QTS Reviews

Reset
2.0
Chad Williams

1. Product Owner

I have been working at QTS full-time

Pros

Coworkers are great and the company is growing

Cons

Conservative management who don't reward employees appropriately

No. Just no.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at QTS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People working in the trenches are genuinely nice. Pay is fair. Carpathia acquisition may add some much needed leadership. I’m not a coffee drinker, but apparently that is one of things the company has going for it.

Cons

Remember the scene in Apocalypse Now where Kurtz (Marlon Brando) is lying on his death bed saying “The horror. The horror….”? Working for QTS is sort of like that, but with free coffee. Ok, maybe it’s not that bad, but it’s pretty bad. Read the other reviews if you don’t believe me. While there are a number of bright and capable people working at QTS, the lack of processes and absence of standard operating procedures makes it impossible for most people to do their jobs effectively. Couple that with the horrible leadership practices (e.g. weird organizational hierarchy, rampant nepotism, a COO who is obsessed with making everyone in the org go through a useless self-help / communication program instead of filling huge operational gaps, etc.) and you have a recipe for disaster. Did I mention the crying? I’ve never worked in a place where people just start crying in meetings. Between the crying and the CEO espousing his ultra-fundamentalist Christian views, every meeting runs the risk of turning into an old-timey religious revival. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. Unlike other reviewers I wouldn’t even recommend the company to people just starting out as they will just have to unlearn every bad habit they picked up while working at QTS.

Advice to Management

Quit your day job. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but when good employees are jumping ship on a constant basis, when you don’t know how or why to implement industry standard practices like a PLM process, when you get consistently negative reviews on job boards, it is time to take a good look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you are cut out for the job.

Poor Management Low Pay

Current Employee - DAPP in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - DAPP in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at QTS

Pros

For someone with less education it is a place to learn upgrade your knowledge and move on.

Cons

For those with higher degree, it is a waste of time. No room to grow and direct Supervisors are Micro Managing.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees based on experience, Degree and knowledge. Provide Leadership training to those in charge of review folks or peers attendance. not everybody possess people skills and management skills.

We are QTS

I have been working at QTS

Pros

Pros none... the only reason to work here is if you are looking for a job and need to work Feed your family.

Cons

Back staving, fingers pointing, managers will make mistakes and look for an scapegoat. You can lose your job for not moving to another state.

Advice to Management

Not matter how or why people leave the company you should follow up. You may want to know what drive someone to walk out of your company.

The Ship is Sinking Fast!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at QTS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice facility to work in, Flavia coffee machine/packets, and nice co-workers in the trenches.

Cons

All Management. This company says that they're all about the "People" but I don't see it nor have I experienced it. Almost every week you hear "man/woman overboard!!" Seriously, good, smart individuals with a decent amount of time at this company are jumping ship. I have never seen so much disorganization, confusing direction (if even provided), changing priorities, finger pointing, throwing-under-the-bus, and dead-wood as I do with all Management on all levels of this company. Yes, this is the data center business and it is where the growth is, but there are just too many cons.

Advice to Management

Get real and get a clue. Take notice to what you're doing to the lower ranks. You're losing many great people a lot faster than you can replace them. Like I said, the ship is sinking fast. Start handing out life jackets or right the ship quickly. Just because the stock price is increasing and your options are worth more and more each day doesn't mean you're running the company well.

No leadership.

Former Employee - Facility Tech in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Facility Tech in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at QTS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Free coffee. Not much more can be said as to the pros for this organization

Cons

If you can put up with working while your coworkers play on the computer and sleep all day this would be the job for you. Also expect harassment abuse and an unresponsive management team. Most coworkers feel they are qualified by watching a qualified HVAC tech. Or taking a course that teaches the answers to the test with no formal training.

Advice to Management

Hire people who can perform their duties and stand behind the people that due instead of standing behind the people who have not changed any filters in 5 years, can't figure out how to turn on a cooling tower after 2 years, sleep all day, and don't even know that a belt needs to be changed more often than 8 years.

Growing, but strong, positive culture.

Current Employee - Data Center Technician
    Current Employee - Data Center Technician

I have been working at QTS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership of this company seems to truly care about their people. Due to a decentralized structure, problems are usually resolved locally and quickly. The company makes a mark with its values, and it really shows.

Cons

The company is growing, but some of the practices haven't kept pace. This is clearly improving, but it still has a ways to go.

Family Cultured Company

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at QTS

Pros

Work life balance
    Great training
    Nice people
    Convenient location
    No hierarchy
    Financially healthy

Cons

No Process
    Unorganized
    No strategy
    Male Centric
    Poor buying decisions

Advice to Management

Recognize talent within organization

Great Trajectory!

I have been working at QTS

Pros

Good pay, Ability to progress. Team culture.

Cons

Not much brand recognition. Not many CIOs have heard of QTS.

Advice to Management

Advertise and beef up marketing efforts.

Beware!!!!!

Current Employee - Data Center Technician in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Data Center Technician in Irving, TX

I have been working at QTS

Pros

New company, competitive compensation, company now being publicly traded so the company has to follow laws

Cons

Not female friendly, counter productive to the mission statements, office culture not conducive to a favorable work environment,, no team work

Advice to Management

Provide employees with a safe place to work where favoritism and gender bias, is not an issue. Environment should influence team work

RSS Feed </> Embed