Pyramid Healthcare

1. Good, but bad!

Current Employee - Mobile Assessor in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Mobile Assessor in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great place for quick advancement and positive work environment!

Cons

Disappointed with their projected budgets for certain positions and lack of benefit accrual if working 12 months a year!

Advice to Management

Increase your budgets for positions and add more vacation days! Also, for Masters level positions, should not make bachelor's level salary!

2. Behavioral health technician

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time

Pros

Helping others during their recovery from addiction. Providing necessary tools for their continued recovery in a manner that is specifically for them.

Cons

Many employees call off, then the reliable employees that come in when scheduled are seemingly punished for the wrong of others that are not reprimanded by being automatically scheduled double shifts...16 hours...for straight time not over time. Minimal staff present during shifts. Often short staffed. Not exhausting work but exhausting work conditions.

Advice to Management

Provide a shift differential for working second shift so that employees are not calling off but will value coming into work for the additional money per hour. Also rotate weekends and shifts throughout full time staff and utilize part time staff for weekends and to fill gaps unless they are willing to pay overtime to full time.

3. Poor benefits

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time

Pros

The clients are great to work with as are co-workers. Help people deal with mental health and addiction issues.

Cons

Two weeks unpaid vacation, no sick time, no personal days, no holidays. Must meet weekly billable hours to get medical benefits, if don't meet insurance gets dropped.

5. Decent Job but CEO needs to be more hands on

Former Employee - Behavioral Tech
    Former Employee - Behavioral Tech

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most management employees get a car with all expenses paid and a corporate card for expenses.

Cons

As a behavioral tech we don't get any of those perks. We get minimal raises (if any) and no overtime. I heard from several employees about someone in marketing bragging about all the golf he gets to play with his job and that he is not accountable for any reports or where he is on a daily basis. I was also told that most of our facilities are fed by the IOP's we own. As behavioral techs we are on the front line and its not easy work. Someone needs to wake up and compensate those of us who are trying to do the right thing for our patients.

Advice to Management

More recognition needs to be made for those of us who are working and taking care of patients in treatment.

6. Wonderful and disappointing.

Former Employee - Behavioral Healthcare Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Behavioral Healthcare Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

It was a pleasure working with individuals who were seeking to improve the quality of their lives by living without the use of drugs or alcohol. The company held to behavioral and ethical values that employees incorporated in the everyday challenge that exist between client and employee relationships. I learned a lot about myself, gaining personal growth thru helping these individuals to help themselves.

Cons

The CEO puts decision-making in the control of respective directors' of their facilities without the foresight to review upper-level managers and their judgements to their determination in their procedures of said say over facts. Poor employee and management relationships.

Advice to Management

When considering all imported information to review, it is more wisely to reflect with life experience on the said and unsaid information rather then the words of an employee who may be or may not be ethically correct in their decision making.

Great Place

Former Employee - Health Information Tech in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Health Information Tech in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management encouirages you and gives you more stuff to do

Cons

The hardest thing was all the management we went thru when I first got there

Set for failure professionally and obstacles to team development.

Former Employee - Counselor in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free parking if you get there early.

Cons

Rapid turnover in staffing. Within six months 8 of 12 counselors positions changed, 6 due to staff quitting and two terminations. Supervisor talks about staff members to other staff members creating a hostile environment. Those staff that fall for this ruse that they are somehow special then become informants for anything said by fellow employees. Too much time working uncompensated due to being on a salary. Some staff have 1.5x as much work as other staff. Director has lost all humility and has focus on the company bottom line as it is a for profit agency. The position has gone completely to her head. Upper management paid for an anonymous survey but completed ignored the results. His personal way of reaching out to staff was to ask in staff meeting, in front of Director and supervisor, how each of us were doing. Not a tactic that supports open dialogue.

Advice to Management

Examine staff turnover. Attempt to complete exit interviews. Supervise your clinical supervisors and site Directors. Care more about the program then how it is doing financially.

Lack of professionalism and leadership

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients who are trying to get clean and sober

Cons

Poor individualized treatment, lack of insight into therapeutic modalities. One size fits all mentality in regards to client. Too much emphasis on group settings. They will have 30+ clients in one group and expect treatment to occur and appear sincerely shocked at the high relapse rate.

Advice to Management

Focus on client needs.

My experience with Pyramid was mixed.

Former Employee - Counselor in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great to work with and everyone tries to help each other out. Everyone works hard to provide the best quality of care to clients. The programs offered are great.

Cons

High turnover rates and continual changes to program formats and times make it difficult to stay positive. It also disrupts treatment for many clients.

Advice to Management

Not only ask the staff what ideas they have, but make them feel heard and try to balance for profit with the services that are offered.

set up for failure at every turn

Current Employee - Clinician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good health insurance at good cost

Cons

lack of empoyee bonding or morale due to clinical supervisor repeating what is said in private to fellow employees, the director in house is either clueless or right out lying on many occaisions. Main director not concerned with employee work load, stress, or morale as long the company is making profit. Salary is set at 40 hour work week which is diminished when the work week is consistenly 45-50 hours in order to remain in compliance.

Advice to Management

be more reasonable about is expected. the work can be done or it can be good, but at the average caseload it cannot be both.

RSS Feed </> Embed