Pyramid Hotel Group

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard M. Kelleher

Great place to grow in hospitality field

Bartender (Former Employee) Newton, MA

ProsMy co-workers were great here. I worked for the bar (Bokx 109) inside the Hotel Indigo in Newton. Management was great and everyone worked toward a common goal.

ConsSummer position ended and wasn't offered a full time position. Hotel Management can be picky at times when you try to lounge after your shift

Advice to Senior ManagementI would have preferred more responsibility, as a level headed individual I knew how to conduct myself on the premises.

Long Hours, low pay, and workplace politics

Management (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood opportunity to get your foot in the door of the industry or a particular department... however, I think this is just because the wages are low and they're willing to accept less experienced people to maintain a lean payroll. Get in, gain experience and get out before they chew you up. I've heard properties other than Denver are better but I wouldn't know. Benefits are ok.

ConsThey expect a lot out of their employees and don't compensate us for it. Low wages, long hours, stressfully low staffing levels, literally 0 training, few incentive programs, employee appreciation is nonexistent, work/life balance is terrible. They seem to take advantage of capable employees. If you're overqualified or hardworking you get abused and, in my case and many of my colleagues, really burned out. I've watched them treat great people like crap while reserving promotions and higher salaries for those with connections to the corporate office. It's well understood at this property that if you're not in the club you shouldn't expect opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not here to offer advice, just warnings to prospective employees.

Front Desk

Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsBusy days go by fast

ConsSome guests are extremely rude and demanding, days can be very stressful

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Management

G S A (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat benefits and Employee incentives.

ConsNot much room for advancement if you are a Hotel employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Wonderful Company to Work For

Human Resources (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits for team members! They really care for their employees and make sure they know it. There is a lot of opportunity to grow with this company and move all over the nation if you want it.

ConsThere really are not any cons to working for this company. I just wish more hotels were in our portfolio, but we are growing every day!

Over Managed

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsVariety of different types of hotel and brands

ConsSenior leadership tends to micromanage

Good Organization.

Acquisitions (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsPrivate. Strong Leaders. Depth of Brand experience. Multiple layers of opportunities to grow.

ConsCommunication. A "need to know basis."

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate amongst departments / divisions.

Crazy hours, little reward, programs in place to recognize employees but fail to do so

Front Office Agent (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsGreat way to gain experience in the hospitality industry

ConsBudget is stressed too much. Employees are not valued as people or assets

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the talent you currently have. Communicate more with employees

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFair Base salery and bonus. Small, but growing company. Full benefits offered but no 401K match. Units located throught the United States

Cons1 week vacation for 1st year of employment, bonus paid out 1 time per year, very top down upper management style. little to no autonomy. Upper management likes to micromanage unit level decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach. The management position was billed as "you are the CEO of your business unit". This clearly is not the case.

Worked for Pyramid Hotel Group? Contribute to the Community!