PwC

Updated Jul 2, 2014

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

123 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work and bulid relationships...

Experienced Audit Associate (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsA lot of options if you are high performer
    Very friendly people and everybody wants you to succeed

ConsHard to switch LoS
    Promotions take longer than other Big 4

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salary
    Increase capacity during busy season

Bait and Switch

Advisory Associate (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsHigh pay for what the work was. They have great benefits. The on boarding experience was amazing. They clearly weren't shy about spending money on us, and making sure we were happy!

ConsThe work was mind numbing. Really should have been a computer program instead. In consulting, you actually have to job hunt within the job, sell yourself to get on good projects. At the time I was hired, they hired a lot of extra people knowing they just temporarily needed to stick them on these terrible government projects. These projects would built zero business skills. Once the government project was over, it would be very hard to ever get on another good project. They sold it as a consulting job, however, it was more like a contract job for one crapy never ending project that sucked up a high % of the all of the additional entry level hires that year.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont hire people to scroll pdfs and check boxes in excel, travel to a dead end project in the middle of nowhere 6 days a week.

Good for first work experience, becomes a sales job once you rise the ranks

Advisory Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsFun and inclusive culture, lots of benefits. In theory opportunity to move around a lot, and try different roles. Good for anyone looking for breadth of experiences, especially if new to the working world.

ConsOnce a Manager work can become more about securing extensions and incremental revenue versus delivering quality work. Under the wrong Partner / Manager you can be treated like a cog in a massive wheel.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on quality of delivery in the MAP process (work paper audit) and client feedback versus just checking the compliance box.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a good company to work. Please avoid

Senior Associate - Advisory (Current Employee)

ProsGood Package, Free meal, Travelling, Drinking, meeting people

ConsWork-life balance sucks, Health issue. You join in the company telling there are projects in pipeline. If you are lucky you are in a project and they will suck all the juice out of you (14 - 18 hrs work but salary of 8 hrs). If you are not on a project then you are on a long time paid vacation and after few months they will fire you. No long term visibility. Don't join if you are looking for Technology Consulting. I cannot speak for Auditing, Tax and Assurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get some win project.

Great Place to Start A Career

Risk Assurance Associate (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsSo many opportunities and great clients.

ConsA bit lower of a salary that I anticipated, but the opportunities for bonuses and such are awesome.

Great starting point

Audit Associate (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Prosgreat culture, great people, many different opportunities within the firm and after leaving, paid cellphone bills, paid vacation days, unlimited sick days

Consstructured promotions, people are promoted based on years of service not work quality

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the culture, keep working on promoting flexibility, especially during busy season

Terrible work-life balance

Audit Associate (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Prostraining is good and the brilliant people start their career there

Conswork-life balance is non-existent, they don't take into consideration your career , just fill out jobs

Great Place to Intern

San Francisco, CA

ProsI enjoyed the opportunity to work along some of the best of the business. Everyone at the office was very friendly, and interesting. Everyone, even the partners, were very accessible and willing to mentor. I learned a lot, and PwC treated us to a Giants game and Disney World to celebrate our full time offers.

ConsI cannot think about any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, Bob Moritz is a great chairman.

Nice place

Audit Associate (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsNice place to learn and grow

ConsLow pay, work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salary

Great exposure to clients, great for learning technical skills, but very challenging work

Tax Associate (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsI've had the opportunity to meet executives of large, high-profile companies, and I have been able to perform work with very visible impacts.

ConsThe hours are long, recognition for strong work is limited, and employees above manager don't consider staff opinions.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd want them to do a better job of recognizing their employees and the value that they add to the company. I recently completed a very complex and technical consulting project, and my manager got all the cred, even though I conceptualized, designed, and implemented the entire thing.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC reviews and ratings in San Francisco, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PwC CEO Robert Moritz. All 123 reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees.