PwC Reviews

Reset

1. Working for a community hospital

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Pablo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Pablo, CA

I worked at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at a non-profit community hospital was great because you have the chance to give back

Cons

Financial stability was always an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep working at engaging the staff

Too political, work not interesting at all.

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Advisory in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate, Advisory in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big company, lots of mobility oppotunities

Cons

if you're not visible - you won't get promoted even if you work 100+ hours a week

3. Great place to work if you are looking for tier 2 consulting and if you are a go getter

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities and talent around you to learn from.

Cons

Most decisions are made based on who you know and what your network is.

Advice to Management

Make sure all employees are considered for growth and are informed on their compensation decisions

5. Felt like a number. Boring work.

Former Intern - Tax in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Tax in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PwC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Meet great people in other groups besides my own. The office had a great view. Internship experience seemed to be a realistic representation of what full time would be like.

Cons

Boring work and somewhat mindless work... Counted pages of tax returns. Virtually no group work. No concern for work life balance.

Advice to Management

Better training and onboarding procedures for interns and new hires.

6. assurance intern

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PwC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-work and life balance -competitive pay -big name in the accounting industry -nice colleagues and good projects

Cons

-The office is big, so you might not have chances to talk to a lot of people -Managers and upper level are not approachable

7. Awesome People, Tough Work

Current Intern - IT Risk Assurance in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - IT Risk Assurance in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PwC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were down to earth, incredibly real, and awesome to hang out with. I enjoyed almost all of the individuals I worked with.

Cons

IT Risk Assurance was not for me. The work wasn't very rewarding and while management was understanding, you can push your career path on their terms.

Advice to Management

Partner-worship was very annoying. It's like they were gods.

BCG and McKenzie hours for no pay

Current Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have nothing really great to say about this company. I've been with them for two years. I helped build a now-thriving service offering within our practice, and the only thing I got out of it was a laughable bonus and some practice with financial modeling.

Cons

Terrible comp for hours worked (read: less than minimum wage when you account for number of hours worked), no respect for employee work-life balance (work nights and weekends regularly, have been harassed by managers after a 20 hour weekend for requesting an additional three hours on a Sunday night), less-than-brilliant management, and partners who genuinely don't care about their staff's well-being.

Advice to Management

If your business model requires you to treat your employees (especially those who bring substantial value in terms of engagement economics) like s***, at least pay us well. I can handle being talked down to, but it's not worth it for what I'm paid.

9. Great place to start your career

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PwC offers great exposure to learn and grow when your early in your career. Having a name like PwC on a resume is a really great big help, everyone loves BIG 4 alumni! Great opportunities to work with various different clients and people, thus expanding your network and helping to build strong relationships that will benefit and help you later on in your career. I definitely learnt allot in my time there and am grateful to the firm for all I learnt as well as what I learnt about myself.

Cons

The work/life balance and financial benefits are not as rewarding for the time, energy and effort you put in. Otherwise no other cons.

Poor Work/Life Balance, Boring, Unsatisfying Work

Current Employee - Risk Assurance Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Risk Assurance Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PwC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PwC is a huge company so there is tons of opportunity to learn and work for a lot of different clients. Decent salary Good bonus structure

Cons

Unexpected travel - they'll just tell you you have to be somewhere for weeks or months at a time and you don't get a say in it Awful office conditions/presence. If you are in the office (which a lot of people rarely ever are), you'll be sitting at a cubicle not speaking to anyone. No "culture" to speak of. No sense of teamwork with other emnployees.

Advice to Management

Stop treating this like a corporate bureaucracy. It isn't fun to work here because of the awful culture you've created.

From Exec Asst to Manager

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PwC is a place full of very talented people who are driven to do more. There are great opportunities for learning and advancement if you dive in. There are wonderful benefits, compensation is strong and vacation and other holidays are great.

Cons

I wish that the consultants would take a look at some of the internal processes. That brain power is saved for external clients and while understandable, it creates a gap in the excellence that could be improved on internally. Depending on team or mid-level leaders, the drive for excellence can lead to a culture of burn out. The growth targets also build a bit of this overdrive into the system. Good self-care is crucial for lasting contribution.

Advice to Management

Apply some of the client service focus to the process of absence and leave management internally to bring even more loyalty and trust among employees who face challenging times.

Showing 164 of 7,319 reviews