PwC

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.5 4,715 reviews

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees(in 234 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting(in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage(in 801 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city(in 784 reviews)

4,715 Employee Reviews

Ok for a bit

Audit Senior (Former Employee)

Prosfun people when you have the right team

ConsLong hours, low pay, no appreciation.

Advice to Senior Managementpay your people!!

PwC

Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood work-life balance, well paid, excellent expertise.

ConsBureaucratic, slow to react to opportunity, partners risk averse

Never want to come back

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunities to get exposed to diff clients, lots of training, coaching and very steep learning curve.

ConsWork life balance is always a struggle. Tight deadline, high turnover rate, busy season can be all year round, some jerk managers, hard to get to manager level, pressure to learn about diff client business within very short time, too much pressure, no personal life etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take care of ur employees and treat them properly! I know you have thousands of us here, and u r used to high turn over rate, we r not machine but human being. We put every efforts to meet client deadline, what did we get in the end ? Nothing but just a thank you, u deserves it?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SM

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

Proseasy to get by and lack of accountability

ConsBoring projects and bad culture

Advice to Senior Managementchange!

Great place to learn and grow

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPwC is a great company for people who like to learn and be stretched beyond their comfort zone. As long as you are open to new opportunities, you will learn a lot! The pay is great, and they have made a lot of positive changes around flexibility during the past several years.

ConsYou can be expected to act as an expert in a subject area in which you've had very little experience. This can feel uncomfortable at times. Your experience may also depend heavily on the group with which you work. I loved my group, but I had conversations with many others who,unfortunately, didn't have a supportive and nurturing group. Hours can be long, especially during busy season.

An Amazing Journey for Consulting

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThis company respects professionalism, appreciates talent, and allows you to excel as a consultant. The best part of being part of this company is that it has so many opportunities to grow that you can truly find your strengths and align a career path that best suits your needs and skills.

ConsA highly competitive environment and culture so expect the best out of yourself everyday. The IFS line of service is a great stepping stone but should not be the end game for each employee's mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore one on one communication prior to decision making that impacts teams.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Enviroment and Culture is great. Work life balance is good. You get to work on latest and best of technologies.

ConsIf you know how to market and sell your self all the time, then there are no Cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Good so far!

Advisory Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAn excellent employer - a workplace where you can find opportunities and seize them. Good benefits, good reputation, and interesting work.

ConsYou have to be willing to drive your own career -- the friendly giganticism is not as concerned about you as you will be. Some projects will be great, some not so much; some partners/directors are great and some not so much -- 'tis the nature of consulting.

It's fun if you get a good Project Group

Consultant (Current Employee) Calcutta (India)

ProsThe brand name that the firm provides, along with the responsibility that you are subjected to is thrilling. You are made an integral part of the project from the beginning, irrespective of your designation. If you manage to get a good team, you don't feel like slogging out. There are a number of recreational activities like quizzes, football matches, debates and frequent trips organised by the firm. The leadership is very accessible and you may reach out to them with your personal concerns/issues/feedback.

ConsYou are encouraged to work harder to grow more, but you are pulled back from diversifying across LoS or projects. You may not be trained for the work that you are exposed to, especially if you are a campus hire. The compensation is less when compared to the amount of effort one has to put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore of training sessions, along with better hikes and ratings at the end of the year will be very much appreciated. Every employee should get to choose a project, according to his/her interests and capability and not the other way round. Exceptional work should be acknowledged.

Depending on your MD & his Directors, opportunity is there

Senior Associate - Advisory (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSurrounded by smart people, for the most part
    Upward mobility is there if you are competent
    Although it's a large company, MDs have their own 'business within a business,' so it can feel like a small startup at times
    Not afraid to spend time and money on product training/learning
    Travel

ConsTravel
    Longer hours than most jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice the work-life balance that you preach - look at innovative ways to balance your workforce's w/l mix. Doing so will not only make your employees happier, it will attract top young talent as well. Manage your client's expectations upfront to enable this balance.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!