QVC Reviews

259 reviews filtered by
3.3
QVC President and CEO Mike George
Mike George

Pros
  • In terms of work/life balance, QVC is a great place to work (in 17 reviews)

• Great employee discount, nice work environment, friendly people (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Planning does a better job with work life balance initiatives than Merchandising does (in 14 reviews)

• 24/7 Schedule - expect to be asked to work holiday weekends, with nothing but a "thanks" (in 9 reviews)

1. Great job

I worked at QVC

Pros

Good scheduling, nice work place

Cons

Low pay, talk times vs customs service, unorthodox

Be aggressive at moving up the ladder.

Former Employee - Buyer in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Buyer in West Chester, PA

I worked at QVC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

QVC has excellent benefits. Also, there are tons of opportunities for training for advancement purposes. There are so many areas to be employed in, if you are interested in exploring, all it takes is asking the question and most managers would be thrilled to arrange a Walk A Mile. There is also extensive talent recognition with quarterly awards.

Cons

Though one of QVC's talking points is work-life balance, that's kind of hard when you are dealing with a live show, 24/7. Also, many of the higher-ups have now been there many years and are almost ready/able to retire early since they got in on the bottom floor. It shows. They are really just biding their time, trying to drink the kook-aid and not rustle any feathers and ruin the good thing they have going. It' disappointing, because these people use to be very creative and open to ideas. Now, they are complacent and just go with the flow.

Remember where you came from! There are lots of employees in the ranks who have great ideas, but they aren't being listened to because everyone is so scared of having an original idea that would put them in the spotlight.

3. Developer

I have been working at QVC

Pros

Good, nice environment and culture.

Cons

Salary is not very competitive as compared to others in industry.

5. It has been a good experience working at QVC.

Current Employee - Copy Center Operator
    Current Employee - Copy Center Operator

I have been working at QVC

Pros

This Company has really great benefits. You can get good coverage for everything from dental to eye exams. You also have a good variety in the types of coverage you can pick. The employees are all either happy people or keep to themselves which is great.

Cons

The raises aren't great so your only way to make more money is to go for a different position. It is a bit difficult to get promoted at times. Some jobs remain posted even after the point of consideration.

Management needs to work on making it possible to actually be able to earn a decent raise by working hard at your current position.

Meh...

Current Employee - Marketing in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, nice people, cool possibilities.

Cons

Slow, outdated, too many layers with upper management in meetings all the time - and mostly coordinators, and junior employees executing. Air-tight silos prevent the cross-functional collaboration necessary to innovate.

Find a way to really innovate - for real. Hire a few strong key leaders from the outside.

7. Great Experience

I worked at QVC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at QVC. I thought they put a lot of trust in their employees to make decisions regarding their particular job duties - i.e. there wasn't a lot of micro-managing going on, like I've seen in other companies. The company provided a lot of perks and benefits and had relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

The technology in my department was a little on the out-dated side, especially for a company as large as QVC.

Where is the trust and respect?

Current Employee - Customer Service in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at QVC

Pros

Attention to health programs such as rewards for walking, yearly check in with health professionals on site. Yearly mammograms and flu shots provided. Safe working area. Offering positions throughout the day and night.

Cons

I am sad of what is going on here on the fence of continuing my employment here. In the past year management has taken away almost everything that made me want to work here just a few years ago. They talk about trust. The only thing I trust is at each of our "monthly meetings" is that they will take away another perk of working this job. They talk about openness, The only way you can get your question addressed is to stand up in a meeting of half of the building and address your problems. IF THEY LET YOU. The last meeting they conveniently ran out of time before Q and A. If you do address your "concerns" then you have to worry about your job security because any of management can make a reason to immediately terminate you. My health insurance was raised dramatically this year. Where was the attention to this? Job security is a joke as I see so many people fired that have been there for years upon years, without warning

Our customers always comment on how wonderful we all are and I always responded that is because QVC treats us great! Instead of trying to mold us into being more like China think about the employees. My main reason for working here is the flexibility. This is mostly geared as a Moms job. Why? It doesn't pay enough to justify being the main job in a family but did give the time flexibility to be a Mom. Taking away perks like flexing and revamping the point system that has been in place for years creates distrust in your employees. The new time off without pay system is ridiculous and I can't see how this benefits the company at all but definitely angers your employees. I can understand making it mandatory to take your towop but why the 2 hr cancellation rule why not 10 or 20 minutes? Now your are "reworking" the point system, but don't give us any insight until after it is done. Oh and let us have our say in more than one way. Why not a suggestion box. Seems ridiculous to me that I can't give out a suggestion without feeling my job may be in jeopardy.

Take a chance, you can make a friend w/ kindness

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at QVC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

it's building are clean and wprkers tries to get to know new people

Cons

limits on creativity micro manages chooses people with most calls a minute to stay longer listens to calls

be friendly not just when you meet somone and invite them to be employed.

A nice company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at QVC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A great company to work for nice benefits. A really good discount for mechandise.

Cons

I worked there for over two decades started out great but ended very badly. No fair chances for advancement seems as if people who are promoted are preselected. The culture of the company has changed drastically over the last few. Managers and supervisors were some the worst people I have ever worked for to the point where they would not even speak to you or say Hi some days. It was very odd. No value placed on what you know just who you know especially as far as getting promoted.

Over the recent years they have hired and promoted some of the most unprofessional people I have ever know they have no accountability or integrity.

I enjoy the environment

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at QVC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like the work helping others is a plus

Cons

No work family balance low pay

Be more flexible w schedules being required to wrk one weekend day everyday is overkill

QVC Photos