QPharma Corp.

CEO

Great mid-sized consulting firm

Current Employee - Project Manager in Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at QPharma Corp. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility, travel, extremely broad expertise, laid-back atmosphere: not cut-throat, no drama, very trusting, good benefits, great office location in morristown

Cons

inter-department communication can be spotty, paid time off isn't spectacular, no discernible pay scale- can feel like you have to claw your way to raises, bonuses, and promotions- they aren't automatic and follow no rhyme or reason.

getting better with the employee communication. keep it up. keep us focused.

Operations Driven

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I worked at QPharma Corp. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good pay, diversified group, Project managers are a smart group

Cons

Sr. management resistant to consider anyone's opinions and career growth is very limited

listen to internal employees and expand services outside NJ

When you think of FDA Compliance., QPharma should be at the top of your list.

Former Employee - Validation Engineer in Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Validation Engineer in Morristown, NJ

I worked at QPharma Corp. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training sessions to maintain knowledge in relevant fields.
    One professional society membership (ISPE or ASQ for example) is paid.
    Cadence Project Management Training.
    Comprehensive knowledge-base across company.
    Well-respected with current and former clients, leads to continuous and repeat work
    Travel opportunities
    Paid conference attendance and opportunities to present (Lunch 'n' learns)

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement.
    Can work with impossible or frustrating clients.
    Limited benefits
    Highly-specialized jobs limit opportunities for crosstraining

Need to work harder to retain and grow employees

Overall good group of people, stable environment, some management needs "help"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at QPharma Corp.

Pros

Great group of knowledgable people, great benefits, good salary, flexible work. Access to all levels of management when they are around.

Cons

Lack of managers communication on issues raised, senior management not onsite with the clients, don't visit us enough during our assignments.

Visit us more often and discuss company. Don't focus on office activities and add some sales people.

Spaghetti Management

I worked at QPharma Corp.

Pros

Some stability to some degree

Cons

kiss ... and you will get a good review

Just Making money is not everything

So So

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Morristown, NJ

I worked at QPharma Corp.

Pros

Good money , flexible hours and good health insurance

Cons

Random Management and chance of course without thinking

Keep focused

Great with flextime, management needs to communicate with employees though

I worked at QPharma Corp.

Pros

QPharma lets me qork from home when I need to, pick up the kids from school early, work my own hours, etc. they are great with work/life balance, managers are awesome

Cons

wish upper management would communicate more with employees, could use an actual sales person here to drive company growth, c-level executives depend on themselves too much where it could back-fire

lead by example, keep employees in the loop, foster communication between departments, encourage employees to seak outside educational opportunities now

A good consulting company to hire, but a poor one to work for.

I worked at QPharma Corp.

Pros

Small management makes it easy for anyone to contact the top if there are any problems.

They really try to keep people around even if it is a slow time at the office. I remember one time I was unbillable for a month and I was kept around until a free spot opened up on a project.

They are willing to take a chance on you if you are fresh out of school and have no experience. It's almost impossible to not be hired if you're in that position. Work for the company for a few years to get your feet wet in corporate life and then move onto something else.

Cons

Barely any training provided. I found myself being flung onto projects not prepared. They are fine with having a work-life balance until a project is in trouble, then you are expected to kill yourself to get everything done on time.

Most problems arise because managers always schedule a tight deadline and then put the pressure on when it can't be met. Most managers will throw the employees under the bus if a project goes bad.

Poor salary compared to even other engineering consulting firms in the pharmaceutical industry. You can literally make double a Q Pharma salary if you work for the big pharma companies. If you are single you are expected to be ready to travel at a moments notice even though when you're hired they'll tell you you'll have notice.

Promotions come with added responsibilities but only an moderate salary increase, so you could work less and make the same amount of money if it was possible to turn down the promotion.

Most employees stay for only a few years and management expects them to leave soon. If anyone stands out after 4-5 years only then will they get promoted.

It's difficult to get a straight answer out of management if you have a problem with the company. For several years there were no bonuses and we never got a good reason as to why. Finally a whole string of employees left and only then did we get any reasoning as to why there were no bonuses, and it wasn't good enough to prevent more people from quitting.

The reason why every project goes over budget and over the deadline is two fold:

1) You all stink at project planning. Don't try to cut the margins so deep that the employees have barely any time or resources to deal with the problems that arise in any project.

2) You compensate way too poorly to keep any good employees around.

I think you all know this but you've found that this way of doing things maximizes the bottom. If that's the case then don't be shocked when people leave en masse or when every project ends with unfavorable reviews from the client because it goes overbudget or late.