PwC Reviews

Reset
4.1
PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz
Robert Moritz

Pros
  • PwC provides a solid work life balance (in 257 reviews)

• You will learn a lot if you have the right people teaching you (in 132 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolute lack of work/life balance consideration (in 930 reviews)

• Long hours but you know when it is going to end (in 866 reviews)

1. Great place to grow your career at any stage

Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

Great people and plenty of opportunity to grow your career in any direction that suits you. High standards for staff; flexible work practices (note: this does not mean light hours, they do expect you to put in a lot of time), quality leaders.

Cons

Really none...but this is probably the best professional services firm in the world, so be prepared to work hard. If you are looking for a 40 hour/week job you are looking in the wrong place.

Advice to Management

Keep running the business the same way.

2. Full Time hire

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at PwC (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company with big clients.

Cons

Long Hours and no flexibility during busy season.

3. Great start for fresh out of college professionals

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PwC is a great place to start for those just coming out of college. I did the internship program and received a job offer through that path. You work with some genuinely smart people (and in my experience very nice people) who will help you excel in your career. It's also a great resume builder. The company takes care of their employees.

Cons

They claim there is mobility but it can be very difficult to move about in the company which means you can get pretty bored after a few years doing the same work day to day. Management doesn't want to find new people so they tend to really dislike letting their people go. Work/life balance differs from team to team. Some teams are flexible as far as time off, but I know of teams where it's highly frowned upon to take leave. Some also have very intense hours. You are expected to work a lot overtime.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible in allowing your personnel to seek new opportunities to grow as professionals. Don't let your people remain in the same place for too long if they want to move as this decreases their motivation and satisfaction.

Good place to start career

Current Employee - Assurance Intern in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Assurance Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

Work with a lot of intelligent people your age and the company has some of the best training programs.

Cons

Summer interns do not get much work due to seasonal aspects.

6. Get ready to work hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

High expectations, high level of transparency. I appreciate the real-time feedback culture

Cons

Long hours, Flexibility is there, but it doesn't mean less hours.

7. Advisory Intern

Current Intern - Management Consulting Intern in Washington, DC
    Current Intern - Management Consulting Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at PwC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great Internship, was able to contribute to the team -People really want to help you out and help you learn and grow -Lots of fun activities go on -Great pay and experience

Cons

-As an intern, there aren't any -Most people at the company complain about the busy season for assurance and say that advisory is much better.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything

8. PwC Associate - Manager Review

Current Employee - Pwc in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Pwc in Washington, DC

Pros

Offers autonomy in career direction. Rewarded for performance, not tenure.

Cons

Often requires extensive and consistent travel obligations.

Risk Assurance

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

quality driven, flexible working schedule, pick up skills quick, multiple workstreams, client facing opportunities, communication skills required, project management skills required, good benefits (among big 4)

Cons

pay is not competitive, long hours,

Experienced Associate - Advisory

Current Employee - Experienced Associate - Advisory in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Experienced Associate - Advisory in Washington, DC

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- People are great; environment is very supportive and collaborative - Campus Hire orientation in Orlando is a lot of fun and helps you meet a lot of life-long friends

Cons

- Required to work 350 hours over standard per year (on top of standard 8-hour days) - Very little influence on which projects you end up on - Difficult to move to different projects/sectors within the firm - Work in the Public Sector is almost entirely Project Management; not a lot of strategic or challenging projects

Great place to work!

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work! I work with people daily that have a "give a crap" factor in what we do. The norm here is to work hard, play hard. Just like any other big 4, a lot of how happy you are depends on the market team you are a part of, and the styles of your direct leadership. Overall, I have found a supportive atmosphere and have had the opportunity to move into different roles, both client facing, and internally. Compared to my experience with other companies, PwC is superior in supporting movement into other areas within the firm, domestic mobility, global mobility, and the like. It would serve you well to get involved and know people here. Sure, relationships are important at PwC, but really, where are relationships not important? PwC tries very hard to be transparent about things that will impact employees (i.e. the new PwC Professional performance management system), and communicates pretty well about current firm events/compliance matters. They've worked hard to streamline communications by developing "PwC News" and allowing us to look at the headlines that have meaning to us. PwC strives to be fair and being smart and a hard worker is the norm here, not the exception.

Cons

Over burdensome administrative processes due to out-of-date technology. We are still signing paper timesheets although the new process will begin in July. We are still on Lotus Notes and can't always effectively sync calendars from other mail clients. Some of the processes that we say that we must do because we serve Federal clients, can really be streamlines. Other Big 4's have figured out how to do these things 10 years ago...come on guys, we aren't THAT special. There are different standards across the firm. Acting like a Sr. Associate in one market team, could be acting like a manager in another, or vice versa. Just like every other consulting firm, working long hours is the norm...don't work here (or any other consulting firm), if you want a 40 hour work week.

Advice to Management

Improve Administrative and technological functionality so that we don't have to spend 30% of every day on administrative items. Do a better job helping your staff to get the development opportunities they need to get to the next level.

Showing 123 of 7,353 reviews