www.qvc.com

Updated December 16, 2014
3.4

QVC President and CEO Mike George
Mike George

Pros
  • In terms of work/life balance, QVC is a great place to work (in 17 reviews)

• Great employee discount, nice work environment, friendly people (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Planning does a better job with work life balance initiatives than Merchandising does (in 14 reviews)

• 24/7 Schedule - expect to be asked to work holiday weekends, with nothing but a "thanks" (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

QVC Is a Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Merchandising
    Current Employee - Merchandising

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Culture
    Wonderful People
    Lots of Growth Potential
    Strong Global Presence
    Good Benefits

Cons

Salaries have improved but still an area of opportunity

everything was fine

Former Employee - Shipping Associate in Rocky Mount, NC
    Former Employee - Shipping Associate in Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at QVC part-time (less than an year)

Pros

the people are helpful and friendly

Cons

working part-time is hard to get hours

QVC offers a great work environment, amazing culture and good career growth which is employee-driven - plus it is fun!

Current Employee - Manager in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging and interesting work, diverse departments, career growth, energizing, fast-paced, work/life balance, warm and friendly culture, community involvement.

Cons

Intensity of pace can lead to burnout over time, contantly shifting priorities requires juggling, can get stuck in the weeds.

Stay visible and close to the team. Keep an open mind when new employees come on board with differing perspectives and suggestions. Be open to ideas.

QVC practices what they preach.

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits package
    Competitive salary
    Will promote from within
    Flexible scheduling

Cons

Favoritism can be shown occasionally.

Current Employee - Order Entry Representative in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Order Entry Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at QVC

Pros

Great work environment, no pressure

Cons

none at this time, QVC is a wonderful place to work

none

Call center work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at QVC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, good insurance, close to home

Cons

Rules, restrictions, and performance parameters were increasingly hard to meet. I know someone that worked there for over ten years that was cut for a 30 second difference in the monthly talk time. I guess it's just cheaper to hire a new person... *shrug* Some of the required hours and/or overtime were far removed from the possibility of a regular sleep/family schedule. Very much a place where the right people have to like you, for you to advance or stay. I'd say 'good ole boys club' but there are more women in the higher positions.

People care. People matter. People are not only a number. Advancing someone into a job, that's already been doing it as a fill in, from your current workforce, is better that hiring a cheaper person from an external source. People should be able to use the bathroom when they need to, and not have to break it out of the lunch half hour, if they can produce medical referrals to back it up.

It is what you make of it, although those efforts will require much.

Current Employee - Manager in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Right now is a very interesting time for the organization, which I find tremendously exciting. When things happen, they happen fast and I feel we are a very relevant player in our marketplace. My team is the best one I have ever had the privilege of leading, and together we work towards the best impact for our business partners. The director of my team in a terrific advocate for change and process improvement, and I do feel that I learn something new on a regular basis. If anything, my decision to join QVC has resulted in a great deal of professional growth and exposure to a very diverse set of teams.

Cons

I believe the company is working towards change, and doing what they can to remove roadblocks (although, that's a bit of a process to say the least). Generally, the culture is improving, but it still seems to be one of permission rather than one of healthy innovation and exploration. As a veteran in my field, I expect a certain degree of latitude and decision making. Sometimes I am allowed that, but more often the case is that I just proceed while securing as much buy-in as possible from my immediate team.

Also, keep in mind that there are those that are a little too comfortable during their time with the company. I've experienced everything from the easily-threatened to the self elected emperor, and navigating those types of co-workers will test you. The flip side to that is that there are talented, highly motivated partners in other teams that will make great allies. You just have to find them, which will require you to get out of your area and do some serious relationship building.

Management makes great attempts to "be visible", but the nature of the company makes those efforts seem rushed. Don't look at your watch, your smartphone, or anything else that takes away from your engagement with you reports. Have a seat, and just be real. It will pay off immeasurably. Empathy is a two-way street, and sharing your world with ours will bring us closer together.

I was a summer 2014 Merchandise Buying Intern in Designer Apparel

Former Employee - Merchandise Buying in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Merchandise Buying in West Chester, PA

I worked at QVC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I had a great summer working at QVC. The buying team that I was a part of was so willing to help me with any questions that I could have possibly come up with and they really treated me like a real employee rather than just an intern. It was great to be able to meet with other employees and talk about their line of work so I was able to get exposure to almost every aspect of QVC. I can't speak for the rest of the company but the training for the buying offices was absolutely amazing and extensive, I'm sure the other areas do it just as well. I would highly recommend interning here.

Cons

I honestly can not say anything negative about my time spent at QVC. The days did get a little bit repetitive but that is to be expected with any company/job. The cafe made me sick whenever I ate there but that can easily be fixed if you just pack your own lunch!

Great Work Place

Current Employee - Q/A in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Q/A in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and salary and discount on products they sell. You can get your dry cleaning , car fixed, travel plans, mail, banking and research, breakfast lunch and dinner all available onsite.

Cons

They push the QVC difference and values a lot it really is not a bad thing but some coworkers will make fun of you if you (drink the kool aide).

I was there when they had their mass layoffs, they could of given us way more notice then they did.

The benefits are good but the pay could be better. They genuinely care about their employees but have untrained and unskilled management and supervisors

Former Employee - Returns Processor in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Returns Processor in Lancaster, PA

I worked at QVC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good health benefits and time off however the pay is not very good

Cons

Hours suck....430am for first shift. Seriously who decided that's a good idea?

Communication within the company is horrendous and it very frustrating also a lot of favoritism

QVC Photos