PwC Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

6,550 Employee Reviews

PwC, a great place to build a network.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PwC

Pros

PwC was good at teaching people a way of analytically thinking for those who wanted to learn.

Cons

There was sometimes pressure to eat your hours in order to meet budgets. Additionally, there were some promotions which I did not feel were earned.

Advice to Management

Your staff evaluations are not the most fair. It is driven largely by those who have a louder voice. If a person with a loud voice likes you, you will more than likely do well. If not, good luck.

2. PwC is definitely a good work environment for accounting professionals.

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Colleagues are great. Management very communicative.

Cons

Can be stressful work environment.

Advice to Management

conduct more team meetings/more regular basis.

PwC offers amazing opportunities to update your resume with new experiences from every client engagement.

Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

PwC offers unprecedented client experience straight out of college in the advisory line of service. Me and my colleagues immediately began working with our clients and traveling around the country. Networking opportunities are second to none and I will certainly be leveraging my relationships with client management as I continue to advance in my career at PwC or elsewhere. Simply put, you get paid to learn the industry and to provide consulting services to the most prestigious companies in the world. Every new project can be viewed as an opportunity to add something new to your personal resume.

Cons

The audit and tax side is heavily affected by long, tedious overtime hours. The advisory side is not impacted as much due to a lack of a "busy season". On the technology side, I very rarely work more than 40-50 hours per week. Biggest problem with PwC is that you can sometimes feel like a small fish in a big ocean. It's easy to get lost in the crowd, and even easier to be overlooked in respect to recognition for outstanding client service, which leads to pay increase and even promotions. There is internal political drama at most big companies, and PwC is no different.

Advice to Management

PwC prides themselves on work/life balance and flexibility when it comes to taking time off. The problem is that our consulting model is based client utilization (how many hours per week you are actually billing to a client), and utilization numbers are the primary driver for individual year-end performance and compensation rewards. Our allotted vacation and holidays are not subtracted from the overall yearly hours, so the system passively rewards those who do not take vacation or holidays and end up working and thus billing our clients. If I am at 80% utilization yearly utilization with 3 months left before my performance review, and my utilization goal is 85%, I am forced to put in extra hours and cancel my vacation plans to meet those goals. Management will never actively encourage you to do this, but a smart resource knows that if they want a chance at a higher rating when compared to a party of their peers (and thus a higher raise/bonus), they will "do what they need to do" to hit that goal. If I earn 3 weeks of vacation a year, not taking those 3 weeks gives me a chance to earn an extra 5.7% utilization, which can certainly make the difference between being rated as "Exceptional" or "Higher than Expected".

5. Fun place to work for everyone

Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Fun place to work for everyone

Cons

Lots of long long hours

Advice to Management

Fun place to work for everyone

6. Opportunities there for the taking

Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

The Firm provides plenty of promotion opportunities and room for advancement for those who are willing to work hard and who are motivated to succeed. Working for PwC provides a detailed career path; there is very little chance of getting stuck in a position with no upward mobility, there are plenty of challenges there for the taking. Additionally, as a employee in my mid-20's, it is nice to work with a wide range of people who are predominantly the same age as myself. This makes for a great social atmosphere, and people are able to relate to each other's experiences.

Cons

Tasks can be monotonous, dealing with difficult clients, many deadlines.

Advice to Management

Continue to ensure that good feedback is provided to employees.

7. Great place to work

Current Employee - Tax Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Right from the start, the other employees give you opportunities to progress in your career. There also is a variety of work available for every associate. Promotion is quick to those who put in the time needed.

Cons

You have to work a lot of hours.

Advice to Management

New associates need time to understand the logistics associated with working for this company. I would recommend giving some time to help them figure out the proper procedure and technique to be successful.

8. N/a.

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Great coaching environment and personal development opportunities.

Cons

Work is not spread evenly throughout year.

Advice to Management

N/a.

9. Great place to launch your career!

Current Employee - IAS Associate in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - IAS Associate in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at PwC

Pros

The people are extremely accepting and fun to work with. They provide little perks, such as PwC fleeces when signing on, at different points in your career.

Cons

The work/life balance is little skewed. Other than that, PwC is a great place to work. Just stay focused and work hard at your job and the sky is the limit.

Advice to Management

Try to work with the lower staff rather than dictate. All in all, the senior management are great! I felt as though even before I started I would be able to look to these people for advice at all points in my career.

10. Happy at PwC!

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros

flexibilty to work where and when you need to. face time is not an issue.

Cons

We work very hard because we are in the client service business.

Advice to Management

keep communicating with employees in a truthful manner

11. PWC Director

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Great lifestyle and high pay

Cons

Need to travel a lot

Advice to Management

More vacation

Showing 6,550 of 7,036 reviews