PwC Reviews

5,049 Reviews

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz
Robert Moritz
1,041 Ratings

Pros
  • No work-life balance during busy season because the nature of assurance work (in 249 reviews)

• I believe any of Big 4 firms is a great place to start your career (in 123 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life Balance does not exist as much as they say they are still working on it (in 864 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city (in 830 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Experience with a Firm that Invests in Your Future

I have been working at PwC full-time

Pros

-People are always willing to help
    -Stability of job
    -Great training opportunities
    -PwC Perks

Cons

-Not as merit based in terms of work; solely rewarded on length of time at firm and level of education/certification

Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at PwC full-time for more than a year

Pros

I guess the exposure was really awesome.
    The brand image is also great.
    You are doing 10 MBA in one go

Cons

Salary is too less as compared to competitors,
    too much travelling takes a toe on you
    limited time to prepare for other things
    family life takes a tol

I think you are not compensated well enough according to your competitors. So perks should be well laid and told in advance.

Assurance Associate

Former Employee - Experienced Associate (Assurance)  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Experienced Associate (Assurance) in Houston, TX

I worked at PwC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dynamic, talented co-workers in a welcoming atmosphere. It was exciting to work with high-profile, industry leading clients. It can be a very hard job because of the hours and deadlines, but incredibly interesting and great place to start your career if you know how to play the game and stay flexible.

Cons

Everyone's experience varies...Either through random initial assignments, or by actively managing your career, you could be on a team with reasonable hours and treated with respect, while 80% of the other teams in that industry group could expect to always be on call, to have hours, assignments, and work sites changing constantly, and would have to indulge in their worst vices in order to cope with unreasonable hours and poor interpersonal management. You have to network constantly to ensure you can work on teams which will broaden your skill set, and more importantly, build relationships with higher level co-workers with a similar work style/ethic or you are cannon fodder.

More management training for every promotion level, especially for Senior Associates & Managers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PwC experience

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is a great company to start your career and build your foundation. You are always worth a lot more in the market. There is a vast pool of knowledge that one can utilize for their personal development.

Cons

The pay is low
    There is discrimination in the U.A.E market in terms of your nationality and race. Your progression is 30% dependent on your deliverables at work and 70% on your personal discrimiation.
    The work-life balance is nil.

Big name and worth working there

I worked at PwC as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very organized, and great training! Challenging but rewarding work. Supervisors are usually very nice.

Cons

Lots of work and lots of excel. if you hate looking at spreadsheet, never apply to big four you will hate it.

Pick another Big 4 if you can... for work and business

Former Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory
    Former Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory

I worked at PwC full-time

Pros

- respected name
    - big company perks

Cons

- poor quality of work
    - employees overworked
    - firm is understaffed
    - pay is low

Understaffed and underpaid audit teams produce low quality work, and it's not going to be long before this starts impacting the business. Fix this!

Smart people, interesting work, crazy hours

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing benefits and a very strong, talented workforce. Lots of support from the center and unique technology/tools. Prestigous client base assures challenging and interesting assignments.

Cons

Hours are very long and few support truely disconnecting on vacations/holidays. Work life balance is not respected. Internal workers (i.e. HR, M&S, Operations, Finance) treated as second class both in pay and in respect.

The business model needs to adjust to accommodae the work expectations of a changing workforce - i.e. millennials - and ALL employees need to be respected and valued.

PwC

Current Employee - Tax Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity to work with and learn from the best in Tax; clients are Fortune 500, great networking opportunities; chance to act as the leader of an engagement early on in your career; work on proposals and other challenging work

Cons

Long hours including on the weekends; hours would not be as hard to deal with if the pay was comparable.

Avoid and go for any other big 4 (Deloitte is great)

Former Employee - Auditor  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Auditor in San Jose, CA

I worked at PwC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training- looks good on your resume- get a chance to work with different teams and clients-a lot of resources available

Cons

San Jose office is horrible. As soon as I joined I was working until 2AM including weekends. There is no work life balance. Actually you even destroy yourself and your life as well as your health by being there. They make sure you move from busy client to another busy one. They did not even assign a coach for me and I did not have any coach until I resigned. This office has a very high turnover so every one really leave. May be other offices are better but I had a really bad experience. The first time I met the HR, I was really happy as I wanted to talk to her about my goals and the clients I am interested in, but unfortunately, she said " oh these things you can talk to your coach about and for your schedule you can talk to the scheduler. I just wanted to meet you to say hello". I was really upset as I did not have a coach and she knew that and she did not want to listen to me. She just wanted to say hello. As such I was more than happy to say goodbye .

Please care about your employees. I know revenue is the most important thing for you (achieved by having long hours) but it cost you more when employees leave. Also please change the way you choose your HR

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Learn a lot of things in the company and meet difernet people

Cons

Bad payment and non balance life work

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!