PwC

5,425 Reviews

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz
Robert Moritz
1,159 Ratings

Pros
  • No work-life balance during busy season because the nature of assurance work (in 257 reviews)

• You learn a lot about how to run complex businesses in fast-changing environments (in 132 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life Balance does not exist as much as they say they are still working on it (in 930 reviews)

• Long hours that often keep me at the office or working from home late at night (in 866 reviews)

More Highlights

147 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Prestige is not worth it

Former Employee - Audit Associate in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Audit Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a lot of structure, policies, and procedures, guidelines make it helpful and the departments are well allocated so you know who to go to for what
    Formal coaching program

Cons

Absolutely no work life balance
    Lots of hours
    Poor culture, quantity of hours more important than efficiency and quality of time spent

Avoid and go for any other big 4 (Deloitte is great)

Former Employee - Auditor in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Auditor in San Jose, CA

I worked at PwC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training- looks good on your resume- get a chance to work with different teams and clients-a lot of resources available

Cons

San Jose office is horrible. As soon as I joined I was working until 2AM including weekends. There is no work life balance. Actually you even destroy yourself and your life as well as your health by being there. They make sure you move from busy client to another busy one. They did not even assign a coach for me and I did not have any coach until I resigned. This office has a very high turnover so every one really leave. May be other offices are better but I had a really bad experience. The first time I met the HR, I was really happy as I wanted to talk to her about my goals and the clients I am interested in, but unfortunately, she said " oh these things you can talk to your coach about and for your schedule you can talk to the scheduler. I just wanted to meet you to say hello". I was really upset as I did not have a coach and she knew that and she did not want to listen to me. She just wanted to say hello. As such I was more than happy to say goodbye .

Please care about your employees. I know revenue is the most important thing for you (achieved by having long hours) but it cost you more when employees leave. Also please change the way you choose your HR

Very Disappointing Experience

Current Employee - Audit Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Still trying to figure this out

Cons

Fear based performance metrics, anyone in management has only worked within the firm so they completely lack perspective. Average age is 21 so that totally sucks too...who want to build a network full of millennials.

Pay a Living Wage! I made more money as a bartender.

Current Employee - Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Still trying to figure out...

Cons

The pay is so undermarket for this area, I live with roommates, drive an old car and STILL struggle to buy groceries.

Pay a living wage! This is impossible to show up to work while I am so hungry!

Over worked for what you can make in industry

Current Employee - Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You learn a lot about accounting

Cons

The problem with PwC is that if you want to have a life or a family this isn't the place. PwC is full of people that are committed to their work and/or want to land a sweet job somewhere else after making manager

Terrible place to work

Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exposure to a lot of work, industries, ambitious people

Cons

NO work-life balance, cut throat environment.

Best Place To Work? What a Joke

Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

It's very easy to advance within PwC. The only people who stick around are people who can't get jobs elsewhere, so it's easy to look good compared to people who have been there longer than you. If you're motivated it's pretty easy to be an all-star.

Cons

Work life balance does not exist. Grossly underpaid for the hours worked. Don't even dare try to calculate your hourly wage. Unless you like working 80 hours a week and booking 60 of those so that your manager and partner don't get pissed for destroying the budget, look elsewhere. There are a number of firms in the area who will respect your contributions much more. At the San Jose PwC office you're just a number. There's a reason that turnover in this office is hovering between 35 and 40% right now.

Management should consider listening to employees and addressing issues within the company. Stop holding office-wide events to discuss all of the improvements that are "coming" and actually do something.

This is a high pressure workplace. I actually left before 2005.

I worked at PwC

Pros

Classy firm outings, polite management and superiors, anonymous upwards feedback program to superiors, the firm solicits your take on your performance at review time.

Cons

Surprise evening overtime, not being able to count on leaving at a set time, work requestors fighting to have their request done first.

Break the office down into subunits to give a more friendly small firm atmosphere. Instead of having a department of a couple people serve the whole office, have a few people serve one fraction, another few serve another fraction of the office.

Get your experience, then run for the door

Current Employee - Assurance Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Assurance Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Opportunity to work with a number of different companies and number of different areas within accounting and finance.

Cons

Inhumane work hours with NO overtime pay (on top of already low pay).
    Benefits are not nearly as great as management thinks.

PWC

I worked at PwC

Pros

It is a great learning experience and will help open a lot of doors for you after you are done working at PWC

Cons

The hours are very long and there is not a lot of respect for employees. People are rarely treated like "people."

Your employees work very hard and should be treated with a lot of respect