve their most complex challenges. The camaraderie among the professionals at PwC is outstanding. We all help each other and always there for each other. PwC cares about the community as well, encouraging all staff levels to volunteer including during regular work hours, sponsoring community service days, and supporting charities all over the world with dollars and talent.

Cons

PwC clients expect and demand our full commitment, and deservedly so. We are compensated accordingly, and sometimes giving 120% means working some intense hours. It's invigorating but requires energy and stamina. PwC in the US is a "regulated profession" due to Sarbanes Oxley and other regulatory requirements. Sometimes this means a rigid set of rules that can seem stifling. PwC takes its professional responsibilities extremely seriously, and we all feel proud to work in an environment of uncompromising ethical standards even if sometimes the time spent on administrative tasks can seem excessive.

Advice to Management

Be bold in advocating for our clients and our profession.

9. PricewaterhouseCoopers you can bring your life with you!!

Current Employee - Advisory Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Advisory Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Opportunities to travel the world.

Cons

Traveling, work life balance issues.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

10. A great place to work with a fun environment!

Former Employee - Audit Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Audit Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at PwC

Pros

The people in the company are encouraging and proud to be working at PwC. There are many events to foster a happy and healthy relationship between all the employees and it makes working in teams easy. Each day I wanted to go to work because my team made me laugh, but we worked efficiently and had goals for completion each week. Every member knew what their job for the moment was and worked hard to present a positive impression of the company. The senior managements works hard to evaluate you and tell you both your strengths and weaknesses so you know what to continue with and what skills to work on on the audit.

Cons

The hours during busy get very long and all you seem to be doing is working. You might have weeks that you work 60 hours and there is no overtime pay, except to interns, so interning here is an experience that no one should pass up! Eating lunch and dinner as a team is great, but sometimes you might want to have more of a like outside of working. This is the only time there the hours are so bad, during the summer months there is a lot of opportunity for time off. Some teams may not be as fun to work on or be as helpful in teaching you the best ways to audit and this is also a downfall.

Advice to Management

I would tell them that the they do a great job evaluating the performance of employees. The only advice I would give them is to make sure not to make people feel unappreciated for small tasks they accomplish and for the hard work they put in!

11. PwC - great place to work, except compensation

Former Employee - Tax Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in New York, NY

I worked at PwC

Pros

great experience knowledge-sharing environment good feedback great people

Cons

compensation life-work balance during busy season

Advice to Management

pay attention to personal life, too

Showing 6,533 of 6,984 reviews