QVC

Be The First To
Add Photos

QVC President and CEO Mike George

Mike George

Pros
  • Love it there, people are great, management very flexible and best of all love the work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

• Great employee discount, nice work environment, friendly people(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance could be challenging depending on the department; 24x7x364 requirements(in 10 reviews)

• 24/7 Schedule - expect to be asked to work holiday weekends, with nothing but a "thanks"(in 9 reviews)

Project Manager Intern

ProsBest place to work, very friendly, good pay, and always something to do.

ConsTraffic on the way to work

Great

Senior Fashion Stylist (Current Employee) West Chester, PA

ProsGreat place to work ! Awesome benefits

ConsPay is not great

Great Company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Port St Lucie, FL

ProsWarm Inviting Atmosphere, Room to Grow, Great Company to work for

ConsRecently took the cafeteria away from the afternoon/evening employees and have made a lot of not so great schedule changes company wide. No recognition.. QVC is starting to take from the people who really and truly make the business impact what it is ....

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease start recognizing your employees and start listening to the needs of not only the customers but of those who assist the customers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was surprised I got hired as an intern but not as a full-time employee afterwards

Intern (Current Employee) West Chester, PA

ProsResume Booster and beautiful grounds. Sample sale is amazing

ConsClicky and not being able to secure job after internship

Treat the Best Employees Like Dirt!

E-Services - Live Chat & Webmaster Responses (Former Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsI was actually making a decent dollars/hour amount. I received Outstanding/Superior annual review ratings every year for the seven plus years I worked there. Because of my performance ratings, I always received an increase of at least $1.00/hour every year.

ConsQVC sells pallet-loads of products online to anyone who wants to buy them. And they are fully aware that most of the items they sell on these pallets will be re-sold on eBay and other online auction/shopping sites. They were absolutely fine with that. But, when an employee purchases items and re-sells them on eBay, they are fired without warning. It is definitely their loss.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should be smarter than to cut off your nose to spite your face. You lost one of the best and most committed employees you ever had. I not only received superior performance ratings every year but also won special recognition more than once because of my performance. The "rules" are no outside selling...yet employees were constantly selling Avon and other "outside" business products while on the clock, or at least on QVC premises. There should be consistency in your rules, instead of enforcing rules when the mood strikes you.

Anonymous

ProsQvc offers wonderful benefits, however their salaries are not at all competitive compared to industry with certain positions. The working environment is fun, and sample sales are the best!

ConsSalary is not at all competitive compared to the industry. Management-many of us wonder how they have gotten to the position they have, when they don't do their job. Unmotivated manager which reflects poorly on the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to the worker bees who make their managers look good.

Stressful

Order Entry Representative (Former Employee) Port St Lucie, FL

ProsThe benefits were amazing. Great employee discount, nice work environment, friendly people.

ConsI worked in Order Services for 7 months. It's very repetitive, obviously and very stressful. The phones ring NON-stop, seriously. Taking 125 calls in 4 hours is common on a slow day. Hard to get to know people. Then promoted to CS full-time. I, myself, could NOT handle the stress or the pace. Ending up having to leave for my own health and well-being. I found the managers/supervisors very helpful, they actually offered me my old position back, but I ending up resigning.

Fun along the way

On-Air Planner (Former Employee) West Chester, PA

ProsGreat culture and work life balance. Lots of recognition given on a monthly/quarterly basis. There are yearly surveys for employees to voice things that need improvement, and in each of my years the executive team reacted quickly, making changes based on those surveys.

ConsTypical office politics - seniority/management positions given to people based on number of years they've been there rather than their quality of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to offer more competitive salaries.

Best place to do an internship

Intern (Former Employee) West Chester, PA

ProsRelaxed work atmosphere, company culture is teamwork and people are always willing to help. All internships are PAID. Many interns get taken on full time. Everyone is nice and helpful. Didn't meet one bad person there.

ConsCan be a bit superficial. You better do your hair and make up every day, with a smile plastered on your face or you may not fit in.

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's like being with family.

ConsNo Cons it's the best job ever.

Worked for QVC? Contribute to the Community!