QPS Employment Group

Don't waste your time

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Appleton, WI

I worked at QPS Employment Group

Pros

Nothing to be honest with you. Front desk person is polite and helpful but that is about it.

Cons

Applied for position, tested and passed for position. During interview was asked if i was sure i wanted the position i applied for considering i am female. Said yes i applied because "Hey i do this kind of work already". Was told as soon as a position opens they will contact me asap. Next day my husband applies for same position, no experience at all and he gets the job, neighbor goes 2days later again he has never done this type of job and boom gets hired. I get a call later that day asking if i would like a retail job or call center job. Are you freaking kidding me. Never worked either of those in my life and you want to place me in those jobs at $8 below what i make. What a waste of time this place is.

Get new Talent management for Appleton location.

WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR

I have been working at QPS Employment Group

Pros

The people in my local office are awesome they are very nice they help with an questions that may arise.

Cons

One of the ladies in Illinois I won't use a name she knows exactly who she is. She is the most rude person I have EVER talked to if she were an employee under me SHE WOULD NOT HAVE A JOB with the attitude that she has. I would not even refer my worst enemy to work for this place after the encounter I had the other day with this lady.

GET RID OF THIS LADY AND HER BAD ATTITUDE ITS HURTING YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!!

QPS Employment Group Response

Jan 20, 2015Marketing Specialist

We are sorry to hear you feel disrespected by one of our employees. Our employees understand the importance of treating others respectfully and professionally. We would like to assist with this but ... More

A Great Place to Start Your Career (And Stay, Too!)

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Personal growth is huge at QPS. We are generally a very young company and there are a ton of opportunities for someone who is just starting their career. I started my career as an assistant as my first job out of college and have been able to grow to an assistant manager in eight years.

QPS is always looking to grow and expand into new regions. If you are someone who would have a future interest in relocating and would like to help open a branch in a new market, QPS is a great place to choose.

QPS has a PTO bank policy, which allows you to earn more time off the longer you are employed. I feel that our policy is much more generous in comparison to some of my friend’s plans.

Our executive team truly has a vested interest in the company and the employees. They know employee’s names in each of our branches and are very hands on in the day-to-day operations.

QPS has a generous length of service awards program, including $500 at 5 years, $1000 for a trip at 10 years, $1500 for a trip/spending money at 15 years and a Rolex watch at 20 years! Not many companies have something like this in place!

The work that we do is very rewarding. Knowing that you were able to help someone find employment and make a true difference in their lives is something to be proud of.

Cons

QPS very much has a "work hard, play hard" mentality. If you are an individual who is looking for a straight 8am-5pm, QPS may not be a good match for you.

QPS is looking for people who are able to give 100% every day. The work that we do is more than just showing up and collecting a paycheck; people have to be willing to work each and every day.

My advice is for QPS to do what they always do: listen to their employees, reward their success and help foster a great work environment for everyone.

Not a bad place to work if you can handle doing a million things at once

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Grinnell, IA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Grinnell, IA

I worked at QPS Employment Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The hours are decent with weekends off sometimes. Employees are mostly friendly and easy to get along with. Hard work is sometimes recognized with bonuses or commissions and the benefits are decent.

Cons

The organizations structure can be bit confusing. It seems like you have to go through multiple people and departments just get anything done. Prepare to have very little communication with the managers, unless of course something did not go their way then you will hear from them.

Management has to handle several offices, but going almost 3 months without visual contact seems odd. Advice--Management works for the offices, no the other way around. The people grinding away in the office everyday dealing with chaos that is staffing deserve better.

QPS - An Outstanding Company To Work For!

Current Employee - Training and Development Manager in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Training and Development Manager in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Have worked my way up now in this company as have many others. There are a number of opportunities for promotion or lateral moves comparative with other mid-side companies. Company truly cares about worker appreciation and satisfaction. Very generous gifts for each 5 year anniversary starting with $500 at 5 years, $2,000 for 10 and $3,000 for 15 to be used for a trips. This is on top of stretch goal bonuses, cards, lunches and gift cards for holidays. Company hosts an annual meeting for all internal employees to provide an update on our company and the overall staffing industry. Upper Management also regularly communicates updates to employees thru semi annual meetings, quarterly newsletters and a weekly updates. PTO starts off with approximately 2 weeks during first year and caps out at approximately 5.5 weeks. PTO rolls over with a cash out option as well. Company has invested significantly in training, adding a recent online system but not to substitute for in person training. All new employees spend their first week at our Brookfield corporate offices learning about the company, software training and meeting each of our departments that are there as a resource for them once they start at their branch. We are a growing industry and extremely busy!

Cons

We play hard but we work hard. Hours are not always set and client needs and unexpected requests are part of our industry. We tend to get many internal employees from restaurant and retail who are used to this and think that our hours are much more stable. Those who wish to get promoted or succeed have to be customer service minded and go the extra mile. Average doesn't cut it at our company. Promotions are available as I noted but many also require relocation or travel as part of the role.

Company puts a significant investment into making sure workers have a good work environment with the best tools available.

Lots of Growth!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- many opportunities for advancement due to company growth
    - some of the most talented people in the staffing industry work at QPS
    - recent investments made in technology & training
    - personal involvement from ownership
    - annual bonuses and company meeting offering prizes

Cons

- typically not 9am-5pm job
    - some customers have unrealistic expectations of the employees they need for a minimum wage job

- continue to communicate with employees on direction the company is going in.
    - continue to work to retain tenured employees
    - Invest in more leadership training

QPS has been a great company to work for!

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been a full-time employee of QPS for almost 4 years. The owners of the company are still very active and involved in the company and know employees names. I truly enjoy my job and co-workers. The company values it's employees and offers great benefits. The onboarding process has developed a lot since I start and QPS is truly investing in it's employees right from the start.

Cons

There is not really much negative in my perspective.

QPS Employment Group is not a bad employment agency to work for.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sheboygan, WI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Sheboygan, WI

I worked at QPS Employment Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was put into great positions while working for this employment company. The wages were well above minimum wage and the companies were reputable.

Cons

The people would try to lecture you about certain aspects of the job that they had no proof about. All they knew were the things they heard from the companies and never took your word into account. I understand that companies are technically "customers" but they're not always right.

If an employee is going to be let go from a company "not a right fit" is NOT an excuse. There should be note reasoning behind termination of a contract. When an temp works harder for the company than supervisors hired on, there is an underlying problem.

Excellent Company to Build a Career With

Current Employee - Upper Management in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Upper Management in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Leadership allows employees to grow within the company and develop their skills. There is little micro-managing which allows for independence and self-guidance within your role at the company. I've had the opportunity to work in many areas while at this company. I've always been encouraged to try different things and push the boundaries of how and why we do things here at QPS. This company is a very fast paced organization and we work very hard, so employees have to truly dedicate their time and energy to the company.

Cons

When we're busy, we are BUSY! At times it can be stressful to work here, but we all pull together as a team and get through it. QPS is not for every employee, but we try to be up front about this.

My work experience with QPS is challenging and rewarding!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are many great reasons to work at QPS. They care about their employees and generously share their success with their employees. QPS promotes internal growth and gives back to the community. Their training is outstanding. They have a variety of great benefits such as paid time off for your birthday; PTO that allows flexibility; 401(k) with a generous match; health, dental, life, disability; tuition reimbursement and a generous service award program.

Cons

The biggest challenge is that this is not a 9-5 job. We are dedicated to customer service and must staff accordingly to meet those needs.

Management should continue what they are doing. They do a great job communicating, leading and staying ahead of the challenges in our industry.

QPS Employment Group Photos