PwC

PwC Reviews in San Jose, CA

Updated Jul 13, 2014

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees(in 234 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting(in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage(in 801 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city(in 784 reviews)

131 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Manager

Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsPlenty of opportunities and constant development of skills. Diversity. Great training program

Conssignificant workload, administrative tasks, stringent regulatory environment

Advice to Senior Managementbetter execution of many people orianted ideas

Great place to work

Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsYou work with lots of great people both inside the firm and with your clients.
    Constantly changing environment, always more to learn.

ConsRegulators are taking some of the fun away.
    Getting harder and harder to add value to your clients due to ever increasing requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease and improve the communication to clients about what the increased pressure on audit quality is going to mean to their audit specifically.

Good to get your feet wet, but not the place to retire (unless you are admitted)

Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsClient service is a great place to get your feet wet but not. Internal positions provide great work/life balance, but less experience. PwC has the right long term vision, but continually trip getting there.

ConsNo career progression unless you are client service (but they don't have work/life balance). Vacation/holiday time is decent, if you can take it. Salary may cut it, but raises and bonus aren't good lately as business hasn't met goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and realize where the business is going. Time to retool!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, good way for experienced mid-career folks to branch out

Advisory Senior Associate (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsPeople are incredibly supportive, benefits are comparable with the rest of the valley, variety of work is nothing you'll find anywhere else (except another consulting group).

ConsWork/life balance. Everything you heard about working for a consulting company is true. The travel will be extensive and the hours will be grueling.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work... maybe work on keeping the hours a bit more reasonable.

it was a great job/career path for someone freshly graduated from college

Senior Associate (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsDeep learning curve. Fast promotion. Great training program. Overall it is the best job for someone graduated from college

Consvery demanding working hours. Normally it ranges from 10 to 14 hours day. You change from client to client. sometimes it feels less stable. plus travel out of town work demands lots of time away from home

A professional organization for professional services

Director (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsPwC is a highly professional organization with world class infrastructure and organizational setup. Integrity is key at this organization and is often communicated internally.

ConsPeople are the key assets of this organization. Poor HR support undermines the efforts of the company to nurture and retain talents. Many talented people have left the firm due to uncertainty with their career prospects

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople retention starts with a world class HR

Lots and lots of tax experience.

Accountant (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsYou learn a lot and are exposed to many, many, tax rules. Your career has the potential to advance twice as fast as if you were in industry.

ConsYou have to work a lot of hours in order to shine, your utilization (chargeable hours) is a tool people are always useing to compare themselves to each other. The result is peple trying to one-up each other and we all end up working a lot more. (PwC managemnt is genius for that!) It is not impossible to escape that game, but you have to be someone that id very, very, smart and whose technical skills are above and beyond. (So you gotta be 1 of 100.)

Advice to Senior ManagementYou dont need advice, you know what you are doing.

Two years and out

Associate (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsExperience, reputation, and overall work

ConsCulture and employee retain practices

just another body

Experienced Audit Associate (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Prosgreat starting pay right out of college
    fairly flexible

Consyou are just one of the masses
    they work you to death, will full knowledge that they have a high attrition rate

Advice to Senior Managementtry caring about your staff a little more

Great experience, lots of hours

Senior Associate (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Prosgreat people and opportunities to learn and grow

Consexpect at least 50 hours a week and up to 80 when it's busy

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire additional staff

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!